Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I don't think so. The incursion already happened, they obviously don't need anyone to save them, since they are still alive. And they are more powerful than Odin, let alone Loki, so why would they need him for that? I mean, I guess they need him for something, since they are talking to him now but... you know what i mean, just not that.
    I think they might not be happy that Loki didn't pick a side. As far as I understand they are interested in Ragnarok happening again and again, and Loki going against his "fate" (we are pretty sure now that regardless of which side Loki picks he is going to end up as a villain, so picking neither is something unpredictable, at least at this point) might put it in danger.

Astonishing Member

Yes he did change into his male form before saving the gods' stories.

I don't want Loki picking sides. I like his neutrality. It's new and fresh and much more interesting than him simply being a villain. After so many decades boxed in as a villain, it's time for something new, at least for the foreseeable future.

Loki's always been on the side of himself, it's just that finally he seems to have let go of his self-esteem issues.

Astonishing Member

And that is a great load off his shoulders, something that King Loki still suffers from.

Spectacular Member

Honestly though, this was just such a huge deal, when you think about it. Loki finally achieved that change he was seeking, finally arrived at a place where he's OKAY with himself, where he accepts himself, and it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks. That's literally a first for Loki. The way it literally didn't matter to him that Odin told him he was Thor's equal, didn't care what Freyja thought, etc... Man, I just think it was epic. And in the end, he ended up saving them all. They all died a glorious death, but Loki's the reason they'll continue on into a new reality. He's the ultimate hero here. It's amazing, truly, when you think of the journey he's been through, and all he's suffered and went through to get here. But he's here, and he's got a true and genuine friend in Verity, and just as she doesn't put any expectations on him, he doesn't put any expectations on her. They both accept each other for who they are. I just think the emotional depth of this story has been extraordinary, and Loki's genuinely become one of the richest, most wonderful characters the entire Marvel universe has to offer. He was bad-ass here, the way he confronted King Loki too. So bravo to Al and Lee both, for creating such an extraordinary book. I'm really looking forward to the conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I think they might not be happy that Loki didn't pick a side. As far as I understand they are interested in Ragnarok happening again and again, and Loki going against his "fate" (we are pretty sure now that regardless of which side Loki picks he is going to end up as a villain, so picking neither is something unpredictable, at least at this point) might put it in danger.
    That is a distinct possibility. King Loki gave them one last quickie Ragnarok, but with Loki not involving himself with any of that any more they're unlikely to get any more... hell, they were supposed to not get any more a while back, the cycle was supposed to be broken. on the other hand, if the universe is not recreated in something resembling the form it once had (so, not Battleworld) they definitely won't get any more. So rebuilding the universe ought to be their top priority.

I wouldn't be so certain there won't be any more Ragnaroks. Actually my impression from Jason Aaron's Thor is that he's setting up the story post-Secret Wars to be much closer to the Ragnarok of myth, with great wickedness throughout Midgard in the form of Roxxon led by Dario Agger the Minotaur, giants led against Asgard by a reborn King Laufey, and everyone united against Asgard by Malekith.

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    I don't think so. The incursion already happened, they obviously don't need anyone to save them, since they are still alive. And they are more powerful than Odin, let alone Loki, so why would they need him for that? I mean, I guess they need him for something, since they are talking to him now but... you know what i mean, just not that. We have seen that some beings/entities ARE capable of surviving the incursion, it's happened in Silver Surfer as well. Hell, they were able to create liferafts with mortal technology that could do it. It's a big deal but not THAT special, it's not as if it's something special to Loki alone. The big problem is that they are all now in an empty void, that's the problem that needs fixing.

What happened is exactly what Loki said, happened, he saved their stories so he can 'let them out' later. He's saved all the gods of Asgard for when the universe is rebuilt. It remains to be seen though just where he lets them out. Does he take a trip to Battleworld and let them out to crush Doom? or does he wait for a new world to be rebuilt by Silver Surfer and then let them out there?

Also, just a quibble, but Loki had switched back to male before he packaged away the gods, so... wasn't technically 'girl Loki' that did that. And, actually, probably not necessary to really specify at all. It's not like Loki becomes a different character or anything, so just 'Loki' is fine for either way. I mean, it's not like you say 'guy Loki' when in male form. just saying.
    I didn't realise she changed back to male Loki. I just wanted to differentiate between the Lokis. It's confusing sometimes.

From what you're saying, Loki now becomes the most powerful Asgardian, or Aesir, because he stands outside the 10 worlds and saves everyone including Odin and Freya? It's a special place for Loki to be in. I would have expected Odin to do this, not Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Yes he did change into his male form before saving the gods' stories.

I don't want Loki picking sides. I like his neutrality. It's new and fresh and much more interesting than him simply being a villain. After so many decades boxed in as a villain, it's time for something new, at least for the foreseeable future.
    That reminds me of God Doom also, not picking sides on Battleworld, and letting whatever befall how it may.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I didn't realise she changed back to male Loki. I just wanted to differentiate between the Lokis. It's confusing sometimes.

From what you're saying, Loki now becomes the most powerful Asgardian, or Aesir, because he stands outside the 10 worlds and saves everyone including Odin and Freya? It's a special place for Loki to be in. I would have expected Odin to do this, not Loki.
    He's calling himself the Moon-King among his new titles, and this just occurred to me...is there a Moon on Battleworld? And what is that Moon?

If there is, maybe it's actually the orb holding all the Asgardians in safety, circling Battleworld or something.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    Honestly though, this was just such a huge deal, when you think about it. Loki finally achieved that change he was seeking, finally arrived at a place where he's OKAY with himself, where he accepts himself, and it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks. That's literally a first for Loki. The way it literally didn't matter to him that Odin told him he was Thor's equal, didn't care what Freyja thought, etc... Man, I just think it was epic. And in the end, he ended up saving them all. They all died a glorious death, but Loki's the reason they'll continue on into a new reality. He's the ultimate hero here. It's amazing, truly, when you think of the journey he's been through, and all he's suffered and went through to get here. But he's here, and he's got a true and genuine friend in Verity, and just as she doesn't put any expectations on him, he doesn't put any expectations on her. They both accept each other for who they are. I just think the emotional depth of this story has been extraordinary, and Loki's genuinely become one of the richest, most wonderful characters the entire Marvel universe has to offer. He was bad-ass here, the way he confronted King Loki too. So bravo to Al and Lee both, for creating such an extraordinary book. I'm really looking forward to the conclusion.
    That's something I missed from this series, that Loki isn't short of self confidence, and is comfortable having simple relationships with a dues ex machina lie detector like Verity. It's almost like Verity was made for Loki to bounce off the idea of the "god of lies". If someone is there calling him out on a lie, Loki is constantly challenged about what he is intrinsically.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    He's calling himself the Moon-King among his new titles, and this just occurred to me...is there a Moon on Battleworld? And what is that Moon?

If there is, maybe it's actually the orb holding all the Asgardians in safety, circling Battleworld or something.
    Just the moon, Knowhere, the Celestial head, where the Guardians of the Galaxy hang out, with all the aliens. Mind you the Goddess Khonshu is on Battleworld, and doesn't she have something to do with Moon Knights? See even that reference is a contradiction. If there is no Moon, (I think the Sumerians called it Kingu), in the sense of Earths Moon, how can there be a Goddess of the Moon?
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-24-2015 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Just the moon, Knowhere, the Celestial head, where the Guardians of the Galaxy hang out, with all the aliens. Mind you the Goddess Khonshu is on Battleworld, and doesn't she have something to do with Moon Knights? See even that reference is a contradiction. If there is no Moon, (I think the Sumerians called it Kingu), in the sense of Earths Moon, how can there be a Goddess of the Moon?
    Yeah I remember the Moon Goddess being in the first Secret War Journal or Battleworld issue. It could be the Celestial Head's the moon (I actually spotted a skull floating in the sky in one panel of a recent comic I got, can't remember which, either E for Extinction or Korvac Saga) for Battleworld. Though it's a pretty freaky looking moon lol.

I mean, who cares about stars when you start questioning where the heck is the moon, ha!

Finding a destination in the infinite multiverse

I loved seeing the Loki who burned freaking out all the time in this issue.
    Note: This person is a Peter Parker, Hank Pym, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards and James Howlett fanboy, used to be a Steve Rogers fanboy before he turned grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm loving the idea of Loki not giving a crap about either side. Why should he at this point? And because the entire realms are so scripted, it's the one thing that I don't think any of the other gods will be able to accept. Ironically, it might get him the attention he was always looking for from them.