Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Last Days Of Loki Agent Of Asgard #16 Spoilers

Does anybody know what goes on here?

spoilers:
    We get the final Incursion while the Gods of the Aesir struggle for the last time, or so they think. Old King Loki from another future runs away like a little girl into the White Space, I think, but it is described as, "to a far place", them, BOOM, no more everything. Girl Loki captures the Aesir in full battle in an orb, (as the Incursion takes everything), and puts it in her pocket. Girl Loki and ghost Verity are in White Space themselves and Loki is saying, "now I've got their stories... Nice and safe...I could let them out somewhere, if there was a where to let them out in...". Then a booming voice cuts in. (It's Those Who Live Above Everything). "You. Small God. Know us".
    end of spoilers

So there's nothing. But, old Future Loki is still somewhere, girl Loki is still there, and now these other beings, 5 of them, still exist also. I guess TWLAE liked how girl Loki packaged away the gods story, so now they want Loki to package away their story too?
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-23-2015 at 04:50 PM.

okay so what i got from reading it,girl loki likes puts all of reality into a small orb to save it from the incrusion, but then then the beyonders are all like "Nuh-uh" and it ends. Or did i just misinterpret everything, i havent read it yet, so yeah
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

I'm not sure it ends as such, because these other 5 dudes show up after the Incursion, so something is left. I think it has something to do with the concepts surviving, like story. The same thing happens in LD Silver Surfer, with the Shaper of Worlds surviving. The imperative is still there. It just needs somewhere to put it. At the moment, Girl Loki, The 5 dudes, the Silver Surfer, Dawn, the Shaper of Worlds, and Zeb are still there. They are all concepts, but they have nowhere to reside?
    Last edited by jackolover; 07-23-2015 at 06:52 PM.

All-New Member

Loki seemed to have survived by escaping reality much the same was Silver Surfer did. It looks like he saved his fellow Asgardens by traping them in their battle, very doctor who like, and his/her friends soul in a bracelet.
    My prediction for the five floating guys are that they are the old council of God's. Zeus and the other god heads also seeking sanctuary from destruction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHero45 View Post
    Loki seemed to have survived by escaping reality much the same was Silver Surfer did. It looks like he saved his fellow Asgardens by traping them in their battle, very doctor who like, and his/her friends soul in a bracelet.
    My prediction for the five floating guys are that they are the old council of God's. Zeus and the other god heads also seeking sanctuary from destruction.
    They're not http://marvel.com/universe/Those_Who...bove_In_Shadow?

Yep, Loki, Goddess of Stories, did not die (making Everything Dies even more of a lie). She escaped from reality before the Incursion and is in the white space between universes/left behind when universes are destroyed. She preserved the Asgardians and their foes in their story in that orb, Verity's soul in the bracelet, and is musing about how she could let them all out if there was any place for them to be let out into, when Those Who Sit Above In Shadow show up.

Looks like jackolover's speculation some time ago that TWSAIS might be related to the Beyonders in some way might have some merit after all. Also, Loki's preservation of the Asgardian mythos in that sphere in what looks like the white space prior to the pulling together of Battleworld, may end up explaining some things like why Doom's throne sits on a World Tree and why he polices his world using Thors, as well as why some denizens at least have heard of Odin (see Future Imperfect for that one).

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Yep, Loki, Goddess of Stories, did not die (making Everything Dies even more of a lie). She escaped from reality before the Incursion and is in the white space between universes/left behind when universes are destroyed. She preserved the Asgardians and their foes in their story in that orb, Verity's soul in the bracelet, and is musing about how she could let them all out if there was any place for them to be let out into, when Those Who Sit Above In Shadow show up.

Looks like jackolover's speculation some time ago that TWSAIS might be related to the Beyonders in some way might have some merit after all. Also, Loki's preservation of the Asgardian mythos in that sphere in what looks like the white space prior to the pulling together of Battleworld, may end up explaining some things like why Doom's throne sits on a World Tree and why he polices his world using Thors, as well as why some denizens at least have heard of Odin (see Future Imperfect for that one).
    Didn't 616 Doom and a version of Loki have a confrontation not long ago where part of the struggle was over exactly what was the nature of myth and story and their influence?

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Didn't 616 Doom and a version of Loki have a confrontation not long ago where part of the struggle was over exactly what was the nature of myth and story and their influence?
    If it was the confrontation from earlier in this series, Doom managed to freeze Loki in time and space. They had a longwinded argument back and forth in their battle of wits, and Doom was basically going along the lines of his belief in himself is so much that he's basically a god or the god, if belief is what makes gods. I'm paraphrasing horribly here, it was a long speech. Bottomline, Doom's ego reigns supreme (till circumstances later led to Loki being freed and yadayadayada)

Quote Originally Posted by jphamlore View Post
    Yes. Loki Agent of Asgard #6, A magical duel, a game, where Doom speaks and then it's Lokis turn. Doom even references Arcade, who also appears in Killiseum on Battleworld. Valeria was Dooms accomplish in that story, as well as Battleworld. Val looked a little concerned after they Locked up Loki.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's correct, Doom used the power of each others story in their duel and Loki the younger was quite overmatched. The strength of Doom's story was much stronger than his at that juncture.

Doom's final argument was that he is a man and his story will END therefore it is superior to every god's story which never ends which in turn makes him superior to gods.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Thanks for the link. I knew I had seen those beings from somewhere before. The artist even based his drawing of Those Who Sit Above In Shadow on the final page of this issue from this image of them from the finale of Thor that came out several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Does anybody know what goes on here?
    So there's nothing. But, old Future Loki is still somewhere, girl Loki is still there, and now these other beings, 5 of them, still exist also. I guess TWLAE liked how girl Loki packaged away the gods story, so now they want Loki to package away their story too?
    I don't think so. The incursion already happened, they obviously don't need anyone to save them, since they are still alive. And they are more powerful than Odin, let alone Loki, so why would they need him for that? I mean, I guess they need him for something, since they are talking to him now but... you know what i mean, just not that. We have seen that some beings/entities ARE capable of surviving the incursion, it's happened in Silver Surfer as well. Hell, they were able to create liferafts with mortal technology that could do it. It's a big deal but not THAT special, it's not as if it's something special to Loki alone. The big problem is that they are all now in an empty void, that's the problem that needs fixing.

What happened is exactly what Loki said, happened, he saved their stories so he can 'let them out' later. He's saved all the gods of Asgard for when the universe is rebuilt. It remains to be seen though just where he lets them out. Does he take a trip to Battleworld and let them out to crush Doom? or does he wait for a new world to be rebuilt by Silver Surfer and then let them out there?

Also, just a quibble, but Loki had switched back to male before he packaged away the gods, so... wasn't technically 'girl Loki' that did that. And, actually, probably not necessary to really specify at all. It's not like Loki becomes a different character or anything, so just 'Loki' is fine for either way. I mean, it's not like you say 'guy Loki' when in male form. just saying.

He was missing some memories as fem-Loki, I took the switch back as to mean he got back all the memories since he was facing off with King Loki proper again. Anyway, it's still Loki. He could be in his rainbow unicorn form and it'll still be him (though I would probably give him a cute pony nickname, just cause).

I think Loki was just being cagey, not revealing exactly how much they remembered or not, and as time went on more memories began trickling in, had nothing to do with gender in the slightest.