Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    And they constantly lounge in Arkham Asylum
    That's how I see the majority of the bat villains
    One of my favourite literary/comic book/anime villains is the character Light from 'Death Note'. He's hands down one of the most vile, sociopathic, devious, predatory and manipulative characters I have seen. I would love to see more villains along that line (or Iago from Othello) in comic books. But I don't think that that there are many writers in comic books who have the talent to create such a villain.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    One of my favourite ... villains is the character Light from 'Death Note'. But I don't think that that there are many writers in comic books who have the talent to create such a villain.
    I don't think its the writers, so much as the editors that wouldn't allow it. Plus his popularity would force a spin-off with Light as an anti-hero, which misses the point.

Also, the character is a bit complex and verbose for mainstream US comics.

The Manga world has MUCH greater creative control, especially compared to working on established character that is essential to the survival of a company.

Tsugumi Ohba has complete creative control to tell his story over as many issues has he wanted. Now, maybe you could get something like that at Image, but not DC and definitely not in Batman.

Not saying I wouldn't love it, just that it's really unlikely to happen.

BANNED

Certainly 1 of the best, though Spidey, Supes and Flash are up there.

I think Superman's got the best rogues gallery but my personal favourite is the Flash's rogues gallery (I like the premise of the Rogues).
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099
    Not everyone defines the best rogue's gallery as the most iconic one.
    his rogues gallery is one of the best, at war with Joker, at war with Superman....its going to grow stronger and stronger

BANNED

Joker- most iconic villain in comics
    Catwoman- most iconic female villain in comics
    Riddler- one of the most mainstream villains ever
    Penguin- one of the most mainstream villains ever
    Two-Face- one of the most mainstream villains ever
    Mr. Freeze- one of the most mainstream villains ever
    Poison Ivy- arguably one of the top 3 female villains.

Extraordinary Member

The overall gallery is easily the most iconic rogues gallery; their only competition is Spider-Man's gallery, and as popular as they are, I'd argue the Bat-villains greater number of, and earlier, live action appearances break the tie. Spider-Man's rogues have plenty of great cartoon appearances to promote their popularity, and other individual villains (like Magneto or Lex Luthor) may be able to match most of the villains, but Joker's still pretty arguably the número uno supervillain.

I mean, there's been three cinematic Jokers with a fourth on the way, three accurate Catwomen, two Two Faces, two Penguins, three Riddlers, two Banes, one Ra's, Poison Ivy, Talia, and Scarecrow. About half of them them had live action appearances in a pop culture sensation, all of them have had numerous cartoon appearances, and all of them have been featured in a major video game franchise with four well recieved entries.

Heck, when Suicide Squad hits next year, and maybe proves that DC supervillains will continue to trounce Marvel's in spite of that franchises success, 3 of its members will be Batman villains making their first cinematic appearance.

Arkham and Blackgate hold more memorable villains than most popular X-Men.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Lightbulb

I think either Batman or Spider-Man have the best and most versatile rogues' gallery in all of comics, and I prefer Batman's over all due to sheer depth.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Yea he definitely does by miles. Even his minor villains can be used to promote a non-Bat book or other media. It's part of the reason why Batman is the most popular and always gets the most books/tv shows/games/movies/etc. He just has way too much material to work with. Creators gotta step it up to make other characters competitive.
    Formerly known as YMCMB

BANNED

I'd say, second best just behind the X-MEN. Sorry but Magneto, Sinister and Apocalypse beat Joker, Bane and Ras.

Quote Originally Posted by William300 View Post
    I'd say, second best just behind the X-MEN. Sorry but Magneto, Sinister and Apocalypse beat Joker, Bane and Ras.
    Perhaps it terms of raw power, however I contend with the exception of Magneto they aren't nearly as interesting as Batman's villains both great and small.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-18-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I would argue that the greatness in Batman's villan's list isn't in the numbers or qualities of his first tier enemies both the quality and potential in lower tier enemies. Sadly writers seem to be to focused on his most famous characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Perhaps it terms of raw power, however I contend with the expectation of Magneto they aren't nearly as interesting as Batman's villains both great and small.
    Apocalypso's philosophy isn't that far form Ra's Al Ghul's philosophy and you there has been several interesting stories there. X-Men has a strong villains list and then the humans like Sentinels and William Stryker aren't even mentioned.

He has the best rogues gallery but too many of his villains are underused/aren't legit threats to him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Perhaps it terms of raw power, however I contend with the exception of Magneto they aren't nearly as interesting as Batman's villains both great and small.
    I disagree. Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister are very interesting, especially when you get into their ideologies, with Apocalypse's extreme darwinism, and Sinister's obsession with mutation and evolution.

I'd have to go with the x men first then batman, then spiderman

X men:
    Magneto
    Sinister
    Apocalypse
    Mystique
    Jugganaut
    Sentinels
    Phoenix

Batman;
    Joker
    Two face