Spectacular Member

Default How do you imagine the Batfamily books after Batman Eternal? What do you hope?

I wanna hear what you guys expect or hope will happen at the end of the Batman Eternal run. What characters will be introduced? And please, if you have any fan theory or such on Batman Eternal, also post!

Spectacular Member

Personally I would like to see;

Batwoman and the Outsiders which features a team composed by Batwoman, consisting of Etrigan the Demon, Katana, Black Lightning, Halo, Red Arrow, Simon Baz, Bluebird, Nightrunner, the Spectre and Batwing. One of the main antagonists is Maxie Zeus, who has imported mythical monsters from Thermysica

Nightwing by Jeff Lemire features Calvin Rose, former Talon, taking up the mantle of Nightwing. \

and some mad theories of mine are;

The Black Maze is the maze from Court of Owls'

The Gordon's Trial becomes a family affair will probably have James Gordon Jr showing up

and this one is pretty wild, but I think the Joker's Daughter may find the first incarnation of the Jokerz.

Seems like a heard a rumor about a new Batman weekly, starting a couple months after Eternal ends. Did I just dream that, or can anyone else confirm? If it's the case, I doubt there will be a bunch of new titles right away. If sales (and quality) continue to hold up, the weekly concept seems to be working for them here.
    Jim Zimmerman
    co-moderator, CBR Batman Forum

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

I foresee Batman battling the Joker again in Snyder/Capullo's Batman.

Birds of prey will be relaunched composed of a team of more popular heroes (Babs, Canary, Batwoman, Catwoman, etc.).

Nightwing will return.

A small team of the left over bat family members (Tim, Luke, Harper and Steph, maybe even Dick).

Of course if Eternal is renewed for a second season, yhen we can pretty much only count on Nightwing.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
    Seems like a heard a rumor about a new Batman weekly, starting a couple months after Eternal ends. Did I just dream that, or can anyone else confirm? If it's the case, I doubt there will be a bunch of new titles right away. If sales (and quality) continue to hold up, the weekly concept seems to be working for them here.
    I believe Eternal will be taking a break in April 2015 for DC's big even, or whatever it is going to be, but I also remember them saying they plan for it to continue beyond that. Forget where I read it but I am pretty sure that is going to be the case. Might take the opportunity to relaunch it with a new #1 and call it something else.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GLFan5994 View Post
    I foresee Batman battling the Joker again in Snyder/Capullo's Batman.

Birds of prey will be relaunched composed of a team of more popular heroes (Babs, Canary, Batwoman, Catwoman, etc.).

Nightwing will return.

A small team of the left over bat family members (Tim, Luke, Harper and Steph, maybe even Dick).

Of course if Eternal is renewed for a second season, yhen we can pretty much only count on Nightwing.
    My dream Birds of Prey team consists of Black Canary, Zatanna and Batwoman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I believe Eternal will be taking a break in April 2015 for DC's big even, or whatever it is going to be, but I also remember them saying they plan for it to continue beyond that. Forget where I read it but I am pretty sure that is going to be the case. Might take the opportunity to relaunch it with a new #1 and call it something else.
    If Eternal continues to sell well, we'll have a follow up series of some sort, kind of like a season 2 to Eternal's season 1.

At least, that's what the economist in me believes. It seems the easiest way to guarantee long term reader support.

First point of order should be a new team on Catwoman. We already know the concept it just needs a Grayson-class team to do it justice.

I'm liking forward to a return to the Year 200 timeline in Batman and maybe finally, hopefully, a Pak / Lee arc that can standalone alone and is not tied up in Earth Two stuff.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DjessNL View Post

The Black Maze is the maze from Court of Owls'

The Gordon's Trial becomes a family affair will probably have James Gordon Jr showing up
    These both seem like they'd be good ideas, and ones I'd quite like to see play out. I'd be very surprised if we don't see any Owl Involvement (seeded at the end of Zero Year?)

I can't imagine Eternal ending without it setting up a new home for Spoiler, and Synder has talked about having plans for Harper Row/Bluebird. If it were me, I'd do a Generational thing and set them up under Batgirl and Black Canary in a revamped Birds of Prey title. And I can imagine DC putting Talon on the same time, on the "not a woman, but themed like a bird" logic of Condor and Hawk.

All three characters have stuff to offer, and I'm not convinced they can each hold a solo. Although putting in a team with Red Robin would be a good way of building off relationships.