Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Lobster Johnson: Get the Lobster

If you haven't read them yet, here are the past issues:
    Issue 4 comes out June 4 and issue 5 comes out July 2.

I missed Lobster Johnson this month.

It's little bit different story, but I'm still waiting for the new issue of Where is Jake Ellis(Mr. Zonjic's Another book from Image Comics) over 14 months.
    Last edited by didism; 05-20-2014 at 01:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by didism View Post
    It's little bit different story, but I'm still waiting for the new issue of Where is Jake Ellis(Mr. Zonjic's Another book from Image Comics) over 14 months.
    Me too. It's still on it's way though.

I will patiently for ANYTHING Tonci draws… If it was a My Little Pony comic, I would be first in line.

Quote Originally Posted by Storey View Post
    I will patiently for ANYTHING Tonci draws… If it was a My Little Pony comic, I would be first in line.
    Yep. Worth the wait every time.

Fantastic Member Bslythegamerguy's Avatar

I bought the first two issue and really enjoy the pulp feel, I just wish it didn't really have much to do with Hellboy since I don't like Hellboy and I'm scared that future issues will have appearences by Hellboy and thus ruin the story for me. Should I get some of the older Lobster Johnson books? Are they similar to "Get the Lobster"?

All-New Member

They are very similar to "Get the Lobster" and although they are in the same universe as Hellboy and B.P.R.D. they don't have any connections to them because the Lobster Johnson series is happening during the 40's. So it's impossible for Hellboy to appear.
    Just curious, why don't you like Hellboy ? I mean he also has that pulp feel, well kind of.

Fantastic Member

yeah, the phrase "I don't like Hellboy" is close to being incomprehensible to me.

But as noted above, Lobster Johnson appears in Hellboy as a ghost, but Hellboy does not appear in LJ.

Than that settles it, I will be hunting down the entire LJ backlog.

I re-read Get the Lobster #1 and once again felt that great pulp feel that LJ gives the reader abd really enjoyed the story and the art quite a bit. I plan on going back and getting older Lobster Johnson issues and I'm hoping that we get to see more of the character when this mini is finished up. This is pulp, through and through.

Fantastic Member

Why not just get the 3 tpb's?

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bslythegamerguy View Post
    I bought the first two issue and really enjoy the pulp feel, I just wish it didn't really have much to do with Hellboy since I don't like Hellboy and I'm scared that future issues will have appearences by Hellboy and thus ruin the story for me. Should I get some of the older Lobster Johnson books? Are they similar to "Get the Lobster"?
    They have very little to do with Hellboy and so far have only occasionally provided a sort of prelude to some developments seen in BPRD.

Default Out tomorrow...