Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Book of Death: The Fall of Bloodshot, #1

Jeff Lemire and Doug Braithwaite take readers to the distant end days for the nanite-powered killing machine in "Book of Death: The Fall of Bloodshot" #1.

Full review here.

Great issue. Had to read multiple times to take it in. Valiant is hitting it out of the ball park with this first issue. But if you are looking for action, you might want to pass it up.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

It does read as more as a summation of events rather than being focal on ONE last battle to his death.
    I also really enjoyed it though for what it tells us of Bloodshot and just how long the nannites keep him alive.
    I'd really dig an off world Conan-esque 'King Bloodshot' mini-series to be certain!!
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Amazing Member

This look in the fate of the first of the Valiant characters as written in the Geomancer Book of Death is an intriguing read. The narrative which spans centuries blends very well with the stunning art throughout and makes a most compelling read. It's all the future to us, but it's the chronicled past according to Tama's book from the future. As the reviewer stated, it is progressive that we see more and more life leave the eyes of our hero as he resigns himself to his lonely fate. Valiant has done a great job giving us the first glimpse inside the Book of Death and I am most anxious to read the other one shots that follow to find out the fate of some of our other heroes. Valiant continues to lead the industry in masterful storytelling, and this is yet another fine example of that craft.