Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Space Colony "Londenion", Side 1 (in-character)

This. Is. AMERICAN SUPERHERO COMIC BOOKS!

*kicks at empty air in front of an imaginary pit*

Then again some manga are just as bad about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How can she be any worse than Sabertooth, Magneto, or worst of all, Mystique again?

relevant part at 1:30 btw...

Lahrdy! If all them X-Men go throwing themselves offah bridge, why even contest it, sugah?

lol Emma's line about Xavier.
    Last edited by DDD; 07-23-2015 at 05:15 PM.

How can she be any worse than Sabertooth, Magneto, or worst of all, Mystique again?

relevant part at 1:30 btw...

Mystique and Sabretooth have never had runs as X-Men like Emma(who was defacto co-leader for a decade there). Magneto has a pretty sordid villainous past, but he has also been reborn in body and mind a few times between his worst offenses, and while Emma was a purely selfish villain, Magneto is a more charismatic freedom fighter. I don't think he raped anyone either...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    Lahrdy! If all them X-Men go throwing themselves offah bridge, why even contest it, sugah?

lol Emma's line about Xavier.
    My wife's favorite line is Sinister's 'perform Science on it' quote.

But personally, I think Emma is the ONLY reformed long-time villain on the X-roster (not sure how long Rogue was an actual villain) that I am aware of. You need one success to make thing believable. And, as has been said before, Emma has actually been a hero (well, anti-hero) LONGER than she has been a villain.
    Dark does not mean deep.

My wife's favorite line is Sinister's 'perform Science on it' quote.

But personally, I think Emma is the ONLY reformed long-time villain on the X-roster (not sure how long Rogue was an actual villain) that I am aware of. You need one success to make thing believable. And, as has been said before, Emma has actually been a hero (well, anti-hero) LONGER than she has been a villain.
    So, if Hitler opened an orphanage in South America after the war, it's all good?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    So, if Hitler opened an orphanage in South America after the war, it's all good?
    They've done it for other people with impressive body counts. Are you condemning them all, or is Emma just special somehow? Allowing people like Magneto on the roster? Wolverine? How many others? Why is one specific character somehow the only one undeserving?
    Dark does not mean deep.

Thats pretty dark dude.

Heres the problem , you have former Villains Like Rogue and Hawkeye , who were bad but reformed. But they were more or less victims of hanging out with the wrong crowd. All Emma Frost has ever done, as far as changes go is put an X pin on her fur coat. Even if she's reformed , which I can't imagine what it could of be that was so great to bury mistrust that she still working both sides, is how if she's such a positive influence on the other Xmen why is it she still treats everyone like a S&M Female Dominatrix and takes the people around her down a peg??

Quote Originally Posted by AstroWolfboy View Post
    Thats pretty dark dude.

Heres the problem , you have former Villains Like Rogue and Hawkeye , who were bad but reformed. But they were more or less victims of hanging out with the wrong crowd. All Emma Frost has ever done, as far as changes go is put an X pin on her fur coat. Even if she's reformed , which I can't imagine what it could of be that was so great to bury mistrust that she still working both sides, is how if she's such a positive influence on the other Xmen why is it she still treats everyone like a S&M Female Dominatrix and takes the people around her down a peg??
    Emma's haughty attitude is emotional armor. (this has been all-but stated on page) If she never lets anyone close, she figures she won't be hurt again. It takes a GREAT deal for her to let someone in, only a couple of characters have ever managed.

As far as why Scott likes her, I never really figured it out myself. I always figured her being repulsed by Logan was a major point in her favor with him. I love them as teammates, but never liked them as a couple.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Wolverine is(was) a man split between feral animal and noble samurai. For most of his time as an X-Man he wrestled with his ferocity. It had undeniable efficacy, but he was also afraid of it. Emma is unapologetic and wrote off all her sadistic acts with "I was high on drinks and drugs." And that was pretty much the end of it, while continuing to be bitch.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    It's been mostly a moot point for awhile now. Emma has been relegated to background character status for the past couple years since breaking up with Cyclops while at the same time being stuck on his team. Apparently, the X-office doesn't have much to say for her if it doesn't involve being Cyclops' girlfriend. Once the X-books are relaunched after Secret Wars in the fall, Emma will be among the missing mutants. Honestly, unless one of the new writers is a big fan of hers and pulls her into one of the new books, her time in the spotlight may have passed.

Emma is somewhat reminiscent of a generational character. In the 80s, flashy and whimsical characters like Dazzler and Longshot were popular. In the 90s, cool and bad-ass characters like Gambit and Bishop were popular. In the 00s, snarky and materialistic Emma appeals to our increasingly vain, reality TV show drama-obssessed culture. It's the 10s now, but our culture is still pretty similar to how it was to the previous decade, so Emma still has some appeal, but I can see how to some people, her act is getting a little old. Eventually, her star will fade unless she changes.
    I kinda agree. I don't dislike Emma, but I can see how, in hindsight, that she is very similar to a Generational character. Now that the shine has faded a little she's not as used as she used to be. But it happens to a lot of characters. Personally, my favorite Emma was Generation X Emma.

Wait... did someone just compare Emma to HITLER? OMG ROFL.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Wolverine is(was) a man split between feral animal and noble samurai. For most of his time as an X-Man he wrestled with his ferocity. It had undeniable efficacy, but he was also afraid of it. Emma is unapologetic and wrote off all her sadistic acts with "I was high on drinks and drugs." And that was pretty much the end of it, while continuing to be bitch.
    He owned more horrible, violent, and criminal activity than Emma Frost ever did. She may have "killed a horse", Wolverine killed many, many people. Not all of them bad. He's responsible for a lot more bad in the world than she is. But he gets a pass because he has claws which are *kewl* and he does that whole "lone samurai who only draws his sword when he must, which turns out to be all of the time" garbage that seemed fresh in 1975 before manga became popular in the US.

Emma Frost is an incredible and complex character. She grew up in a completely corrupt family and learned to count and trust herself only. As she got more experienced with her telepathy she became more confident with herself and she felt it put her above others. However, she still had a soft spot and that was teaching students. It wasn't until the Hellions death (A great loss that still haunts her to this day) where she saw the error of her ways. This shocked her into no longer taking part in the wicked acts she did before and instead do what she did best (Teaching) for the good side.

While Emma made her transition as a good guy, she still kept her morals and did not stop being herself. While she is far from perfect, Emma is truly the most genuine member of the X-Men. While many writers have tried teasing her going back to being bad, Emma just keeps proving that she is a valuable member of the X-Men While she may not be the clear cut definition of a super hero like Captain America or Storm, Emma is certainly a hero in her own regard.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    Wait... did someone just compare Emma to HITLER? OMG ROFL.
    Emma's assistance to Mastermind led to the death of 5 billion D'Bari. That trumps Hilter by a longshot.

Emma's assistance to Mastermind led to the death of 5 billion D'Bari. That trumps Hilter by a longshot.
    Emma only supplied Mastermind that model that lets him project illusions in others minds. There was no other proof that she took part further part in his plans. That's like blaming a gun manufacturing company for the deaths a serial killer committed with one of their weapons. Mastermind and Dark Phoenix (Who didn't even commit those deaths directly) are the ones responsible.