Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    But like i said before, existing in the void after the universe is destroyed, while special, isn't like 'omguberpowerful' special. Silver Surfer and his companion (a regular human) survived, and Reed Richards designed a way to survive the end as well. That doesn't make them more powerful than Odin, same goes for Loki. It's special, don't get me wrong. and being able to edit the story as he sees fit does make him essentially a powerful reality warper. But it's not THAT special.
    And also Hyperion, and Doom with Reece prior to becoming Rabum Alal, and the proto-Mapmaker Super-Adaptoids, and the Black Priests with Strange, and so on.... it's doable in a number of ways, apparently.

But there are only 2 right now.
    Based on A-Force, it may be more than that on Battleworld.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    But we don't know if any of these alternates "burned".

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Ah, I was just talking pre-Battleworld since that's all this particular story covers. In the context of THIS story, there are only 2. Of course there's also hobo-Loki in Thors and A-Force Loki if you count Battleworld, and Agent of Asgard may end up covering that in the final issue, but so far it hasn't.

But there are only 2 right now. The only one you have to specify is King Loki, because that is an (almost) entirely separate character. When Loki switches genders, he/she does not become a different character, thus there is absolutely no need to differentiate between them unless the gender flip plays some important part. In this case, it did not, it had absolutely zero relevance to the story at hand. Think of Loki's gender flips and other shape shifting as him changing clothes. Wearing a different 'outfit' (body) does not change who the character IS. That's all I am trying to say. Loki is a shapeshifter and is now canonically non-binary, they are going to be changing forms a LOT, but he/she will always still be Loki.

And it is a big deal. I'm just saying that doing this one thing doesn't make him more powerful than Odin. It just means he is capable of doing this one thing that Odin did/could not. On average, I am sure Odin is still the most powerful. and as gwangung said, it has been established in the book and elsewhere already that the gods are 'creatures of story' as such they can be influenced by changes to the story more than a mortal probably could. thus Loki has more power over them, which he may not necessarily have elsewhere.
    In the most recent references to King Loki and the other one, you're right.

But as to the significance of who is more powerful, just think about who we are talking about in Loki. He is a simple Frost Giant, who has no genes associated with Odin, yet this Frost Giant takes the role as the whole story teller of the 10 worlds. That's some ordinary Frost Giant.

Spectacular Member

Well Loki should be very powerful, when you consider his significance in Norse mythology and in terms of relevance to Thor and Odin and all the rest. He may be a frost giant, or half frost giant, but then, in mythology, the Jotnar were around before the Aesir, and Odin crafted the world from the body of Ymir. Loki's always been one of the most powerful gods in the Marvel universe anyway, and his recent power upgrade is really just him finally embracing who he is instead of fighting against it or being made to believe it's inherently bad. He finally realizes that his power doesn't necessarily represent evil, and can be used for things well beyond the scope of petty ambition. I think he's always been this powerful, he's just realizing it for the first time. Like he tells King Loki, he isn't doing anything King Loki couldn't, if he'd only allow himself to.