Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Heh, I loved that Layla's dog is called Jamie.

Gotta question the Maestro's plan though, I know spoilers:
    the Destroyer
    end of spoilers is supposed to be powerful, but I doubt it will do much good against omnipotent Doom
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

What about the usual spoiler review?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    Heh, I loved that Layla's dog is called Jamie.

Gotta question the Maestro's plan though, I know spoilers:
    the Destroyer
    end of spoilers is supposed to be powerful, but I doubt it will do much good against omnipotent Doom
    Yeah, either Maestro is seriously overestimating the power of the spoilers:
    Destroyer
    end of spoilers, or it's a trick and he wants the rebels to go against Doom themselves.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't see how using spoilers:
    the Destroyer
    end of spoilers can be anything other than a distraction since spoilers:
    Doom got Odin's plans for the destroyer from Loki back in Gillen's Thor run after JMS and created his own version of if powered by the life forces of some Asgardians that Loki lured to his lab for him.
    end of spoilers So Doom knows quite a bit about it.

Hey, I didn't start this thread.
    What happened to the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I don't see how using spoilers:
    the Destroyer
    end of spoilers can be anything other than a distraction since spoilers:
    Doom got Odin's plans for the destroyer from Loki back in Gillen's Thor run after JMS and created his own version of if powered by the life forces of some Asgardians that Loki lured to his lab for him.
    end of spoilers So Doom knows quite a bit about it.
    Even apart from that, Doom has got spoilers:
    Destroyer Thor
    end of spoilers working for him, so complete stalemate there, leaving Doom himself and the rest of his forces to take Maestro apart. And unless all the other Hulks in Greenland are seriously downgraded versions, Doom's Thors don't have too much trouble taking Maestro down even without Doom getting his hands dirty.

Yeah, on first appearances the new weapon is not going to worry Doom. I'm not sure how omnipotent Doom is and whether he can read approaching danger, but he has some warning system in effect, so this attack by Maestro is probably going to all depend on Maestro finding this weapon firstly, and secondly, moving it to where Doom is. So much has to happen before Doom is confronted, that it seems Maestro hasn't done enough homework here. Crossing borders to "it is in a far off land guarded by fearsome Trolls" is just going to bring Thors to your doorstep.

I was anticipating some answer on whether Maestro actually kills his opponents and just lies about it and makes fake artefacts to put on display. But Maestro didn't parade out any super heroes to add to the Things forces, so it doesn't look like any super heroes are still around.

As to what Maestro is up too, (when if he is this bloodlust murderer, he could kill Thing and his forces right there and then), I don't know. Maybe Maestro does just want to send Thing and his forces into a trap, and just kill his opposition that way? I don't even see why Thing is agreeing with Maestro being Emperor of Battleworld if Maestro does defeat Doom, because he could be worse than Doom. Who helps one Emperor defeat another Emperor, and thinsk the world is any better?

Just comparing this Domain to other Domains struggles, this is all a faint of some kind, and everyone double crosses everyone else. Nothing ever turns out well on Battleworld. It's like Waywood Pines spoilers:
    when everyone finds out the truth, and the boss turns off the power. The very bad new humans come and eat everyone.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-23-2015 at 09:55 PM.

I can see the plan failing horribly. Out of all the 'all-powerful' weapons that could possibly stand some sort of chance against Doom, I...don't think that would have a high chance of succeeding honestly.

BANNED

There has to be more to the Maestro's plan than this. He's not stupid. And I have a feeling that I'm gonna be right about it. The Destroyer armor could be far more powerful than the normal 616-version. Perhaps Maestro just wants it to forge his own body armor. Who knows?

We still don't know what other powerful artifacts he may have and bring to the table against God Emperor Doom. What if he actually is the one who kills/dispatches the Thor Corps, Franklin Richards, Galactus and takes their power with whatever might he already possesses before fighting God Emperor Doom. It's a possibility, as he will have to get through them first before he reaches Doom.

Well there is always the Starbrand. It was stated in the Avengers a while back that a wielder of the Starbrand used the full power of it in a suicide attack that killed a Beyonder. In the Squadron Sinister book there is a version of Ken Connors who has the Starbrand and has stated that its power is limitless so I assume it is not some watered down version.

Jamie!!!!!! Put a smile on my face to hear the name of Layla's dog.

I'm not only questioning Maestro's plan but even more so the Rebels. Given what Dystopia has become under Maestro's rule they are perfectly happy with him ruling the whole world?? That's nonsensical!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey616 View Post
    Jamie!!!!!! Put a smile on my face to hear the name of Layla's dog.
    And one who knows the X-verse could recognize Jamie as being a Predator X. Seen in messiah Complex.

Linton and Dwayne are also characters we've seen before as members of the future Summers Rebellion.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    And one who knows the X-verse could recognize Jamie as being a Predator X. Seen in messiah Complex.
    Disagree with the Predator X reference. There is definitely a wink to Madrox with the name but the metal dogs were also in the first Future Imperfect mini, way before Messiah Complex.

There is something else though of which I wonder if it's gonna be relevant.

In Incredible Hulk #461 (also written by PAD) the Maestro revives in the present but in his weakened state is carried off by Asgardian trolls who then give him remote control over the Destroyer armor. In the end the Maestro and the trolls get buried under some rubble and this is basically the last time we see the Maestro until recently (aside from some stuff like in Exiles which is supposed to take place before the original Future Imperfect).

And now we have the Maestro going after the Destroyer armor guarded by trolls.....
    Maybe.. with all the AU stuff going on in Battleworld, the Maestro is looking for the Maestro (the version last seen in Hulk 461)?
    Last edited by Talkie Toaster; 07-26-2015 at 02:08 PM.