Fantastic Member

Default What' is Thanos's endgame?

A pretty big player. Where did he end up? Will he want to take over Battleworld or just destroy it? I would think Doom would be more concerned about him then even Reed since Doom knows what Thanos is capable of

Quote Originally Posted by Guest81 View Post
    I would think Doom would be more concerned about him then even Reed since Doom knows what Thanos is capable of
    Doom tends not to be entirely rational where Reed Richards is concerned. Thanos is a distant number two.

Quote Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted View Post
    Doom tends not to be entirely rational where Reed Richards is concerned. Thanos is a distant number two.
    Well said, and 100% accurate.

I'd say past Death's friend zone.

This except Thanos isn't even number two in this case. Doom will have no concern about Thanos and rightly so because no matter what plans he has Doom can just wave his hand and destroy him. However, it will everyone else on Battleworld that needs to watch out for Thanos because whatever he plans may not work on Doom but it could very well kill everyone else.

As for his plan, it probably revolves around killing the 616 people for the Illuminati imprisonment stuff and then gathering up power by whatever means to kill Doom.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Do any Infinity Gems even exist any more? Does Death exist any more as one of the abstracts?

I'd think the only thing that Thanos would want to accomplish is to create a new universe to rule and to take the place of the Doomverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Do any Infinity Gems even exist any more? Does Death exist any more as one of the abstracts?

I'd think the only thing that Thanos would want to accomplish is to create a new universe to rule and to take the place of the Doomverse.
    Surely as long as people can die, the death abstract must exist.

That and Thanos always leaves a way to be beat.

From Doom's Perspective: Enraged Reed with nothing to lose >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Thanos without the gems.

BANNED

Reed is a much bigger threat to Doom at this point.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    In the frame of the story so far, maybe. But Thanos will make his presence known. I've been saying for a while I think 616 Thanos will kill the other Thanos after he is close to assembling the IG, and then complete it for himself. It's already been confirmed that Thanos will destroy the Shield. I'm wondering if this will be a strategic move on Thanos' part against Doom? Doom is holding Battleworld together by sheer will of mind. How far can he be taxed or distracted before he loses concentration enough for Battleworld to start falling apart? With an IG can will Thanos have enough to stand up to Doom? Another thing I'm wondering is the Thanos currently beyond the Shield looking for the gems I assumed was different from 616 Thanos, but is it possible they are one and the same. The other Thanos has the time gem and has been seen traveling back in time. Could it be that the 616 Thanos got a hold of the time gem and traveled back in time? I could be totally off, and I'm not sure how that would work, but I thought it was an interesting concept nonetheless.

EDIT: I have been a huge Thanos fan for a long time. Imo, one particular vibe I am getting from this whole story and also from the preceding Time Runs Out arc, is that while all these other characters have been working so hard to save whatever they can, Thanos at least to me, has been depicted as being eerily calm throughout all of this chaos. Not to say Thanos doesn't want to survive, but I think apart from any other character in this story, he does not fear death. Should it come, he would welcome it. And, as kevlon said, if people can die then it's a reasonable assumption that the Death abstract exists. I wonder if Thanos has considered this as well.
    Last edited by bandoogiemanz; 07-27-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

Quote Originally Posted by vaf2675 View Post
    The question is which Reed?
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.