BANNED

Default MODOK Appreciation

Welcome to the MODOK appreciation thread. MODOK is an acronym for Mental/Mobile/Mechanized Organism Designed Only for Killing.

MODOK will have his own mini series: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=59161

My favorite MODOK video which made me like him.

I have to say, Jack Kirby's MODOK, from Tales of Suspense was the most horrible/fascinating character design I ever saw, gave me the creeps as a kid. Mangog is a close second in my opinion.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

Strangely Enough, MODOK was on of my 1st Marvel Villains outside of the Spider-Man and X-Men Verse I was introduced to that showed me how Rich and Uniquely DIFFERENT the Marvel Villains where to other Super-Hero Foes in other mediums!

He was always a Mystery to me, BUT Anytime he was on the Scene you could not Help but Pay Attention to him.....Just by how he Looked Alone Ruled the Moment! IMO MODOK is a Classic Example of Creative Villain Creation right outside of the Box and out of both the Technical Villain Verse and Spy/James Bond Style Villains, Really a Fun Character Anytime and good for a Laugh most All the Time!

The Video Below is a Good Intro to MODOK's History!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Niffleheim

What a cutey, he looks like he is having a tantrum.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Poor MODOK. Maria is never going to love him...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    What a cutey, he looks like he is having a tantrum.
    I think that was always one of the Biggest Appeals to his Character, both Comic Book and Animated For; He is either Most of the time Tantrum, looks like he is about to have one or could have one at anytime. BUT, unlike other characters where this might get Annoying or Old, it is just either Fun and/or Funny with MODOK cause it fits him so Very Well. IMO that is keeping to the True style of this Character!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes MODOK was Awesome and Very Well Done!

The Voice Actor did a Top Rate Job with the Character;

BE SILENT!!!

BANNED

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I Just Read threw M.O.D.O.K. Assassin #1 & #2 and Honestly they are GREAT!!!

Really, their is M.O.D.O.K. fun from beginning to end in each Issue! It is True to all I know of M.O.D.O.K. and it was a Very Fun and Even FUNNIER Read! I honestly have to say with all the Secret Wars Tie-Ins I have been Reading and theirs are allot I am Reading, but this might be ONE of the BEST, Seriously!

The Artwork is Great and serves the plot well in really showing M.O.D.O.K.'s over the Top Style for Killing, how he uses is weapons and how he acts with others. It paints a great picture of the Region of BattleWorld he lives in.

If you are a M.O.D.O.K. Fan You HAVE to Get these COMICS!

Last edited by CJStriker; 07-26-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Astonishing Member

MODOK is an odd character, half the time he is treated like a serious threat, the other half he is treated like a joke.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    MODOK is an odd character, half the time he is treated like a serious threat, the other half he is treated like a joke.
    I think that is what makes M.O.D.O.K. such an interesting Character The Overlord, or by what I have known of him. Both his look and how he acts comes off IMO on a Deadpool like level, not nearly as high in the puns, but short of like that, but he is more direct and serious about what he means. But mostly he is always direct on what he wants to do, but at the same time either doing it in a goofy way, acting goofy or finding himself in a goofy situation that even with all those that he kills you can't help but get a sense of silliness out of it all. This goes hand-n-hand with how he looks to, he is such an old-ball and even a mystery at times with how he acts.

I got ALLOT and I mean Allot of this in M.O.D.O.K. Assassin!

This is why I think he is such a stand-out character, you can't forget not only how he looks, but the way he acts is truly an odd mixture that only he seems to be-able to pull off cause it is him!

I wish MODOK was treated more like a serious threat. My favorite interpretation of him was in MODOK 11 mini series. How he manipulated everyone from his allies and his enemies all the while getting his revenge in the process. As to how I was introduced to him The old Iron Man cartoon from the 90's, I didn't realize until later how FOX was copying from TMNT making Mandarin and MODOK the Shredder and Kraang of the series.
    Last edited by mysterio1989; 07-27-2015 at 01:04 PM.