Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    Shocker vs Electro

Thanks for posting this.
    Clearly this proves shocker ain't no chump. Electro did win this fight but it was far from a cakewalk win of shooting shocker once and he's.knocked out.
    Add in electro did feel pain and his costume has been damaged which communicates shocker did some freakin serious damage. And unless I'm getting this wrong it does appear shocker is bleeding.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon View Post
    Yeah with a lot of stuff going electronic vast money is being made from cyber scams, cyber hacking, etc.
    He can still rob banks but it would be interesting to see him make money in other ways to show he's a multiple threat making him a Swiss Army knife super villain for money crimes.
    He's smart enough to make his own suit plus gauntlets I think he's smart enough he knows of other ways to make high amounts of money in this day of electronics are dominating day of age ones that are more profitable than the cliche of rob a bank. Add in banks aren't having their golden days with economy in a egregious state, and a gigantic debt.

Intimidates people specially politicians, CEOs, owners, athletes, and others loaded with money to deposit vast money in a foreign bank account, or to give him money. Since there are dirty or corrupt politicians he extorts from he doesn't see this as something bad but Robin Hood esque.
    Payed high amounts of money by thieves to destroy security systems.
    Even if not illegal still considered unethical.
    Like he hacks into some data system finding out some bad information and threatens to release the information to his or her employer if he doesn't get paid a certain amount of money. Never mind this would follow under blackmail.
    That's a good start to give him a new leash on life, though I would also like to see some stories that kinda humanize him, giving him aspects besides greed. Look at say Captain Cold, he generally just robs banks, but he also had stories where he avenged his sister's death, stuff that made him feel like person, not just someone super villain who exists to get punched by the heroes. Shocker doesn't need a story exactly like that, but maybe something that makes him seem a person rather then just a gimmicky super villain.

Have his professionalism mean something, rather then just being a buzz word. Maybe have him paired with one of those psycho merc villains who seem to be more interested in hurting people, rather then making money and Shocker really doesn't like that guy. Give Shocker some standards, have him say no to jobs that he thinks are immoral. Make him really different from a character like Bullseye who has no moral limits and don't have take jobs where he was trying to kill 12 innocent jury members to please some psychopathic, that seems far too insane and blood thirsty for a crook who is supposed to be professional.

Look at the movie Scarface, where Tony Montana refused to murder women and children to kill a rival crime boss, does Shocker have lines or is he just some psychopath who would murder women and children for the right price. That is the type of story that should told with Shocker.
    Last edited by The Overlord; 06-03-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Fantastic Member

I’m just surprise that we know so little about Herman before he became the Shocker. Apparently he was a safecracker so we know he was already a career criminal. He built his gauntlets himself so we know he’s got some technological abilities. We know he has a bad relationship with an ex-wife (ex-fiancée?) thanks to a throwaway line in the Hood mini. That’s really it.

Why would a guy smart enough to build those blasters be reduced to creating them just so he could blow safes? That’s a story that really needs to be told.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

While not a huge Spidey fan in general, Shocker was always my favorite on the 90's animated series. But I don't have very many of his comic appearances besides the BND trades and the first volume of Superior Foes. Any recommended reads for good Shocker stories??
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    That's a good start to give him a new leash on life, though I would also like to see some stories that kinda humanize him, giving him aspects besides greed. Look at say Captain Cold, he generally just robs banks, but he also had stories where he avenged his sister's death, stuff that made him feel like person, not just someone super villain who exists to get punched by the heroes. Shocker doesn't need a story exactly like that, but maybe something that makes him seem a person rather then just a gimmicky super villain.

Have his professionalism mean something, rather then just being a buzz word. Maybe have him paired with one of those psycho merc villains who seem to be more interested in hurting people, rather then making money and Shocker really doesn't like that guy. Give Shocker some standards, have him say no to jobs that he thinks are immoral. Make him really different from a character like Bullseye who has no moral limits and don't have take jobs where he was trying to kill 12 innocent jury members to please some psychopathic, that seems far too insane and blood thirsty for a crook who is supposed to be professional.

Look at the movie Scarface, where Tony Montana refused to murder women and children to kill a rival crime boss, does Shocker have lines or is he just some psychopath who would murder women and children for the right price. That is the type of story that should told with Shocker.
    Exacty.
    I think that no matter how high the price he isn't going to kill someone. It's something for Bullseye, Lady Bullseye, and other assassins.
    If Bullseye had a alien symboite backed shocker into a corner I think he would use deadly force for survival after finding out that this is a psychopath that can't be reasoned with.

I think that like John Dillinger in the topnotch movie Public Enemies he should get stories that humanize him. I doubt he spends all his time planning of how to rob banks, and steal money.
    The penguin of batman, John Dillinger of Public Enemies, Long John Silver of Treasure Island, etc I think he's one of throes villains you could feel connected to.
    I think like Captain Cold, Mr.Freeze, Catwoman, etc he could be a complicated super villain.
    You would still condemn his behavior of him robbing banks, Identity theft, and any other illegal activities which are harmful to others and the company or cooperation but he wouldn't be a deportable deadbeat which Mephisto, Mr.Sinister, Sabertooth, etc are.

Maybe he watches America's funniest home videos, a fan of baseball, etc. He has two areas in his life the super villain business as shocker, and non business as Herman where he spends his time at a gym working out, seeing plays, reads the get fuzzy comics or some other comic that gets published daily in newspapers, etc .

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    I’m just surprise that we know so little about Herman before he became the Shocker. Apparently he was a safecracker so we know he was already a career criminal. He built his gauntlets himself so we know he’s got some technological abilities. We know he has a bad relationship with an ex-wife (ex-fiancée?) thanks to a throwaway line in the Hood mini. That’s really it.

Why would a guy smart enough to build those blasters be reduced to creating them just so he could blow safes? That’s a story that really needs to be told.
    Along with why the heck did he drop out of high school, not look for a legal legit job, and why did he decide to become a career criminal.

Think he spends most of his free time with hydro-man watching movies.

Updated my image to give respect to the shocker.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Any recommended reads for good Shocker stories??
    Deadly Foes of Spider-Man #1-4
    Amazing Spider-Man #364
    Spider-Man #82-87

Quote Originally Posted by The Rhino View Post
    Think he spends most of his free time with hydro-man watching movies.

Updated my image to give respect to the shocker.

From the alien costume part 3
    Still a major unknown of how he and rhino were in the same location. Since they both work for the Kingpin for the spider man 90s cartoon I would assume Kingpin told them work together to destroy Spider Man.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    While not a huge Spidey fan in general, Shocker was always my favorite on the 90's animated series. But I don't have very many of his comic appearances besides the BND trades and the first volume of Superior Foes. Any recommended reads for good Shocker stories??
    Assuming you've read Unscheduled Stop, it's probably worth checking out his two-parter from the Wein/ Andru run. It was in Amazing Spider-Man #151-152, reprinted in Marvel Tales #128-129.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Deadly Foes of Spider-Man #1-4
    Amazing Spider-Man #364
    Spider-Man #82-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Assuming you've read Unscheduled Stop, it's probably worth checking out his two-parter from the Wein/ Andru run. It was in Amazing Spider-Man #151-152, reprinted in Marvel Tales #128-129.
    Great, thanks guys!
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Shocker will be in the next She-Hulk coming out this Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rhino View Post
    Shocker will be in the next She-Hulk coming out this Wednesday.
    Thanks.

Any information about the issue?

Ha, I love The Shocker, ever since his appearance in the Spider Friends cartoon. Also got a soft spot for Speed Demon and The Beetle. Can imagine how pleased I was to see Superior Foes.

She-Hulk& Hellcat must uncover the secrets of the Blue File – a conspiracy that touches the entire Marvel Universe! • This new mystery brings us She-Hulk’s most terrifying role ever: DEFENDANT! • Charles Soule (THUNDERBOLTS) and Ron Wemberly (MIGHTY AVENGERS) continue the smash hit of All-New Marvel Now

Cover: http://marvel.com/comics/issue/49119/she-hulk_2014_5

Further preview on CBR.