Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Any chance of Hernan appearing in the DCU proper? He seems like a cool character!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    Any chance of Hernan appearing in the DCU proper? He seems like a cool character!
    At the moment, the chances are pretty slim. There was no mention of him or of Gods and Monsters at SDCC this year. That gives me little hope of seeing him or any of the Gods and Monsters cast in 2016. Perhaps something will come out of NYCC this year. I'll actually be attending this year. I'll try and ask around. Hopefully, DC will give Hernan a shot because I think there's a place for someone like him in the DCU at the moment. He's too good a character to just negate. He had so many complexities that didn't get explored in the movie or in the Machinima one-shot. Right now, I think DC is rightly focused on making Rebirth a success, but as it unfolds, I think other avenues should unfold as well. If Marvel can revisit X-men 2099 after 20 years, then why can't DC revisit Gods and Monsters?
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Incredible Member suemorphplus209's Avatar
    Someplace where there's many, many, trees...

7e30f98c280489e02948015f62b538fe.jpg

A poster for Gods and Monsters with Hernan
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

BRING BACK THE OLD WOLVERINE!!!

thats cool.

I wanted him to have a superboy/supergirl that isn't kryptonian or related to him. He or she would be have powers that come from a mystical source and be from the middle east. I thought it would be a good challenge for him since he is more willing to hold onto the bad than Clark is. This kid could potentially be a future rival if he isnt careful so he has to learn to conquer his fears and be a mentor to them.

His arc in the movie ended with him trying to turn over a new leaf so lets see how far it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    thats cool.

I wanted him to have a superboy/supergirl that isn't kryptonian or related to him. He or she would be have powers that come from a mystical source and be from the middle east. I thought it would be a good challenge for him since he is more willing to hold onto the bad than Clark is. This kid could potentially be a future rival if he isnt careful so he has to learn to conquer his fears and be a mentor to them.

His arc in the movie ended with him trying to turn over a new leaf so lets see how far it goes.
    What if they could say that his half-brother from another Universe (Chris Kent from Earth-16) got thrown in? Not to mention we didn't see a Martian Manhunter in Gods and Monsters, so maybe make Jonn a younger martian whose parents were killed in the White Martian genocide, and Hernan takes him in.
    Currently Following: Batman, Detective Comics, Dark Knight 3, Flash, Amazing Spider-Man, Multiversity, Spider-Man, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by suemorphplus209 View Post
    What if they could say that his half-brother from another Universe (Chris Kent from Earth-16) got thrown in? Not to mention we didn't see a Martian Manhunter in Gods and Monsters, so maybe make Jonn a younger martian whose parents were killed in the White Martian genocide, and Hernan takes him in.
    Seeing a young j'onn could be interesting but so far the predominate theme is that none of the mantle holders actually hold the mantle. So i dont think bringing J'onn in the fold is a good idea.

I love this superman i hope DC gives them one of the unknown universes in the multiverse he is just so damn epic. He is such a flawed and interesting character it isn't even funny. I like how he was so beat up when he crippled his sister and begged his mother for forgiveness hell when he called God a sadist just showed how "human" he really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    I love this superman i hope DC gives them one of the unknown universes in the multiverse he is just so damn epic. He is such a flawed and interesting character it isn't even funny. I like how he was so beat up when he crippled his sister and begged his mother for forgiveness hell when he called God a sadist just showed how "human" he really is.
    Yeah, The Justice League: Gods and Monsters Superman mini-series is one that I just bought and I would recommend it. It sure works very well with the movie. I wouldn't say as much the same for the tie-in and sequel comics, but Darwin Cooke's art makes them interesting for me. They could designate a Gods and Monsters universe, heck, I am surprised they never added the Gods and Monsters trinity to the Injustice Games at all.
    Last edited by suemorphplus209; 08-04-2017 at 06:55 AM.

Yeah, The Justice League: Gods and Monsters Superman mini-series is one that I just bought and I would recommend it. It sure works very well with the movie. I wouldn't say as much the same for the tie-in and sequel comics, but Darwin Cooke's art makes them interesting for me. They could designate a Gods and Monsters universe, heck, I am surprised they never added the Gods and Monsters trinity to the Injustice Games at all.
    No doubt i would love Longstrom Batman in Injustice

I wouldnt mind the sequel being made in comic form. I defienetely wanna see more of him and the world he lived in.

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

I am actually surprised that they didn't either. Seriously, if you are going to make a Mortal Kombat game (which Injustice pretty much is), these Darker, Edgier characters would fit in with it.
    Last edited by DieHard200904; 08-27-2017 at 05:46 PM.

I'd love for Superman-Guerra's world to join the DC multiverse. If nothing else, I think it'd be interesting to see him interact with Superman-Kent, and to see Kirk and Becca interact with Bruce and Diana.

Of course the problem with that is that there's one Guerra and like eighty bazillion Kal-Els/Clark Kents, so there's little guarantee that a published version of their meeting would go as I'd most enjoy seeing. I digress though.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member DieHard200904's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I'd love for Superman-Guerra's world to join the DC multiverse. If nothing else, I think it'd be interesting to see him interact with Superman-Kent, and to see Kirk and Becca interact with Bruce and Diana.

Of course the problem with that is that there's one Guerra and like eighty bazillion Kal-Els/Clark Kents, so there's little guarantee that a published version of their meeting would go as I'd most enjoy seeing. I digress though.
    Yeah, not many Elseworlds versions got incorporated into the multiverse. IIRC, Hoshi (Shogun of Steel)or King Kal (Riddle of the Beast, Kal the Blacksmith, etc.) were interesting in their own right (they were Superman, but not Clark Kent). The case of a non-Clark Kent I can think of with a universe designation would be Red Son of Earth-30. But then again, I will have to see if their multiverse has changed.

Quote Originally Posted by DieHard200904 View Post
    Yeah, not many Elseworlds versions got incorporated into the multiverse. IIRC, Hoshi (Shogun of Steel)or King Kal (Riddle of the Beast, Kal the Blacksmith, etc.) were interesting in their own right (they were Superman, but not Clark Kent). The case of a non-Clark Kent I can think of with a universe designation would be Red Son of Earth-30. But then again, I will have to see if their multiverse has changed.
    I would just like if he had a designated universe in the multiverse. That would be it. I mean I like the harsh pasts that these characters have and the fact that they still care for a world that fears and hates them, that something that makes their narrative special and unique and separate from the main DC characters, at least that's how it appears to me anyways.

Didn't recognise the name until I searched it up and noticed he is Gods and Monsters superman. I have not watched or read any of that universe, but it seems interesting and Timm's concepts sound great. Proper bat man, new god wonder woman and Zod's son superman right?
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown