Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Retired

Donald Trump hates bald people. Anyone who allows himself to go bald is a loser. Donald Trump likes winners not losers. That's why Donald Trump will never go bald--through sheer strength of will he fights off baldness every day.

All this talk about Donald Trump compared to Lex Luthor has me imagining a scenario where a Superman, who's not as open about his alien background and immigrant status, would have Luthor constantly badgering him about his birth certificate .

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    You might be on to something...

Omg...That IS Post Crisis Lex!

Spectacular Member oldschoolfan's Avatar

Default Silver Age.....

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Omg...That IS Post Crisis Lex!
    Looks like a silver age Lex to me.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    Well since he is over 29 he definitely isn't the Bronze-age Lex

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldschoolfan View Post
    I'm thinking more the Byrne/Ordway drawn heavy-set middle aged Lex....and possibly EARLY Silver Age Lex, who was usually depicted heavy set and older than Superman.

Bizarro Superman - "sorry boss, Superman got away"

President Lex Trump - "YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Bizarro Superman - "sorry boss, Superman got away"

President Lex Trump - "YOU'RE FIRED!!!"
    Bizarro - "No boss, YOU'RE FIRED!!!"

Loved the concept, didn't care for the execution.

The concept because a super-villain becoming president of the United States of either the DCU or the MU "for realsies" was unprecedented. It was Lex Luthor's ultimate victory over Superman.

And yet it felt ... unfulfilled.

Luthor should have been as immediate a threat to the larger DCU the way Doom is always an immediate threat to the MU. Yet he wasn't.

Though this thread def went a long way to explain WHY President Luthor wasn't nearly as menacing as he should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Bizarro - "No boss, YOU'RE FIRED!!!"
    Trump just doesn't have the stones to pull of what Lex can, does he.

So we all kind agree, good idea, bad execution. I think that says a lot about Lex's character. The fact that, here's a super villain, mad scientist, ruthless businessman, becoming president and it's not all that fetched or cheesy. You couldn't make many super villains president without really pushing things. We can actually see it in Lex. It's not all that out of character. Kind of shows just how complex Lex actually is.

The thing that worries me the most is I might even vote for the guy, depending on the situation and competition. I mean, if America does well, that means Lex does well, and he's such an egomaniac he'd want to make sure that, on top of everything else, he goes down in history as the best President of all time. During some elections, you cant find anyone with better motivation than that, and Lex is smart enough he *could* do a great job if he wanted to.

I mean, look at the 04 election; John Kerry, Bush 2.0, or Lex Luthor? If those were my choices.....sorry, but Lex gets my vote.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Yeah totally. See I can't buy Norman Osborn in any public office. Maybe working black ops or something hush hush, but the dude killed people in broad day dressed as a Goblin on a glider.

Norman Osborn is just pure mad scientist who happens to have a huge corporation that makes him millions to fund his nonsense. Lex actually does maintain a public persona "smile for the cameras" and what not. Lex is also rich with enough influence to completely make one of his "bad nights", vanish from mainstream media.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-26-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    The thing that worries me the most is I might even vote for the guy, depending on the situation and competition. I mean, if America does well, that means Lex does well, and he's such an egomaniac he'd want to make sure that, on top of everything else, he goes down in history as the best President of all time. During some elections, you cant find anyone with better motivation than that, and Lex is smart enough he *could* do a great job if he wanted to.

I mean, look at the 04 election; John Kerry, Bush 2.0, or Lex Luthor? If those were my choices.....sorry, but Lex gets my vote.
    Ha ha, I don't think that says to much about you though man. That just shows us how bad things have gotten in this country that we would vote in Lex Luthor simply because he isn't Bush 13. It's sad to know that, that is a totally believable scenario.

Lex would be harsh on foreign policy for sure, he would most likely crack down on "the superhero community" but try and maintain some public friendship with them. Kinda like how he had Captain Atom and John Stewart GL, on his pay roll.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-26-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Ha ha, I don't think that says to much about you though man. That just shows us how bad things have gotten in this country that we would vote in Lex Luthor simply because he isn't Bush 13. It's sad to know that, that is a totally believable scenario.

Lex would be harsh on foreign policy for sure, he would most likely crack down on "the superhero community" but try and maintain some public friendship with them. Kinda like how he had Captain Atom and John Stewart GL, on his pay roll.
    I could totally see him trying to introduce some sort of "Hero Registration Act" along the lines of what Marvel's Civil War was about. Of course, Lex would do a better job of it, spin it so the public supported it, and allow the weight of public opinion to force most of the heroic community into registering. And then he'd just let them do their thing; no heavy-handed oversight. It'd just be one more bullet in his arsenal, there if and when he needed it. None of that idiotic crap Marvel wrote though; similar idea but done with the intention of it actually working.

And if Superman refused to go along with it, which he would, so much the better. I dont see Lex using that as an excuse to send troops after him or classify him as a criminal, because Superman's not going to lose the public's trust enough for them to support that, but he'd definitely use Clark's refusal in the larger, long-term game of chess they've been playing for the future of humanity. And I think that's all the oval office would be for Lex, just one more piece on the board.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

So we all in agreement that the President Luthor idea is great but it was nullified in execution due to 11 Sept?
    And I think that New52 Luthor has even more catchet to be President than ever - less know evil deeds in his name, for one.
    Then there's the whole "Lex Luthor as member of the Justice League" thing that I'm sad Superman titles aren't exploring yet.
    How many american presidents were members of the Justice League?