Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    That's right. I don't think she was named or appeared fully due to the show not having rights to her or something. Wasn't that scene deleted though?
    One of them was, but her scene in the first Suicide Squad episode was kept in. She was also voiced by Arlene Sorkin's nominal replacement as Harley's voice, Tara Strong .

I think her Harley looks great, and she seems to get the characters mannerisms and attitude down to pat. Her voice is a lot more subdued than I was expecting, especially for a Harley voice, but I think she's got the accent down .

Always Rakzo

She definitely has the good looks, let's see if the personality and writing/directing can match.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

She seems to play the role pretty well so far based on the trailer.

She's already a rising star, but I think this movie catapults her to superstar status.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Lovin her. The look and attitude. She will nail it.

Ultimate Member

She and Viola Davis as Amanda Waller were the two that made me immediately go "yeah, they NAILED those characters." She was great. It is surprising that her accent is a bit more "tone-down" then I'd have expecting (especially since Margot just did a very Harley-like accent in The Wolf of Wall Street), but I still like her voice (and maybe it'll sound a bit different when we get to the actual movie, they've only been filming for a few weeks). Also, I'm still not big on her "costume," but that's not a deal-breaker for me. Some notable "Harley-isms" in the trailer that stood out:

-Pumping the BB Bat like it was a shotgun.
    -Blowing bubbles with her gum.
    -Her quip about car insurance.
    -Her whole scene with Captain Boomerang, particularly that little "huh" that she does.
    -Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    She might become the definitive Harley if done well. Though I do wonder who would make a good Poison Ivy now...
    Alicia Vikander. She killed it as the seductive AI fatale in Ex Machina. Seductive nature goddess fatale is not much of a stretch.

...or maybe it is. But she has shown she has the chops to pull it off. Plus lovely too.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 07-22-2015 at 11:44 AM.

I think Margot Robbie is going to hit it out of the park with Harley , I really do. She's pretty enough, The movies got a respectable director in David Ayer ( End of Watch , Fury) . Not Event worried if Leto doesn't Match the Heath Joker, but if he does, more the better.

I like what I've seen and heard so far. Not much else to say till the film comes out, except that she's got looks that will haunt my dreams in the most delightful way.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    She and Viola Davis as Amanda Waller were the two that made me immediately go "yeah, they NAILED those characters."
    that's exactly what i thought when i first saw that trailer.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Really? I though Viola Davis was completely over acting.
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

Quote Originally Posted by Macho Mantis View Post
    Was it? I thought it made it to air.
    There were two scenes, one was cut and the other was shown when John Diggle and Lyla were at A.R.G.U.S recruiting the Suicide Squad.

I think Harley looks great, spot on! But the trailer was slightly underwhelming for me, I don't know I expected more but I guess it's too early to judge.

Can't wait to see Harley in action for the first time

Her voice is not how I "imagined it", but looks and mannerism feel perfect. I think that if movie doesn't flop and general audience likes her then we are likely to see a solo movie for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Really? I though Viola Davis was completely over acting.
    Yea she was bad. Clunky lines and heavy overacting.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Yea she was bad. Clunky lines and heavy overacting.
    I don't think anyone can be as good as CC Pounder. Lady was made for this role.

Viola will be cool though.