Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Yeah, same here. I was hopeful about the relaunch but this is a padded waste of time. So tired of all the Superboy angst -- it's been suffocating his character since the New 52 began. It's the failed storyline that just won't end.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadeb View Post
    Yeah, same here. I was hopeful about the relaunch but this is a padded waste of time. So tired of all the Superboy angst -- it's been suffocating his character since the New 52 began. It's the failed storyline that just won't end.
    The really stupid thing about it is that it DID end. After Kuder brought Kon back in his Superboy run, Kon had a subplot in the final arc of Supergirl. They showed he was on Earth trying to find himself. When his subplot intersected with Kara's, they ended the book with Supergirl and Superboy working together and feeling more like family than they had at any point before in the New52. Kon seemed happy, and even smiled! I was so irritated to read the issue of Teen Titans that came out like a week later had just thrown all of this out the window. They ended this tired plot, and then resurrected it for no reason!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    The really stupid thing about it is that it DID end. After Kuder brought Kon back in his Superboy run, Kon had a subplot in the final arc of Supergirl. They showed he was on Earth trying to find himself. When his subplot intersected with Kara's, they ended the book with Supergirl and Superboy working together and feeling more like family than they had at any point before in the New52. Kon seemed happy, and even smiled! I was so irritated to read the issue of Teen Titans that came out like a week later had just thrown all of this out the window. They ended this tired plot, and then resurrected it for no reason!
    Who's the editor on Teen Titans now and then? I feel that would explain why certain character beats were resurrected in Pfieffer's run.

I thought they'd ended it a couple of times before that, including in his own book. But he's become the new Hawkman, perpetually searching for a workable status quo when there was nothing wrong with the old one.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ceebiro View Post
    Who's the editor on Teen Titans now and then? I feel that would explain why certain character beats were resurrected in Pfieffer's run.
    Eddie Berganza is the Teen Titans editor now. He's also the Superman editor so he edited Supergirl. Now that I think about it, in Supergirl #40 when Kon says he's going back to Earth to help people, there's a damn editor's note right there hinting that he's going to do the opposite:

Where's the logic in this? The Supergirl team managed, by some miracle, to take hold of the tangled thread that was Kara's character arc in her series and resolve it to a surprisingly decent conclusion by this issue. They clearly wanted to put Superboy in a good place too, so immediately doubling back on that is one of those bizarre creative decisions I just have to scratch my head at.

Quote Originally Posted by confusiongrows View Post
    Eddie Berganza is the Teen Titans editor now. He's also the Superman editor so he edited Supergirl. Now that I think about it, in Supergirl #40 when Kon says he's going back to Earth to help people, there's a damn editor's note right there hinting that he's going to do the opposite:

Where's the logic in this? The Supergirl team managed, by some miracle, to take hold of the tangled thread that was Kara's character arc in her series and resolve it to a surprisingly decent conclusion by this issue. They clearly wanted to put Superboy in a good place too, so immediately doubling back on that is one of those bizarre creative decisions I just have to scratch my head at.
    First of all, these are comics people cant be happy.
    That's honestly the only thing that I had.
    But we still don't know what really happened. But I feel like even if he was framed or mind-controlled, they are going to have a hard time selling that to the public.

I really miss the older Superboy run when it was written by Aaron Kuder

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

This book is a totally mess.
    With the relaunch i was optimistic but now everything is getting nonsense.
    Where is the friendships and familiar peculiarity that always distingueshed the Titans?
    Why all this hatred and angst in these pages?
    Why Bar Torr, again?
    Tim, Cassie, Kon have totally lost their essence. Other characters are dull or annoying.

BANNED

Bart fan here,I didn't buy this issue cuz I figured Bart would not do anything and wont be featured as much as kon and cassie and tim(curse those names),so did Bart do anything or was he neglected like always in favor of the "big three"? thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Bart fan here,I didn't buy this issue cuz I figured Bart would not do anything and wont be featured as much as kon and cassie and tim(curse those names),so did Bart do anything or was he neglected like always in favor of the "big three"? thanks for the reply.
    He was neglected by the big three, he was stopped by Beast Boy when he transform into a rhino and put his foot on him so he won't escape, KF should of just vibrate his body to escape. Yeah, the 'big three' were hugging the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    I don't think that is Trigon, since he also only had 2 eyes, if I was to guess, I'd say Rocafort doesn't know the difference between Blue Devil and Trigon (both designed by Brett Booth and on that page I can see why you'd mistake the two... since it is Trigons design.)
    It's not Rocafort it's Watanabe, I don't think that's suppose to be Trigon If I read it properly again because Raven took a peek inside Manchester's mind and IIRC Trigon is back in his domain or maybe he's there inside Supermax for no reason because of the writer and artist, currently the TT books is not good at all some are decent but overall not good. Blue Trigon does look like a love child of Blue Devil and Trigon maybe they should re-introduce Kid Devil by all means.

BANNED

He was neglected by the big three, he was stopped by Beast Boy when he transform into a rhino and put his foot on him so he won't escape, KF should of just vibrate his body to escape. Yeah, the 'big three' were hugging the series.
    Really? well to tell you the truth I'm not surprised by this Im glad I didnt and will not buy this shitty series(in my opinion if anyone enjoys this title man you're lucky),I knew Bart will be mistreated like always it's been this way since Geoff johns took over the Titans back in 2003,anyway thanks for the reply.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    First of all, these are comics people cant be happy.
    That's honestly the only thing that I had.
    But we still don't know what really happened. But I feel like even if he was framed or mind-controlled, they are going to have a hard time selling that to the public.

I really miss the older Superboy run when it was written by Aaron Kuder
    well the drama should move on, same drama that already was undone is really bad storytelling

I think the biggest problem is with this series is it isn't interesting. I feel like I don't really know what's happenings itch the plot and I don't really care. Not to mention the characters have no personality. They're just plot devices or background wallpaper.
    Monica Rambeau is the queen of my heart and life. Bow down to her then give her all your money.

Nostagia leads to stagnation and over glorifying the past. The past sucked, the present sucks, and the future will suck. Take off the rose colored glasses and don't let that jerk nostalgia trick you into thinking life was better than it really was. If 20 years from now I'm of those people that say music, tv, videogames etc. was better back in my day please hit me in the knee caps with a bat.

I actually liked this issue a lot. I do Pfeifer wraps this up soon though. Iy feels like this is going to be longer than necessary. While I do hate Bar Torr being back, I'm glad we find out how exactly he's back and where Solstice is.

Quote Originally Posted by LP22 View Post
    Really? well to tell you the truth I'm not surprised by this Im glad I didnt and will not buy this shitty series(in my opinion if anyone enjoys this title man you're lucky),I knew Bart will be mistreated like always it's been this way since Geoff johns took over the Titans back in 2003,anyway thanks for the reply.
    Whole point of Bart in this issue was to remind us all that wonderful Bar tarr stuff totally happened and is totally in continuity.