Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I liked the Mad Hatter in the eighties, but recently, he's been reinvented as freaky weird.
    Which Mad Hatter? Jervis or the imposter?

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Whichever one is the pedophile probably. Eck, that's a development I'd rather not know of.

I agree with you about Hush. He's a stalker and they can be very scary dangerous.

I like Film Freak's theme. Imagine a foe who patterned his/mer modus operandi after Saw. Jigsaw would have been a great batvillain.

Deacon Blackfire is Bat's only Native American villain. I'd think he'd fit well in Gotham after Midnight. My biggest complaint is that he is Batman's only Native American villain.
    If Hush was somebody who loved Bruce and envy his fabulous life the matter would be something else. However his hatred is based on a ridiculous form of hatred which has very little to do with typical stalkers. Stalkers are mostly men who is stalking people (often women) because they are fascinated with them and want to be with them. [spoiler]it is not about people who want to be an orphaned.

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    See that's where the mistake is. Hush doesn't hate Batman, he hates Bruce Wayne. To him Bruce is living the life he should be so he's doing what he can to destroy Bruce Wayne. He uses Gotham, it's famous villains, and heroes to put him in the position to attack Bruce. It's one of the reasons I feel that Dini's interpretation of the character as someone that is trying to become Bruce worked far better than the original, but the character isn't the flaw there, it's the story.

Film Freak is pretty bad. I never liked Deacon Blackfire, but it could be because I'm opposed to ghosts and demons in a Batman story.
    You are missing the point. I was trying to make it as wake as possible to avoid spoilers. I'm well aware Hush hatred is aimed at Bruce. Hush reason for hating Bruce [spoiler]Hush hatred his parents so he is envy ay Bruce for losing his. Which makes no sense since Bruce Parents was caring while Hush wasn't. It is a so ridiculous form of hatred I can't imagined and thus breaking the suspension of disbelief [/spoiler]

Not a particular problem with any one character but I hate when writers attach a character to a stupid gimmick like Two-Face only committing crimes that have some relation to the number 2.... I think we can do away with hang-ups like that which don't even make any sense.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

what did they do with the ten eyed man?
    Morrison turned the Ten Eyed Man into the Ten Eyed Men of the Empty Quarter, a nomadic Middle Eastern demon hunting tribe who wore blindfolds and had eyes tattooed on their fingertips. There was also an exiled member of the tribe missing a finger known as the Nine Eyed Man.

I guess the imposter; jervis has always been freaky weird.

He is...except in that cartoon. Strangely, it works.

What are you thinking about Calendar Girl?
    She's one of the few original Bat villains in the cartoon I liked- I just don't know if anyone else liked her.

Astonishing Member

She's one of the few original Bat villains in the cartoon I liked- I just don't know if anyone else liked her.
    I liked her too.

As for killer moth he is just too ridiculous and although he seems decent from the pic from zero year green arrow you should see his speech in the battle. Also any batman ally can take him down with ease he does not even put up a strong fight.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    As for firefly although his first appearance is ridiculous,most are (that's why I used two killer moth photos,from his first appearance,and the red robin series. I liked his appearance in The batman show and the arkham games to a lesser extent.

The first Electrocutioner was lame because he was such an obvious fill-in villain for a fill-in story:

We never even learned his real identity, if memory serves. The cover is pretty cool though.

Court of Owls
    The talking dinosaurs in that Jason Todd prisonbreak arc
    Who ever was the killer in The Long Halloween

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
    The talking dinosaurs in that Jason Todd prisonbreak arc
    Yes!
    I know they're probably silver age nostalgia gems for a certain audience but to me.... ugh, no thanks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtzberg View Post
    Morrison turned the Ten Eyed Man into the Ten Eyed Men of the Empty Quarter, a nomadic Middle Eastern demon hunting tribe who wore blindfolds and had eyes tattooed on their fingertips. There was also an exiled member of the tribe missing a finger known as the Nine Eyed Man.
    I thought that was brilliant.

Incredible Member

To all who knocks on Killer Moth, how many of you guys actually buy / read Batman's Pre-Crisis adventures?

Spectacular Member

The Mad Hatter, i'm sorry but i've seen Alice in Wonderland.