3 8.33%
  • DC like Soft-Reboot

2 5.56%
  • Marvel's super Soft-Reboot

8 22.22%
  • Change nothing

16 44.44%

Default Which way should Marvel take?

You all know what Marvel did and we know at least roughly how Marvel plans to do things from here after SW.
    I must say that the Marvel Universe was very tainted even before "Time runs out" started and because of this a lot of people asked themselves weather Marvel will take the chance to reboot or not.

In the end Marvel seems to do what I call a super-soft reboot means what happened will simple forgotten by the most characters and some other characters will be replaced by versions from other times like Logan, Hulk(I'm not sure but isn't this the gray one from Ultimate End?!), Iron-Man ,maybe also by a version which is a few months younger(but nearly tainted on the same level) and earlier the same with the O5.

The problem with this I have is it still looks like that Marvel's heroes became monsters because a lot of authors tried to push the limits how far he can go with the moral of the heroes.
    Problem 2th it is a mess because instead of changing the past the past will be transported to the present (or sometimes form the future). When I look at this I must laugh how broken that looks. It like every inch of causality is gone in this universe.

In the end it looks too cheap for a real solution for this situation

Because I know some have the same opinion but is it the majority or the minority? So I will make a poll I think we had some about will marvel make a reboot? But it is a very different question what you expect to happen and what you want to happen.

I should make some options.

1.) Hard-Reboot everyone will start at zero again.
    2.) Soft-Reboot with haircut ,all title will start at a specific point in the past again ( can be something between the Genosha massacre and when NA started)
    3.) DC like Soft-Reboot we picking titles which are rebooted
    4.) Marvel's super Soft-reboot memory lose and some mini reset of characters + character exchange
    5.) Keep it like it is with full consequences an we have a day like no tomorrow (Something like DC injustice-verse)
    Last edited by TakoM; 07-22-2015 at 06:28 AM.

I say go for the hard reboot. It's better than ruining the MU and characters with poorly thought out changes, forced synergy and inconsistent/bad characterization. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I stand by it.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

It's not a reboot.

Why do we need a hard reboot?

Yes, the characters were tainted being put into awkward situations with AXIS, Incursions, Illuminati and Civil War. But are they not just expanding on the characters anyway? I have been shocked by the tainting of much beloved heroes, but what if we completely removed all the experience of the last 10 years? Would that diminish the dimension of each character, by not allowing them to make mistakes? Aren't Marvel characters supposed to make mistakes? I thought so. I didn't like how they made mistakes, but should we vanilla candy-coat our heroes into ubiquitous robots? I like my Rhodey riding roughshod policeman over the world using Stark mega tech in satellites. And Stark mindwiped was asked would he do it all over again, he said he would.

I think it is this unpredictability of Marvel heroes that should be retained. They are awkward, and heroes don't get along with each other, but the important part is, these heroes show up when the going gets tough. We saw an example of that when the Hoods gang came to the battle of Central Park in the Secret Invasion and fought alongside the heroes. That was one of the most courageous acts the villains, even, could display.

I'm not sure some relationships between heroes can be repaired, and maybe there should come a time where they are estranged, like we anticipate between Old Man Rogers and Captain Falcon in NuMarvel. If Marvel don't do a hard reboot, and just let the memories of characters stay intact, will that be a bad thing? Let's say Marvel just remove the threat of Incursions and Space-Time being broken, then with stability in the MU there won't be distractions like Secret Wars to disturb how people will view each other. They can confront each other over issues between them. Like Luke Cage did with Blue Marvel in Mighty Avengers. That is the sort of thing that could happen in a lot of encounters.

Edit : That has been a complete reversal of my point of view which I held for a long time now. I wanted a reboot for reasons of Marvel Time out dating the heroes ages, and, tainting of heroes. But Secret Wars has made me come to the point where I do want to leave them alone.
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-23-2015 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    It's not a reboot.
    You can call it whatever you want but what Marvel tries to do is a paradox a reboot without doing a reboot, so they choose a sneak route to avoid the term 'reboot' because this would scare the readers. Something like a reality-warp with mini-reset or something like this but who know what would I mean with that.

Alternatively, we could wait until we see what actually happens after Secret Wars ends instead of trying to come up with vague, convoluted labels based on partial information and a lot of supposition.

Just a thought.

As far as what should be done. I don't think they need to do anything. As jackolover said, Marvel heroes make mistakes. That's what makes them interesting.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I say go for the hard reboot. It's better than ruining the MU and characters with poorly thought out changes, forced synergy and inconsistent/bad characterization. It may be an unpopular opinion, but I stand by it.
    Either way it's ruining characters with poorly thought out changes.

And a hard reboot does more damage. It's like amputating a foot for a simple ingrown toenail.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-22-2015 at 08:26 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    I don't think Marvel itself has much say in this.

BANNED

Keep doing what they've been doing for 50 years. Tweak/retcon/ignore/etc. as the story calls for it. DC could have done the same pre-Crisis, just take what you like and forget the rest.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    You can call it whatever you want but what Marvel tries to do is a paradox a reboot without doing a reboot, so they choose a sneak route to avoid the term 'reboot' because this would scare the readers. Something like a reality-warp with mini-reset or something like this but who know what would I mean with that.
    It's still not a reboot.

Age of Apocalypse wasn't a reboot. This isn't a reboot.

DC's really wasn't a "soft reboot" . . . they eventually had to admit it was a more reboot with a soft-sell.

BANNED

Change nothing. Stop with the reality warping crap and just move forward, and give time travel a freaking break.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Keep doing what they've been doing for 50 years. Tweak/retcon/ignore/etc. as the story calls for it. DC could have done the same pre-Crisis, just take what you like and forget the rest.
    Exactly. That seems to be pretty much what they're doing anyway. It's the right approach to take.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Either way it's ruining characters with poorly thought out changes.

And a hard reboot does more damage. It's like amputating a foot for a simple ingrown toenail.
    I'm also not a fan of a hard reboot also because you don't know which way the authors will take after a hard reboot. Considering that we need first kiss the wall before a real change in course will be taken and I find it surprising how many people would rather go on with this weird monster hero universe than excepting any change for the better.