View Poll Results: Who is your best Star Trek main character Security Chief?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Prime Pavel Chekov (Star Trek: The Original Series)

2 5.41%
  • Natasha Yar (Star Trek: The Next Generation S1)

1 2.70%
  • Worf, son of Mogh (Star Trek: The Next Generation S2-7)

18 48.65%
  • Odo (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine)

13 35.14%
  • Tuvok (Star Trek: Voyager)

2 5.41%
  • Malcolm Reed (Star Trek: Enterprise)

1 2.70%

Default Who is your best Star Trek main character Security Chief?

Captains:
    http://community.comicbookresources....racter-Captain

Doctors
    http://community.comicbookresources....aracter-Doctor

Chief Engineers
    http://community.comicbookresources....Chief-Enginner
    ---------------------------------------------

*Couldn't find a pic with Reed in it

Our polls continue with Security Chiefs. Well...let's be honest, as we've seen through Star Trek, most of the standard security teams suck, with Red Shirts, Gold Shirts, and MACOs galore that exist solely to die or have their asses kicked to ensure our main characters look good. Fortunately, our main characters consist of the heads of those security chiefs.

In this poll, give a vote on who is your personal favorite: Prime Chekov, Yar, Worf, Odo, Tuvok, and Reed.

Fantastic Member

I don't think not-Odo is an option here.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xalfrea View Post
    Captains:
    http://community.comicbookresources....racter-Captain

Doctors
    http://community.comicbookresources....aracter-Doctor

Chief Engineers
    http://community.comicbookresources....Chief-Enginner
    ---------------------------------------------

*Couldn't find a pic with Reed in it

Our polls continue with Security Chiefs. Well...let's be honest, as we've seen through Star Trek, most of the standard security teams suck, with Red Shirts, Gold Shirts, and MACOs galore that exist solely to die or have their asses kicked to ensure our main characters look good. Fortunately, our main characters consist of the heads of those security chiefs.

In this poll, give a vote on who is your personal favorite: Prime Chekov, Yar, Worf, Odo, Tuvok, and Reed.
    I think Sulu was the original security head.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    I think Sulu was the original security head.
    They never really said that, nor I think they even made that role per se in TOS, so I'm not even sure Chekov -- or at least TOS Chekov -- belongs there. It was only when the movies started, I believe, with a dedicated tactical station.

(besides, Sulu has a yellow shirt)

Anyway, slightly offtopic, but I'm not gonna lie -- I've tried to imagine Kira and Odo's sex life.

I'm voting for Worf because his own crew gives him no love, but I liked it whenever Worf and Odo had scenes together. Two hardasses who work or used to work security. I wish they had more scenes together.
    Last edited by Cyke; 07-23-2015 at 09:55 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    They never really said that, nor I think they even made that role per se in TOS, so I'm not even sure Chekov -- or at least TOS Chekov -- belongs there. It was only when the movies started, I believe, with a dedicated tactical station.

(besides, Sulu has a yellow shirt)

Anyway, slightly offtopic, but I'm not gonna lie -- I've tried to imagine Kira and Odo's sex life.

I'm voting for Worf because his own crew gives him no love, but I liked it whenever Worf and Odo had scenes together. Two hardasses who work or used to work security. I wish they had more scenes together.
    He was shown as security chief in Mirror, Mirror and as noted in the picture, Chekov has a yellow shirt as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Allan View Post
    He was shown as security chief in Mirror, Mirror and as noted in the picture, Chekov has a yellow shirt as well.
    I'm confusing security chief with tactical, apparently. The latter wasn't defined in TOS (anyone in the front two seats could fire).

Checkov also does security stuff in TMP, such as checking out Spock's shuttle and stuff, and some of the non-canon stuff says he was security chief.

Beyond The Motion Picture things get a bit more hazy. You've got him of course as Reliant first officer in TWOK (Before returning to Enterprise and helping Kirk take out Khan at the same station in TMP, since Saavik has his old seat anyway). Then in The Search For Spock, he's all over the place pretty much due at first to Spock being gone and the Enterprise only having the few officers (Without Uhura) when Kirk takes the ship to Genesis. The remaning TOS films have him pretty much back at his old seat, and then there's Generations, which has him referred to at one point as "Captain" by one of the reporters!

It's funny a bit because I think in some TOS episodes Chekov's sort of more of Spock's protege in the science stuff, but we don't see a lot of that in the movies. Although Chekov does seem to get hurt a lot in them-The V'ger bolt in TMP, the Ceti Eels in TWOK, the bad fall in TVH...kind of like O'Brien in Deep Space Nine, who had to go through a lot of bad stuff over the course of that series.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-25-2015 at 07:18 AM.

BANNED

I suspect the original crew had a series of Security Chiefs at some point before the first episode, but they died so often that Kirk just gave up on replacing them.

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Worf FTW! Nanoo Nanoo! ;-)
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Checkov also does security stuff in TMP, such as checking out Spock's shuttle and stuff, and some of the non-canon stuff says he was security chief.
    IIR, that's one of multiple bits adapted for TMP from the ST:Phase II TV show that was (often half-heartedly) under continual development for years. The concept had them promoting Checkov out of the navigator's chair and making him security/weapons officer as a way of keeping his face on the bridge. Will Decker and Ilia were also characters adapted from the TV development to the movie.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Close one between Worf and Odo for me but I plumped for Worf as I grew up with him on TNG and then DS9.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Worf.

Even though Odo had the more compelling character arc throughout his respective series...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES