Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Margot Robbie may very well steal the show in 2016. Her only two real competitors in this are Will Smith and Jared Leto. I expect the former to sort of just phone it in. Not that he'll do bad by any means, but I don't think we're going to see a Will Smith that we aren't already used to. Leto of course is going to come at it as hard as he possibly can. But people seem most excited/intrigued by Robbie and Harley Quinn, and from the trailer I get the sense that she is going to own this role. Warner Bros is going to want to bring her back, whether it be in a Batman film or a Suicide Squad sequel.

I loved when they announced the casting but I'm still not a fan of overly sexual Harely…so the costume is not my favorite and she seems to bat *&%$ crazy…like out of control crazy…and for me Harley is crazy but always in control…in her own clumsy corky way. But I have hope cause Robbie is a good actress.
    A for Ivy Jessica Chastain was always my favorite choice!

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    Margot Robbie may very well steal the show in 2016. Her only two real competitors in this are Will Smith and Jared Leto. I expect the former to sort of just phone it in. Not that he'll do bad by any means, but I don't think we're going to see a Will Smith that we aren't already used to. Leto of course is going to come at it as hard as he possibly can. But people seem most excited/intrigued by Robbie and Harley Quinn, and from the trailer I get the sense that she is going to own this role. Warner Bros is going to want to bring her back, whether it be in a Batman film or a Suicide Squad sequel.
    She signed up for a lot of movies
    If Suicide Squad gets really big and people especially like her character I could see her getting a solo movie especially if Affleck doesn't want to do a Batman trilogy.

She even said Harley is worth the multi-picture deal. Which is great to hear.

Fantastic Member

I think they're already writing the solo Harley movie, anticipating the wowzers fan-reaction to her performance and the $$$$$$ of Harley merchandise shooting outta stores - where's my Lego Harley Prison Cage and door poster, darn it.

Ultimate Member

I keep forgetting that she's only 25 (Hell she's my age). Maybe it's because she doesn't really carry herself that young, or because in both of her most prominent film roles she had love interests that we're significantly older than her (Leonardo DiCaprio and Will Smith).

i just cant believe we are even getting a suicide squad movie at all! years ago i would never in a million years think this franchise would be a feature lol so im very excited for this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I keep forgetting that she's only 25 (Hell she's my age). Maybe it's because she doesn't really carry herself that young, or because in both of her most prominent film roles she had love interests that we're significantly older than her (Leonardo DiCaprio and Will Smith).
    Nah she looks a solid 7+ years older than she is tbh. Not a bad thing at the moment but let's hope that trend doesn't stick around.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

Quote Originally Posted by Diggy View Post
    Nah she looks a solid 7+ years older than she is tbh. Not a bad thing at the moment but let's hope that trend doesn't stick around.
    She looks 27-28. Punisher is right. She is very elegant and the way she carries herself makes it appear like she's in her 30's. That and the fact that Hollywood is sexist and will pair her with men almost double her age.

But I think 25 is a great age to start playing Harley for a multi-picture contract. She will already be 26 before Suicide Squad comes out and will be in her late 20's during her second go as the Clown Princess of Crime.

Fantastic Member

^unless they get underway with the Harley movie before SS has even come out.

Spectacular Member

I'm not seeing Harley yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zwixxx View Post
    ^unless they get underway with the Harley movie before SS has even come out.
    Why would you make a harley movie of all things? it doesn't make sense to have a Harley movie because as a character she doesn't have a whole movies worth of material to do by herself. They could do a whole Mad love Movie if they want to but they are already covering portions of that now. Gotham city Sirens after the Batman movie comes out if they want too but that is it. No other movie Ideas come out besides her co-starring in a batman movie and other sucide squad films.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Why would you make a harley movie of all things? it doesn't make sense to have a Harley movie because as a character she doesn't have a whole movies worth of material to do by herself. They could do a whole Mad love Movie if they want to but they are already covering portions of that now. Gotham city Sirens after the Batman movie comes out if they want too but that is it. No other movie Ideas come out besides her co-starring in a batman movie and other sucide squad films.
    There's plenty of material for a Harley Quinn movie
    I think its a given that Suicide Squad could get a sequel but its not gonna be right away and probably will be post 2020
    So far WB's main goal is getting to JL and then everything else is up in the air but they are seeing what properties are popular and can make them money. Harley Quinn is one of them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Why would you make a harley movie of all things? it doesn't make sense to have a Harley movie because as a character she doesn't have a whole movies worth of material to do by herself.
    They have these things called writers who come up with stuff that has not necessarily happened in the comics.
    I believe Margot's Harley will be popular, with the movie watchers and the merchandise buyers, and like Nite-Wing said, WB wants to make money, so if they're sure a Harley movie will do that for them then by heck they're gonna want to bring one out asap.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    She looks 27-28. Punisher is right. She is very elegant and the way she carries herself makes it appear like she's in her 30's. That and the fact that Hollywood is sexist and will pair her with men almost double her age.

But I think 25 is a great age to start playing Harley for a multi-picture contract. She will already be 26 before Suicide Squad comes out and will be in her late 20's during her second go as the Clown Princess of Crime.
    Pairing her with two insanely popular and talented actors is sexist . . . how? Hell, even if they weren't insanely popular or even talented I fail to see how sexism factors in. Hollywood is more racist than it is sexist, and the fact that they paired her with a black man is quite nice to see.

Anyways, I think Margot Robbie will disappoint as Harley. I think she and the writers simply don't understand the character, and are treating her like a female Deadpool. "Just get her to do crazy things on screen. The audience will love that."
    Last edited by TsukiSentinel; 07-25-2015 at 11:52 AM.