Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Jurassic World" Passes "Avengers" for #3 in All-Time Global Box Office

Dinosaurs continue to dominate the box office, as "Jurassic World" now has a worldwide total of $1.522 -- good for #3 on the all-time list.

Full article here.

I don't think Jurassic World was anywhere near as good as Avengers, Titanic, or Avatar. I don't think it's fair to put it in the same league in terms of quality. Then again, the market doesn't always reflect quality. It just reflects the success of a movie with an audience at a point in time. And right now, this movie has resonated with audiences more than I think anyone thought it would.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't think Jurassic World was anywhere near as good as Avengers, Titanic, or Avatar. I don't think it's fair to put it in the same league in terms of quality. Then again, the market doesn't always reflect quality. It just reflects the success of a movie with an audience at a point in time. And right now, this movie has resonated with audiences more than I think anyone thought it would.
    yeah this is insane. No one saw this coming.

Although, I wouldn't Titanic nor Avatar are better pure movies. I honestly can't believe Titanic is #2... movie makes me want ot leap from a tall building and end it all.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Watch as Marvel Annouces a Devil Dinosaur movie to apart of phase 3
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Mad Max Should of won Box Office . Fast and Furious Second place.

Titanic still being number 2 kind of bothers me not sure why. Surprised Avatar 2 hasn't come out yet after that amazing box office.
    Last edited by Jabare; 07-22-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Titan still being number 2 kind of bothers me not sure why. Surprised Avatar 2 hasn't come out yet after that amazing box office.
    Avatar 2, 3, and I believe 4 are in development right now

Was Titanic #2 before the re-release? Can't remember (I really don't get the appeal of that movie lol)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Avatar 2, 3, and I believe 4 are in development right now

Was Titanic #2 before the re-release? Can't remember (I really don't get the appeal of that movie lol)
    no clue , I don't get the appeal either.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Titanic still being number 2 kind of bothers me not sure why. Surprised Avatar 2 hasn't come out yet after that amazing box office.
    James Cameron takes his time. I honestly lost interest for the sequel two years ago.
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Why are people going so gaga over this? I could see why in the other 2 films that are still ahead made that much money, and Avengers too, but why is this fourth JP film gaining so much?

This is specially strange to me because here in Brazil the movie is only a minor hit- I mean, made money, but nothing in the Ultron or F7 level, let alone Titanic or Avatar.

Fantastic Member

I truly believe that Jurassic World is dominating not because of transcendant quality, but because of a perfect storm of factors in its favor. It's a good, decent popcorn movie but doesn't innovate or do anything ambitious or unique.

What helps it is that it demands nothing from the viewer. It's technically a sequel, but there's no necessary backstory or mythology behind it. Its premise is simply "amusement park full of dinosaurs" starring hot new actor Chris Pratt. Nobody needs to remember the first Jurassic Park (although the name helps in marketing) or recall any of its characters. Older people and very young kids can flock to this movie without being confused or scared off by an expansive mythology that they weren't a part of.

At this point, the Marvel shared universe keeps hooking fans in, but it also probably drives off quite a few casual moviegoers as well. Not so with Jurassic World.

It's frickin' dinosaurs. Eating people.

How can you not like that!?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    Watch as Marvel Annouces a Devil Dinosaur movie to apart of phase 3
    I'd be down for a Savage Land movie.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

And in a few years, we'll have a new #3 box office. These things change all the time.