Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by tlitd View Post
    Really, Diana? You headbutt a tree???

your first post and you post this image? funny

wonder woman on this issue is the generic warrior woman

Hessia has a connection to Deathstroke? Any hints to what it may be? Antagonistic, romantic or something?
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

That wonder woman was really bad, she acted like a mindless beeing that just wants to fight for the shake of fighting when she could just talk! This isn't really wonder woman, not even red sonja would act in such a stupid way!
    Last edited by kochtgr; 07-23-2015 at 01:00 AM.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Hessia has a connection to Deathstroke? Any hints to what it may be? Antagonistic, romantic or something?

Hessia says that she and Slade were close for a time.

I have to wonder if this arc was set to appear in Superman/Wonder Woman until Soule decided to leave as Hessia is a main player in the story, Doom's Doorway and the Invisible Sky Chariot(all of which Soule & Daniel introduced into the New 52) are used plus Superman is set to appear in the next chapter.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I may have to pick this up then. It wasn't on my radar despite Wonder Woman's appearance but if Daniel is using stuff from his and Soule's SM/WW run that automatically makes me interested.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

It was decent. Daniels having a co-writer apparently helps his scripting.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    Deathstroke putting up any kind of fight that draws blood with Diana is just......bad writing. Don't care if he has a magic sword. Especially against a person like Diana who seems to carry a sword at all times not to mention being trained in the arts. Evading sword thrusts and jabs should be easy for someone that blocks bullets, even though she apparently does not do this anymore.
    To be clear Deathstroke did not draw blood from Diana. He got pounded from one end of the Island to the other. The Hephaestus forged Godkiller Sword attacked her of it's own accord and THAT drew some blood (which even DS admitted wasn't his doing).

Ultimate Member

Deathstroke is a super-soldier (or at least he was pre New-52, IDK if that's the case here though). It's basically like WW fighting an evil, more ruthless version of Captain America. He cannot BEAT her, but I can buy him not immediately being taken/knocked out.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Deathstroke is a super-soldier (or at least he was pre New-52, IDK if that's the case here though). It's basically like WW fighting an evil, more ruthless version of Captain America. He cannot BEAT her, but I can buy him not immediately being taken/knocked out.

Especially when he has a super-weapon crafted by Hephaestus.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Super soldier vs. God Of War. I can except the possibility that it will be as one-sided as you think it cannot.

Ultimate Member

Except it WAS one-sided. She was whupping his ass all over the place. But some people were complaining that he wasn't immediately knocked out/stomped. There's a distinction there.

BANNED

Except it WAS one-sided. She was whupping his ass all over the place. But some people were complaining that he wasn't immediately knocked out/stomped. There's a distinction there.
    From what I know of Deathstroke, he gives Batman a run for his money and has beaten him multiple times. The reverse holds true.

In no circumstance should Batman, or even a slightly stronger version like Deathstroke, be even more than an afterthought to someone like Wonder Woman, or a hero like Superman for that matter. Superspeed + strength + martial ability should be able to make mincemeat of a Captain America level type of hero.

Quote Originally Posted by wagthedog View Post
    From what I know of Deathstroke, he gives Batman a run for his money and has beaten him multiple times. The reverse holds true.

In no circumstance should Batman, or even a slightly stronger version like Deathstroke, be even more than an afterthought to someone like Wonder Woman, or a hero like Superman for that matter. Superspeed + strength + martial ability should be able to make mincemeat of a Captain America level type of hero.
    That's pretty much what happened ... the only reason he wasn't one-shotted was the Godkiller Sword. His inner monologue even said "haven't been hit that hard in a long time" ... and she was clearly holding back from full power strikes as she was trying to get information out of him at the same time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    That's pretty much what happened ... the only reason he wasn't one-shotted was the Godkiller Sword. His inner monologue even said "haven't been hit that hard in a long time" ... and she was clearly holding back from full power strikes as she was trying to get information out of him at the same time.
    Yes--and she tells him to fight back so she can finish him off, which implies to me that she would have considered it dishonorable to land a knockout blow while he wasn't even putting up a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvanus View Post
    Yes--and she tells him to fight back so she can finish him off, which implies to me that she would have considered it dishonorable to land a knockout blow while he wasn't even putting up a fight.
    exactly ... and isn't Deathstroke supposedly like 10x a normal human in strength/agility/speed/brain processing speed/senses etc? I know he's landed hits on Kid Flash and traded punches with Pre-52 Donna