Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    And I don't know if I could argue that Tom Welling's Clark was better than Routh's
    I could, a cardboard cutout of Welling would convey more emotion than Routh's Superman. Frankly, a cardbord cutout of a huge sheet of cardboard could do so.

Don't get me wrong, this seemed to be a directorial choice but it made for an utterly tedious Superman.

I agree with everything else you said, godisawesome.

In general I do get that unashamed Smallville fans like me are not really plentiful around here but in its defense at least Smallville was actually fun. Something SR was utterly devoid of.

Prior to SR's release I read an interview with Spacey and he was asked if he'd read any comics to get a feel for the role. He replied, basically, that he wouldn't waste his time and has the films to take inspiration from. I knew we were onto a loser the moment I read that.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Casual Reminder that Henry Cavil auditioned for the role of Superman back in 2004. Singer chose to go with Routh over Cavil because of the former's resemblance to Chris Reeve. Henry dodged a bullet there. He could've been wasted on a mediocre Superman flick.

Singer on Henry Cavil
    "I think Henry Cavill is great. I knew Henry. He and I were friends years ago. Oddly enough, the reason I didn't cast him was because I was making a sequel to Christopher Reeve and I wanted somebody who embodied Reeve more."
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114329

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Casual Reminder that Henry Cavil auditioned for the role of Superman back in 2004. Singer chose to go with Routh over Cavil because of the former's resemblance to Chris Reeve. Henry dodged a bullet there. He could've been wasted on a mediocre Superman flick.

Singer on Henry Cavil
    "I think Henry Cavill is great. I knew Henry. He and I were friends years ago. Oddly enough, the reason I didn't cast him was because I was making a sequel to Christopher Reeve and I wanted somebody who embodied Reeve more."
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=114329
    Yep, always a great casting move. Go for the guy who looks like the guy who played the fictional guy 20 years ago. Utterly agree that Cavill dodged a bullet.

Ultimate Member

Plus, Routh only looked like Reeve SOME of the time. He certainly didn't have the physique that Reeve did, or that Cavill does right now. Superman should be built like a linebacker, Routh looked more like a swimmer. Oh and I think that Amy Adams also auditioned for the role of Lois Lane in SR as well, but Singer picked Kate Bosworth instead. But I'm not completely sure of that.