Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    All-New Member

Yeah that does make sense. I have read Sledgehammer and there were some parallels now that I think about it. Guess it just struck me as a little bit odd because it was so sudden of a change. Maybe they could've addressed it in the first issue of RotBF or something, I don't know. I'm still bothered by that bunker that Howards jumped in couple of issues before, why didn't it have a roof for god's sake haven't they heard of grenades and mortar, I mean it's so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    OK, major spoilers follow. From an issue that was full of huge stuff, this one really blew my mind.
    noticed this one too!
    finally got to read my copy last night, and this arc has been an absolute stunner from start to end.
    return of Von Klempt is pretty insane, and im anxious to find out how Liz deals with this one. she was absent for so long, but was building up her confidence, and the way she spoke after makes her seem shattered just that little bit. also, all the use of Vril - will she be affected like she was at the end of the Frogs Saga, or has she built up a tolerance?

Quote Originally Posted by cantide View Post
    I used to be disappointed at how often Liz was simply exploited as an unconscious tool (Rasputin, Memnan Saa) and how often she needed encouragement before she could or would act (Shonchin). Both of those situations are tropes that often keep women with "powers" from gaining full agency as characters. But I'm so glad and proud to see the way she's owned her identity in RotBF. And her previous uncertainty, fear, and weakness now all factor into the life that's made her who she is. She's had a remarkable arc so far as a character.

Editing to add: Liz and Abe have had by far the most detailed and complex evolutions as characters in BPRD, with Johann and Kate coming in close behind. I see a lot of possibility for that in Devon and Fenix, too. Basically I'm just saying I love the way Arcudi writes these folks.
    I feel the same way.
    Have you read Sledgehammer 44: The Lightning War? Reading that before coming into RotBF kind of prepped me to expect "superheroic" power from Liz, given that the Sledgehammer suit is powered by Vril too.
    I took Sledgehammer 44 to be a primer for this series. It shows what Vril can do.

I still don't think Liz has realised her full potential yet though. Vril has been shown to be an incredibly powerful destructive force, but it's real power is in creation and life. This is a part of her ability Liz is yet to realise is even there yet.

In B.P.R.D. Hell on Earth: Monsters, Liz indicates that she knew in the future she was dead. I wonder how she died when she's this powerful now, and what her death means for the future of the world.

All-New Member

Yeah, in retrospect, Liz almost certainly hasn't reached the limits of her power yet (if there are any limits!) I should have said that she is more in control of and more in tune with her abilities than ever before. I'll be so curious to see if she ever taps into the creation aspect of Vril, especially after all she's ever done with it was destroy.

Where in Monsters did she indicate that she knew she was dead in the future?

I have a feeling that "death" will be a pretty flimsy concept for her, the same as it is for Hellboy and now Abe. Death probably won't be the end for any of them.

Where in Monsters did she indicate that she knew she was dead in the future?
    Yeah, I'm trying to remember this one too.

I just checked... It wasn't there. My bad. I must have imagined it.

The trade came out today. I'm picking my copy up soon. I can't wait to see that sketchbook...

Quote Originally Posted by middenway View Post
    The trade came out today. I'm picking my copy up soon. I can't wait to see that sketchbook...
    Ah, I show how missed that. And this the arc I've been most looking forward to. To the book depository!