Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If Selina can't marry Bruce, whom would she marry instead?

Let's suppose that Selina Kyle decides to "retire" from that Catwoman thing, and marry a nice guy, and settle down to have kids and raise them with her husband.

Let's also suppose that Bruce Wayne is not the lucky man. Whom would you expect her to marry instead?

For instance, do you have a particular canonical "hero" or "villain" in mind as being especially well-suited to Selina, or just a general idea in your head of "what sort of guy would she be likely to pick if Batman wasn't on the market?" I'll appreciate any thoughts you care to share!
    Last edited by Lorendiac; 07-23-2015 at 10:01 AM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Tom Tresser or Steve Trevor.

Since Diana can't seem to get her s&!t together and lock either of them down...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Spectacular Member

Why does it have to be a guy? why can't she and Eiko clear the account of their respective crime families and sail out into the sunset together?

Honestly I just want her to get involved with someone who doesn't hate themselves for being attracted to her and project their insecurities on her. You know, for a change.
    I'm currently Re-Reading Stranger's in Paradise. Please join me.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Why does she have to marry at all? Not at all women or men do, newsflash.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-24-2015 at 07:19 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Never saw her as the marrying type. I always imagined that if she retired, she'd spend her days running some non-profit organization or something.

All-New Member

Oswald and selina would make a beautiful couple. Closest thing to my dream match between fictional characters of Jabba The Hut and Princess Leah. No Danny DeVito/Michelle Piefer reference intended.

If Gotham is Bruce's lady love, then crime is Selina's Mr. Right.

Her and Bruce always both struck me as a "bachelorette"/"Bachelor" character, enjoying a fling every now and then, but didn't want an actual partner cause they felt it would bring them down. Heck, Bruce has a son who he didn't even know about for the longest time.
    That's really what made their relationship so interesting for me. For once, they find a person who they can't make the excuse of tying them down. Selina makes a valuable ally for Bruce, and having connections to the freaking Batman would be beneficial for Selina as a thief. I don't think she would go for another guy for a lasting relationship because Bruce IS her standard. His life was every bit as thrilling as hers.

Quote Originally Posted by LostinFandom View Post
    Why does it have to be a guy? why can't she and Eiko clear the account of their respective crime families and sail out into the sunset together?

Honestly I just want her to get involved with someone who doesn't hate themselves for being attracted to her and project their insecurities on her. You know, for a change.
    When has anyone felt ashamed for feeling attracted to her? At worst, I've seen annoyance at her refusal to abandon her life of crime.

To the o.p., I honestly don't know. If it's a non-criminal they might be less tolerant of her misdeeds than Bruce.

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Dick Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Dick Grayson
    well that just got awkward

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    Dick Grayson

She has had her tongue down his throat before...

She'll buy a Batman card board and cry for the rest of her life. That or she'll kidnap random men and make them dress up like him.

Quote Originally Posted by HellHere View Post
    She has had her tongue down his throat before...
    Not really, she kissed him once and he laughed at her.

Incredible Member

It still counts.