Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Deathstroke 8 Spoilers

Wonder Woman and the Amazons really don't like or trust Deathstroke. Wonder why?

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dshipp17 View Post
    Wonder Woman and the Amazons really don't like or trust Deathstroke. Wonder why?

8.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg
    What are the actual spoilers, then?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I love Hessia's connection to all of this! That armor of hers is downright AWESOME!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I love Hessia's connection to all of this! That armor of hers is downright AWESOME!
    Did Wonder Woman job to Deathstroke? What are the actual spoilers for this issue?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Did Wonder Woman job to Deathstroke? What are the actual spoilers for this issue?

I just skimmed the issue this morning(will read it later) so I don't have all of the details but from what I noticed, I don't think Deathstroke jobbed Diana although he did put up quite a fight.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Well to ease your hunger, I'll tell you that I find it strange that a mortal like Deathstroke is able to draw blood from somebody like Wonder Woman, but maybe it's because of the sword!

Lapetus had been cut into numerous parts and his spirit/will/soul had been imprisonned in the statue but now that the statue is broken, his essence is released and he is finally able to put his body back together and then it's "armageddon" soon!
    Finally she will team up with DeathStroke and Hessia has had a story with him apparently!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by enish View Post
    Well to ease your hunger, I'll tell you that I find it strange that a mortal like Deathstroke is able to draw blood from somebody like Wonder Woman, but maybe it's because of the sword!

Lapetus had been cut into numerous parts and his spirit/will/soul had been imprisonned in the statue but now that the statue is broken, his essence is released and he is finally able to put his body back together and then it's "armageddon" soon!
    Finally she will team up with DeathStroke and Hessia has had a story with him apparently!
    Deathstroke putting up any kind of fight that draws blood with Diana is just......bad writing. Don't care if he has a magic sword. Especially against a person like Diana who seems to carry a sword at all times not to mention being trained in the arts. Evading sword thrusts and jabs should be easy for someone that blocks bullets, even though she apparently does not do this anymore.

BANNED

I liked the issue.

Wonder Woman was more-or-less knocking Deathstroke back and forth across the island at will. The only time blood was drawn, it was the sword's doing independent of Deathstroke's will, and it was a sneak attack.

It's kind of funny seeing what his strategy was reduced too.

Deathstroke: "I can take whatever you -- ngg--dish out. you'll tire yourself out eventually."

A guess star beating the main character like a drum in his own book to the point he can only hope she tires herself out during the beating... is a pretty good showing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lax View Post
    I liked the issue.

Wonder Woman was more-or-less knocking Deathstroke back and forth across the island at will. The only time blood was drawn, it was the sword's doing independent of Deathstroke's will, and it was a sneak attack.

A guess star beating the main character like a drum in his own book to the point he can only hope she tires herself out during the beating... is a pretty good showing.
    Sounds better now than what I was dreading over this encounter within Deathstrokes own book.

Spectacular Member

So why did Tony want this fight to happen as this is a Deathstroke book

BANNED

I liked the issue.

Another question would be, is if they are in a fight, how is Deathstroke not being knocked out from fighting Diana?

Love this Deathstroke Series Tony S. Daniel is killing it with his awesome art and Crossovers. I don't even collect Batman or Wonderman .
    Last edited by AstroWolfboy; 07-22-2015 at 10:43 AM.

I just read it! Came on to create a thread but you guys beat me to the punch. I have MISSED Tony drawing Diana. Wonder Woman fans I think will definitely love this issue because she pretty much hands his arse to him. And he pretty much admits that she's right about everything.

And YESSSSS more Hessia! I love that she has a past with Deathstroke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by anarki View Post
    So why did Tony want this fight to happen as this is a Deathstroke book
    Likely because Wonder Woman isn't his primary antagonist. Deathstroke thought he was on a mission to kill a titan but was tricked into releasing it instead. Wonder Woman beat him down because he essentially released Armageddon upon the world and Themyscira is "ground zero". It's Deathstroke's book but the setting takes place in her backyard. Now that the titan is free they'll probably be working together next issue to defeat him, thus showing off Wondy's combat prowess in this issue illustrates what a powerful ally she will be in taking down their mutual enemy. She's a big name and Tony Daniel is essentially trying to show the audience how she earned her reputation instead of tell.

The god-killing sword will only work in the hands of Deathstroke, which I assume is supposed to be the explanation for why Wonder Woman doesn't just snatch the weapon and kill the titan herself.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Another question would be, is if they are in a fight, how is Deathstroke not being knocked out from fighting Diana?
    Eventually she does knock him out, then uses the Lasso to find out that he didn't understand the consequences of his actions. If you're wondering why the fight lasted as long as it did, well, it is Deathstroke's book.

tlitd

Really, Diana? You headbutt a tree???