Default New Avengers #16 & #17 (JSA/JLA Amalgamation)

If you're a fan of the JSA and partial to Marvel Comics then a "clone" team of the JSA/JLA appear in New Avengers 16 and 17 called The Great Society. It's actually quite a fun read!

Doctor Fate appears as the "Norn" who looks like an amalgamation of Doctor Strangefate with a certain speedster looking like the new Jay Garrick but female.

What's really sad is that this is probably the best interpretation of "Doctor Fate" I've seen in years ... sorry Khalid! I can't wait to check out issue #17!

I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Fantastic Member

It was stupid, which, sometimes, is required. It reminds us readers not to take things too seriously!

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Looks good, I actually like the designs.

Fantastic Member

The art is awesome. I just love how blatant it was that they were parodying it...

Quote Originally Posted by DV1Band View Post
    The art is awesome. I just love how blatant it was that they were parodying it...
    True and I really hope they are more than just a storyboard tool... I'd love them to be part of the Marvel Universe even if it's on earth 4,290,001

I see everyone's fate but my own. Sometimes that scares me. But when I see the future of someone such as yourself, I believe in tomorrow again

Staff writer at www.impulsegamer.com

Fantastic Member

Hahaha... Maybe the What If? Universe...

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Ever since Hickman took over the Avengers, I"ve been thinking "what a great JL book this makes".

Guess he heard me.

Seriously though, Avengers has been so far a revised take on a lot of cosmic/metaphysical concepts introduced by DC. They are living in Crisis on Infinite Earths, we've seen something akin to the bleed, we've seen beings very much like those at the end of time showed by Morrison in Return of Bruce Wayne and so on. It feels very DC-like (the good DC).

Which is ironic, because "Forever Evil" reads like "Siege" to me.

PS: Yay! New smilies!

Fantastic Member

I'm probably going to pick it up...