Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Suicide Squad - Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn

I've seen a lot of talk about the Joker's new incarnation in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie, especially after the footage leaked. But what I'm wondering is what do people think of Harley? This may be the fourth live-action Joker we're getting, but it's the first ever live action incarnation of Harley Quinn we're getting! Who's psyched and what do they think? Does she have the chops to do it? How do like the representation of her from the trailer?

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

She's gorgeous....too bad that her look is horrible and this movie looks terrible.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Harley was set to be ruined by Schumaker in Batman triumphant but thankfully that never happened and we are getting Margot Robbie instead

Margot Robbie is a massively talented actress, and of all the actresses that have ever lived, she was my second choice for the most perfect fit for Harley Quinn. Yes, I'm extremely happy about her being Harley Quinn. Perfection as far as I'm concerned.

I don't care much for the costume and how her Brooklyn accent is heavily downplayed (While it high pitch and annoying, the accent is detrimental to Harley Quinn's character), but I love Robbie and I think she is an excellent actress. I hope we get her to be somewhat similar to her media appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Wumbo_You_Wumbo View Post
    I've seen a lot of talk about the Joker's new incarnation in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie, especially after the footage leaked. But what I'm wondering is what do people think of Harley? This may be the fourth live-action Joker we're getting, but it's the first ever live action incarnation of Harley Quinn we're getting! Who's psyched and what do they think? Does she have the chops to do it? How do like the representation of her from the trailer?
    No it's not. Dr. Harleen Quinzel was unfortunately in that dreadful Birds of Prey TV series in the early 2000's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Harley was set to be ruined by Schumaker in Batman triumphant but thankfully that never happened and we are getting Margot Robbie instead
    I heard it was rumored that Madonna would play her. I wonder how she would've done as the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I don't care much for the costume and how her Brooklyn accent is heavily downplayed (While it high pitch and annoying, the accent is detrimental to Harley Quinn's character), but I love Robbie and I think she is an excellent actress. I hope we get her to be somewhat similar to her media appearances.

No it's not. Dr. Harleen Quinzel was unfortunately in that dreadful Birds of Prey TV series in the early 2000's.

I heard it was rumored that Madonna would play her. I wonder how she would've done as the character.
    And in an episode of Arrow, but you could only see her from behind in that, and I don't think she was named.

No pictures? Costume could be better but I think she pulls the look off very well.

She might become the definitive Harley if done well. Though I do wonder who would make a good Poison Ivy now...
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Darkseid doesn't invade with a fleet of ships. Darkseid chills on your couch, embarrasses and humiliates you, and won't leave. And he drinks everything in your fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mantis View Post
    And in an episode of Arrow, but you could only see her from behind in that, and I don't think she was named.
    That's right. I don't think she was named or appeared fully due to the show not having rights to her or something. Wasn't that scene deleted though?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That's right. I don't think she was named or appeared fully due to the show not having rights to her or something. Wasn't that scene deleted though?
    Was it? I thought it made it to air.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I'm in love!

There's a few mannerisms that I thought were well done, like mimicking a shotgun with a baseball bat and when she says "huh". (Although typing this down isn't making it seem that great )
    She's definitely my favourite part (so far.)
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Quote Originally Posted by PyroSikTh View Post
    Margot Robbie is a massively talented actress, and of all the actresses that have ever lived, she was my second choice for the most perfect fit for Harley Quinn. Yes, I'm extremely happy about her being Harley Quinn. Perfection as far as I'm concerned.
    Is she really that good? I liked her in Wolf of Wall Street but thought she was approaching Keanu Reeves levels of awfulness in Pan Am and I've not seen her in anything else to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    No pictures? Costume could be better but I think she pulls the look off very well.

She might become the definitive Harley if done well. Though I do wonder who would make a good Poison Ivy now...
    I initially hated the look but it's grown on me. I think Bryce Howard will end up being Poison Ivy.

Battle Through Time Samurai Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    I always thought Uma Thurman would have made a great Poison Ivy if she played the character in a completely different DC movie. She just needs a far better costume designer and a completely different director for the film she's in. For other choices, if the movie was going for an older experienced Poison Ivy instead of an origin story younger version, I think Jennifer Love Hewitt would make a good Poison Ivy. For a younger Poison Ivy to match with Margot Robbie on screen, I would say Alexa Vega. I just like the idea of her playing an eco-terrorist who is close friends with Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn.

As for Margot Robbit as Harley Quinn, I like what I've seen so far. I'm more interested in seeing her as Harley than Jared Leto as the Joker to be honest. I could be wrong, but Harley Quinn looks like she will be more of a main protagonist than the Joker in the movie. I hope Margot Robbit plays Dr. Harleen Quinzel in Suicide Squad in a flashback or prelude scene before she becomes Harley Quinn.
    Last edited by Samurai Jack; 07-21-2015 at 02:23 PM.
    Top 10 Favorite Comics as of September 2019
    Image: Unnatural, Isola, Monstress
    Marvel: Magnificent Ms. Marvel
    IDW: Samurai Jack: Lost Worlds
    Other: Chuck Mullin's Bird Brain, Huda F's "Yes, I'm Hot in This," Nathan W. Pyle's Strange Planet, Dirk Manning & K. Lynn Smith's Hope, Samurai Grandpa

I like her look, she's beautiful and a great actress and I think she nailed Harley's mannerisms in the trailer. Probably the part of the movie I'm most excited about at the moment.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I like that her tats are toned down, I don't mind 'em on Joker but if they did him like they did her that would have been perfect. Now from what I have seen so far, she looks great as HQ! This movie is going to be something special I can feel it, and it looks like it is setting up the solo Batman film too, which is great we don't have to waste anytime and can dive straight into the solo Batman flick!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.