Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "Wynonna Earp" TV Series Lands at Syfy

Syfy has landed the rights to a TV series based on the "Wynonna Earp" comic book, most recently published by IDW.

Full article here.

I actually got this series filed away in a box somewhere. I think the initial series from Image/Wildstorm flew under many people's radars because it came out towards the end of the "bad girl" craze of the '90s and did kind of jump on that bandwagon with the way Wynonna was presented.
    we1997.jpg
    I think the relaunched version at IDW was more toned down (at least in the way Wynonna was depicted), but I missed the boat on that one.
    we2005.jpg
    Last edited by Cel; 07-22-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    "Ignore them. They're nothing but a bunch of basement dwellers who spend all day whining on the 'net. Not a single open-minded one in the bunch."
    --Andre Briggs, Justice League International #1

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

This idea has me interested. I liked the character back in the day and hopefully they bring on Beau Smith as a consoltant because he is a pretty cool dude and would make sure the character is done right.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

Hope they bring the werewolf bounty hunters Douglas and Kenny into the show.

Looking forward to this.

This should be fun.

So did Lost Girl get cancelled or something?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cel View Post
    I actually got this series filed away in a box somewhere. I think the initial series from Image/Wildstorm flew under many people's radars because it came out towards the end of the "bad girl" craze of the '90s and did kind of jump on that bandwagon with the way Wynonna was presented.
    we1997.jpg
    I think the relaunched version at IDW was more toned down (at least in the way Wynonna was depicted), but I missed the boat on that one.
    we2005.jpg
    Personally I like the first look better but I expect that we'll get the second version...

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This looked like the best thread to resurrect of the ones I saw about the show.
    In that research I saw a thread title that said "Showrunner describes WE as Justified meets Buffy". As well he should cause I called it a Western Buffy when describing it to a few friends recently.

I've just finished S1 and found the show to be fun if fairly predictable.
    I had strong suspicions on Willa's treachery almost from the start. When BoBo helped her and she him that cemented it for me.
    Curious is this Mechanic will be a returning semi-regular. He told someone, when they cursed "Jesus Christ", wrong name, right initials. I'm very curious who he may be then with those initials, JC.
    Waverly is possessed? That cliffhanger....oh, boy!

Looking through the former titles I also got confirmation as to what I suspected about Agent Dolls. I mean, I have my Buffy background to match up the shows characters with after all.

I know there are 4 current seasons and I found a news article datelined from February 2022 that implies a S5 is still being discussed? Is that still the case?

For show that won a Peoples Choice award and articles talking about its big fan base the lack of a long running thread for this show seems unfortunate commentary.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

It's a great series and you're in for a treat! I wish there was more discussion about it here but then I find there are a lot of fairly popular shows out that don't always get discussed in this forum (or a couple others I visit.) I'm hoping they do a Season 5 but, if not, I'll let you know it does at least end on a good conclusion to things.

Ultimate Member

I enjoyed the show overall, but frankly that was more because of the actors than the story itself.

The writers never seemed to know where they wanted to go, what they were doing or why.

But the actors were f**king awesome in their roles.

Spectacular Member

If you get a chance to read the comics that dynamite put out during the season. they really flesh out the story ALOT

I watched the S2 premiere at lunch, Steel Bars and Stone Walls, and during the credits scroll saw: Rachel Skarsten

Since Batwoman is cancelled and she was, especially in S1, the only great reason to watch I was pleased to see her name.
    During the episode I thought: she is going to more fully round out Dolls backstory and provide extra exposition.
    Then in the last 6minutes that rug was pulled out from under me.
    Alas, Eliza we hardly knew you.

If you like this then I'd also recommend the Van Helsing series, Captain Craig. I recently binged that one and liked it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    If you like this then I'd also recommend the Van Helsing series, Captain Craig. I recently binged that one and liked it a lot.
    I added that to my Netflix 'My List' queue as well.