Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    one day in the future someone will write a story revealing that spidey is a self saboteur who subconsciously desires and sets in motion the deaths of everyone around him as a result of his deep self loathing; essentially a serial killer in denial. at the end of the title’s publication he will be revealed as the true villain of the series: the sociopathic spider-man.
    Sounds kind of like Spider-Man: House of M.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Sounds kind of like Spider-Man: House of M.
    sorry not sorry uncle ben.

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    sorry not sorry uncle ben.
    I didn't care much of Spider-Man: House of M, but the most interesting part was Peter's dream journal of the regular universe, and Peter's family (Gwen, George, Aunt May, and Uncle Ben) reading these journals.

Gwen was rather taken aback that she was killed off so Peter could hook up with Mary Jane (who, in HoM, was a famous actress). George was unhappy that he and Gwen were killed off. Ben was unhappy that he died a few pages in. And Aunt May said she did alright. (Then Uncle Ben says that she was always having heart attacks.)

So... You were kind of right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I didn't care much of Spider-Man: House of M, but the most interesting part was Peter's dream journal of the regular universe, and Peter's family (Gwen, George, Aunt May, and Uncle Ben) reading these journals.

Gwen was rather taken aback that she was killed off so Peter could hook up with Mary Jane (who, in HoM, was a famous actress). George was unhappy that he and Gwen were killed off. Ben was unhappy that he died a few pages in. And Aunt May said she did alright. (Then Uncle Ben says that she was always having heart attacks.)

So... You were kind of right about that.
    haha someone was bound to point it out. that's pretty funny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Forget dating. Who hasn't been close to Peter in any capacity and ended up hurt or endangered because of it?
    Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew.

Psylocke
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

BANNED

She-Hulk's human form.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Norah has flirted before, and that's enough to make her an exact duplicate of MJ! Uncanny!

But seriously, yeah, it's scary how much folks are willing to dismiss female characters because a trait seems similar to an previous character's. Like there can only be one female reporter in Spider-Man's multiverse!
    I think a lot of ingredients in BND were - intentionally or not - new characters and scenarios standing in for analogs from the Romita-era books. Lots of BND very much felt like a modernized version of that era of stories. Which is why I enjoyed it so much. I actually prefer BND to Big Time.

It's not an insult to the creators or the characters. In fact, if I recall, I was pointing out the Norah/MJ similarity because a comparison was brought up.

And, a job's a job. I mean, it can say something about a person, what they choose to pursue. But I think the relevant comparison here is that both Norah and 60s MJ have drive.

If a job becomes an important defining characteristic, Peter's screwed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I think a lot of ingredients in BND were - intentionally or not - new characters and scenarios standing in for analogs from the Romita-era books. Lots of BND very much felt like a modernized version of that era of stories. Which is why I enjoyed it so much. I actually prefer BND to Big Time.

It's not an insult to the creators or the characters. In fact, if I recall, I was pointing out the Norah/MJ similarity because a comparison was brought up.

And, a job's a job. I mean, it can say something about a person, what they choose to pursue. But I think the relevant comparison here is that both Norah and 60s MJ have drive.

If a job becomes an important defining characteristic, Peter's screwed.
    I liked BND and Big Time for both those reasons. BND played around in familiar territory, more of an iconic setting, while Big Time drove for newer ground with Horizon Labs. Something the same and something different. Worked for me.

I guess my issue is...well, drive? I meeeeaaaan, sure, they're outgoing individuals. Outgoing characters usually share a lot of traits. Anyone ever meet an outgoing recluse? ...To be fair, I'm sure someone like that exists.

I meant drive as in ambition.

Plenty of people are outgoing and have little or no ambition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    I meant drive as in ambition.

Plenty of people are outgoing and have little or no ambition.
    No, I agree. Just think more often than not it's a shared trait. Especially in fiction. Otherwise, you're probably a very nice schlub.

It seems so common in comics for female characters that I wouldn't even find it notable enough to be a shared trait.

Anyway this is now the Norah Winters appreciation thread let's sit in a circle and one by one state our names and why we appreciate Norah Winters

BANNED

Her sense of humor is utterly blue. It's the total lack of filter that makes her so adorable.

And the ties.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Her sense of humor is utterly blue. It's the total lack of filter that makes her so adorable.

And the ties.
    I want to see her pop up in a MAX title.

She'd also make sense as a coworker for Jonah and Silk.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I think she won me over by calling Pete a "photo monkey". I just love it when anyone says monkey, really. I'm not hard to please.
    I imagine she'd be played by someone like Kristen Bell in a live adaptation and that is o-kay with me