Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Extraordinary X-men. First issue comes on october 2015.

If you are a fan of X-men TAS, you should get X-men '92 series.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyLutece View Post
    Also, Amazon tends to have some of the best deals on paperbacks.
    I tend to get better deals on Talesof Wonder, particularly if you want to preorder.

Spideyparker75

Im new to the comics too so I know how you feel. I started with the Secret Wars event which may not be the best place to start but as I had no preconceptions going in Im actually really enjoying it. I liked the Black Panther character so Im going to pick up the Ultimates comic when it starts and Im a spiderman fan anyway so I picked up Renew Your Vows and will pick up the Amazing Spiderman later this year too.

The All New All Different Avengers looked cool too so Ill be starting with that as well. So I should have about three titles ongoing plus Im a massive Star Wars fan so Im reading Darth Vader and the main Star Wars titles too.

I really dont feel I need anything else.

As a recent-ish comic reader

best thing to do is pick your favorite character, pick an issue, and just jump in and see if you like it.

If it peaks yoru interest, you keep going forward or backwards. THe more interested you get, and the more sucked in you get, the more you can go back and read back issues if you want. Or just go on wiki....

M
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Penacity View Post
    I just recently started up after about 20 years since reading. I've always been primarily interested in X-men so I went on ebay and purchased every back issue of the latest uncanny x-men run. It wasn't that expensive. That caught me up on whats currently going on and gave me some thoughts on other series/back issues that were connected in some way to this series.

Like someone else suggested I then got a Marvel unlimited subscription for a penny (might cancel when the month is up). So I read up on most of the more recent inhuman series since they will be connected in the new series in October. And I'm currently reading back issues on x-force, new mutants etc. I sort've went back about 10 years and moved forward from there and I may gradually work my way back to where I left off 20 years ago.
    Do it. Why not try to go all the way back to the beginning of them? All the X-books besides Uncanny didn't begin until the 80's or 90's, and a full run isn't
    that expensive. Uncanny is a different story, though, but it's a long term project anyway. I was away for 25 years and have had a great time catching up
    and rebuilding my collection since I started reading again in 2010. I say you should go for it.

All-New Member

THANKS you guys, this was exactly what I needed! It was starting to annoy me as to where I should begin but all of you guys made it so easy for a noob like me! Thanks a million and hopefully new people like me comes across this thread so that it can help them as well! For now I'm probably just going to pick a few of my favorite characters and start from there until the new #1 comics you guys are talking about come out in October or so. Where do you think I could keep up with the latest news on these new issues about to be released? Because I would like to know exactly when they start being released so that I can jump right in from the get go. Would marvel unlimited keep me up to date on this as well? Thanks

All-New Member

Thanks, where can I stay updated on those new titles coming out in October?

Quote Originally Posted by cjsm12 View Post
    Thanks, where can I stay updated on those new titles coming out in October?
    As Marvel gets around to releasing more information on them, I'm sure CBR will have articles about them. Keep checking the main News page for the site. Also, I'm sure there will be posts in the forums here linking to those stories. Have fun!
    A house is not a home without books or cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Thomas View Post
    Do it. Why not try to go all the way back to the beginning of them? All the X-books besides Uncanny didn't begin until the 80's or 90's, and a full run isn't
    that expensive. Uncanny is a different story, though, but it's a long term project anyway. I was away for 25 years and have had a great time catching up
    and rebuilding my collection since I started reading again in 2010. I say you should go for it.
    Thanks Pat, I will certainly try. I actually have to go into my moms basement to see exactly where I left off.

Quote Originally Posted by cjsm12 View Post
    THANKS you guys, this was exactly what I needed! It was starting to annoy me as to where I should begin but all of you guys made it so easy for a noob like me! Thanks a million and hopefully new people like me comes across this thread so that it can help them as well! For now I'm probably just going to pick a few of my favorite characters and start from there until the new #1 comics you guys are talking about come out in October or so. Where do you think I could keep up with the latest news on these new issues about to be released? Because I would like to know exactly when they start being released so that I can jump right in from the get go. Would marvel unlimited keep me up to date on this as well? Thanks
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Unlimited has relatively new issues of anything. I'm not sure exactly what the time frame is before they add it. I'm stuck in a couple of series because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Penacity View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't seem like Unlimited has relatively new issues of anything. I'm not sure exactly what the time frame is before they add it. I'm stuck in a couple of series because of that.
    I think it's around the 6 month mark

Quote Originally Posted by TheCatBastet View Post
    As Marvel gets around to releasing more information on them, I'm sure CBR will have articles about them. Keep checking the main News page for the site. Also, I'm sure there will be posts in the forums here linking to those stories. Have fun!
    Exactly! For news on what's upcoming there is no better website then this one right here

Niffleheim

Here is Marvel's solicitations for the month of October http://www.newsarama.com/25221-marve...citations.html

Here is another one http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/07/1...r-october-2015
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

If there is something coming out that I know I will be interested in, I try to avoid topics/articles/discussions about the book until I get a chance to read it myself, it's so easy to get caught up int he over hype or bashing of a comic book before you get a chance to read it. I like going in with an open mind when reading something new and not being weighted down with the popular opinion about it.

There's no 'proper' place to begin.

Pick a character that interests you and just hop on. Seriously. That's how everyone starts: a random issue, read at a friend's or something...and there you go.

You'll find things that pique your interest as you go along. Backstories you'll want to read, or other charcters you'll want to start following. Worry about those things when you come across them.
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.