Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Should Spider-Man be a "Spider" fanatic?

I would like Peter to be more in to the actual Spider species and maybe own one as a pet, it just occurred to me writers make Peter less about his own animal as a staple, and more about a Peter using the animal as a stock motif to use while ignoring the priorites of one(I'd like to put being connected to arachnids personally as a category). Maybe Spiderman as this ceo can own a personal collection of one for enjoyment or scientific study purposes.

Extraordinary Member

That sounds like it would make him creepy.

Not something I'd wish for the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    That sounds like it would make him creepy.

Not something I'd wish for the character.
    Peter has always had an awkward creepyness area to him, it would make him more relatable to have a hobby that hits close to him. Plus Spiders are very creative and sophisticated animals despite their awkward and disturbing appearance, it would correlate to Peter on a context of his own character.

There's a Ditko era "exposition of Spidey's powers, etc." bonus that claims Peter is a foremost science expert on spiders. I'm sure someone's got a scan floating around somewhere.

I've seen all kinds of weird ideas from you, but this one takes the cake. How would this add anything of value to stage character or the stories?

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I always thought he should have a massive phobia of Spiders personally. Including screaming everytime he saw one

I don't think it would be good for his secret identity.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I've seen all kinds of weird ideas from you, but this one takes the cake. How would this add anything of value to stage character or the stories?
    It would make him care about his powers and skills more than he's ever been curious about them. It could built his creative mind the same way a spider's zoologist would find the value of spiders from their silk and maybe their genes themselves.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I don't think it would be good for his secret identity.
    Well, it could be. Hidden in plain sight and all that...

Astonishing Member

They established in Avengers once that he could talk to Spiders. Then it was gone like the morning dew. He also got testy with Hank Pym once over Whether Spiders were Architects.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua-Goat Prime View Post
    They established in Avengers once that he could talk to Spiders. Then it was gone like the morning dew. He also got testy with Hank Pym once over Whether Spiders were Architects.
    That was after The Other. When One More Day hit, his powers got reset to their original defaults --- superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, stamina, and durability, clinging to walls and other surfaces via unknown but presumably electrostatic-related methods, and a preternatural sense/instinct for danger. During and after The Other, all of those were increased, and he got new abilities like natural web-generating spinnerets in his wrists, stinger spikes/blades also coming out of his wrists laced with paralytic neurotoxins, night vision and increased sensitivity to vibrations and air currents like an actual spider, and a psychic connection to spiders. Then, as I said before, One More Day happened, and all those extra powers went away and his base powers went back to their default settings.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That was after The Other.
    It was the Disassembled "tie-in" written by Paul Jenkins that introduced The Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    It would make him care about his powers and skills more than he's ever been curious about them. It could built his creative mind the same way a spider's zoologist would find the value of spiders from their silk and maybe their genes themselves.
    He's creative without being a spider fetishist. The guys developed all kinds of inventions without being as creepy as Osborn or Octavius.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    He's creative without being a spider fetishist. The guys developed all kinds of inventions without being as creepy as Osborn or Octavius.
    Yeah but Spiders tech taken to whole nother level other than web usage and limb extension is something Peter hasn't mechanically invented yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jimishim12 View Post
    Yeah but Spiders tech taken to whole nother level other than web usage and limb extension is something Peter hasn't mechanically invented yet.
    What other levels are there?