Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Default Image Comics LGBTQIA+

Let's discuss Image books with positive depictions of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, asexual, intersex, pansexual, label-refusing, queer, and any other non-heterosexual or non-cisgender types of characters!!!

Recommend series to your friends to check out, talk about your favorite characters and series with the best representation, and anything else that floats your boat!!!!!!

I'll start. Right now I'm excited to give Rat Queens a shot, and I'm hella excited for June, when The Wicked and the Divine comes out. Kieron Gillen's all but stated that it'll include some positive representation.

Amazing Member

I know most are reading it anyways but I really felt that Kirkman did a great job with Eric and Aaron's relationship in the comic. He didn't play into any negative stereotypes, and when Eric died, Kirkman made Aaron's pain just as real as we've seen with hetrosexual couples in comics. I mean a lot of comic book writers have added gay characters, but sometimes they unintentionally play into some stereotypes, which is a shame.

Hack/Slash is coming back in July and while Cassie was a bit confused for awhile about her sexual orientation, she settled down with Georgia at the end of the ongoing series. Now I'm not sure how things with Georgia will play out in the upcoming mini but I'm hoping Georgia plays a big role in the mini. They're also an interracial couple, and as far as I know, the only gay interracial couple in the Image universe. I really need to read more comics so I can get a better idea of what progress is being made in the industry but well, there's no longer a local comic book store.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

What about people who may be a bit attracted to machines as in Alex+Ada? It's going to happen sooner or later. (Seriously)

*ducks*

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
    I know most are reading it anyways but I really felt that Kirkman did a great job with Eric and Aaron's relationship in the comic. He didn't play into any negative stereotypes, and when Eric died, Kirkman made Aaron's pain just as real as we've seen with hetrosexual couples in comics. I mean a lot of comic book writers have added gay characters, but sometimes they unintentionally play into some stereotypes, which is a shame.

Hack/Slash is coming back in July and while Cassie was a bit confused for awhile about her sexual orientation, she settled down with Georgia at the end of the ongoing series. Now I'm not sure how things with Georgia will play out in the upcoming mini but I'm hoping Georgia plays a big role in the mini. They're also an interracial couple, and as far as I know, the only gay interracial couple in the Image universe. I really need to read more comics so I can get a better idea of what progress is being made in the industry but well, there's no longer a local comic book store.
    Is this from that Invincible book? I should really check that out.

What's the premise of Hack/Slash? I've heard nothing but good things.
    Quote Originally Posted by eye of all View Post
    What about people who may be a bit attracted to machines as in Alex+Ada? It's going to happen sooner or later. (Seriously)

*ducks*
    Hey, if sentient robots capable of giving consent become a thing, I'd pass no judgment on that. ^_^ Stature x Vision II FTW
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

I'm pretty sure the Eric and Aaron relationship was in The Walking Dead.

Alex and Ada has been terrific so far, because of the way it's depicting the relationship between the two main characters. I highly recommend it if you're not reading it already.
    Writer of Lore and Legends for Mice Templar.

I've enjoyed Rat Queens so far, and I'm extremely excited for The Wicked and the Divine. I could try Hack/Slash, too.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KeenerED View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Eric and Aaron relationship was in The Walking Dead.
    Yeah, Eric and Aaron are TWD characters introduced at the start of the Alexandria era of the book.

Kirkman said awhile back in Letter Hacks that he'd eventually introduce a lesbian couple but that was a year back and it hasn't happened yet. The show had a lesbian couple for a very, very brief period of time, it was such a quick relationship I'm not even sure why they bothered. They got together and then an episode later one of them got her brains blown out.
    Last edited by Deviancy; 05-01-2014 at 01:48 AM.

Not sure if there are any now, but for awhile Savage Dragon had some gay folks in the supporting cast. But this was back in the 90s and from what I understand most of that cast is dead now. I just picked the series up so I don't know any specifics. And Artifacts/Witchblade has Dani who was bisexual pre-reboot and was remade into a lesbian. Not sure what's up with Finch.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

From what im currently reading, Saga and Prophet both feature LGBT couples. Plus cross-species pairings.
    Both excellent books.

Also Dani in Witchblade/Artifacts as mentioned. Though Finch has been absent for a while...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    What's the premise of Hack/Slash? I've heard nothing but good things.
    Cassie Hack, a "final girl" who destroyed a slasher that turned out to be her mother, decides to go on the offensive and hunt down and destroy all slashers. Its basically a mixture of Buffy and Scream.

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

In Mind the Gap, the doctor and detective, both women, are married. Then the brother also has a boyfriend but he is kind of a weasle.

All-New Member

I don't know how positive it is but I like how Colby in Chew will indiscriminately sleep with anyone. It always ends with that same image of him curled up in bed happy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Parking Meter View Post
    I don't know how positive it is but I like how Colby in Chew will indiscriminately sleep with anyone. It always ends with that same image of him curled up in bed happy.
    Ive never read Chew, but now I want to read it more. Happily bisexual folks are all too rare to find in any media.

Formally: The Adventurer Jim Purcell's Avatar

EGOs by Stuart Moore has given us a new trans character in Fear.

Her deal is that she's a clone of (Male) team leader Deuce. Deuce made all these clones of himself to form a new cosmic super team to save the Galaxy, but mostly to make himself look great. Each clone hides their identity under optical camouflage, each appearing to be a unique person with unique powers. Fear is one of those clones, with powers over emotions and hides under the disguise of a small flying girl. During their debut battle almost all of the clones are wiped out, except Fear and another. Afterwards when asked why she doesn't drop her disguise now that the ploy has been found out, she claims that her camouflage face is her real face. In the latest issue she drops her disguise and pretends to be Duece to help out with team member recruiting. But latter tells another surviving clone that she hates being Duece. And also doesn't care for being a man either.

From EGOs 3

From EGOs 4

Also, if you're not reading EGOs, you are seriously missing out.
    Last edited by Jim Purcell; 05-04-2014 at 01:49 AM.

Storm Dogs has a beautiful portrayal of a bisexual lead who falls for a transsexual character.