Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicjoke21 View Post
    Honestly though, this was just such a huge deal, when you think about it. Loki finally achieved that change he was seeking, finally arrived at a place where he's OKAY with himself, where he accepts himself, and it doesn't matter what anyone else says or thinks. That's literally a first for Loki. The way it literally didn't matter to him that Odin told him he was Thor's equal, didn't care what Freyja thought, etc... Man, I just think it was epic. And in the end, he ended up saving them all. They all died a glorious death, but Loki's the reason they'll continue on into a new reality. He's the ultimate hero here. It's amazing, truly, when you think of the journey he's been through, and all he's suffered and went through to get here. But he's here, and he's got a true and genuine friend in Verity, and just as she doesn't put any expectations on him, he doesn't put any expectations on her. They both accept each other for who they are. I just think the emotional depth of this story has been extraordinary, and Loki's genuinely become one of the richest, most wonderful characters the entire Marvel universe has to offer. He was bad-ass here, the way he confronted King Loki too. So bravo to Al and Lee both, for creating such an extraordinary book. I'm really looking forward to the conclusion.
    I am also. This is something we've been waiting for so long, and I'm excited to see Loki get real growth and independence from being Thor's Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    I'm loving the idea of Loki not giving a crap about either side. Why should he at this point? And because the entire realms are so scripted, it's the one thing that I don't think any of the other gods will be able to accept. Ironically, it might get him the attention he was always looking for from them.
    Though there's still alternate-Lokis around. Sif-Loki was in A-Force, I think I saw another Loki somewhere but honestly couldn't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    He's calling himself the Moon-King among his new titles, and this just occurred to me...is there a Moon on Battleworld? And what is that Moon?

If there is, maybe it's actually the orb holding all the Asgardians in safety, circling Battleworld or something.
    Moon-Queen actually. Which is very interesting as the Norse pantheon has a moon goddess, Nana, who just happens to be married to Balder. I've been saying Balder and Loki should get some kind of relationship since Balder is god of goodness and light and Loki has been the deception and broken truth god (lies). I've also been saying Balder is probably one of the only gods who can really scare Loki. I expect Marvel to begin something with these two that could be hilarious and awesome, since Balder could stand a lot more development.

He called himself the Moon-king at the end after he transformed back into male again. Moon-monach could probably work for both, rolls off the tongue too.

Quote Originally Posted by Post Monster View Post
    Moon-Queen actually. Which is very interesting as the Norse pantheon has a moon goddess, Nana, who just happens to be married to Balder. I've been saying Balder and Loki should get some kind of relationship since Balder is god of goodness and light and Loki has been the deception and broken truth god (lies). I've also been saying Balder is probably one of the only gods who can really scare Loki. I expect Marvel to begin something with these two that could be hilarious and awesome, since Balder could stand a lot more development.
    The "Moon King/Queen" is a metaphor, Iīm not sure whatīs exactly the meaning, at first I thought it was related to be the counterpart of Thor (sun), but now...Iīm not sure , but I donīt think it has something to do with the actual moon
    Also I want too see more of Balder too, given the current status of Loki, Thor and the Realms in general, it would be interesting to see him as a recurring character again.

A moon is a satellite, it revolves around the earth and affects it with its gravity without direct contact. It's light is also not true light, but reflection of the 'true light' of the sun. So taking Loki's new role as God of Stories, the 'light' of his stories are the reflection of some truth, but not fully. And the moon is crucial to the earth even if they never meet, because its gravity causes the waves in the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I didn't realise she changed back to male Loki. I just wanted to differentiate between the Lokis. It's confusing sometimes.

From what you're saying, Loki now becomes the most powerful Asgardian, or Aesir, because he stands outside the 10 worlds and saves everyone including Odin and Freya? It's a special place for Loki to be in. I would have expected Odin to do this, not Loki.
    Like i said, there is no need to differentiate most of the time. It's the exact same character no matter what form they are in.

And I dunno if he is more powerful than Odin, more that he has a special skill that is useful in the current situation. It is a definite power upgrade, for sure. Because he is the 'god of stories' he can stand outside of the narrative while others are bound to it. That's how he did it. And it's not the first time he's done it, even Kid Loki has modified the story before, this is just a larger scale. But like i said before, existing in the void after the universe is destroyed, while special, isn't like 'omguberpowerful' special. Silver Surfer and his companion (a regular human) survived, and Reed Richards designed a way to survive the end as well. That doesn't make them more powerful than Odin, same goes for Loki. It's special, don't get me wrong. and being able to edit the story as he sees fit does make him essentially a powerful reality warper. But it's not THAT special.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-25-2015 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    A moon is a satellite, it revolves around the earth and affects it with its gravity without direct contact. It's light is also not true light, but reflection of the 'true light' of the sun. So taking Loki's new role as God of Stories, the 'light' of his stories are the reflection of some truth, but not fully. And the moon is crucial to the earth even if they never meet, because its gravity causes the waves in the sea.
    I thought about the moon being important to the earth, so it doesnīt matter if itīs no the sun, itīs still crucial, but I never though about the "reflection of the true light" thatīs a good on, I like it
    Last edited by Shura; 07-25-2015 at 06:56 AM.

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    I thought about the moon being important to the earth, so it doesnīt matter if itīs no the sun, itīs still crucial, but I never though about the "reflection of the true light" thatīs a good on, I like it
    The Moon is also used as a simbol of trickster deities, beings full of wisdom and secrets and primal knowledge. The Moon Major Arcana in Tarot is 100% present Loki.
    My favorite new title for Loki is The Magic Theatre, maybe because i am a big fan of Umineko no Naku Koro Ni, he's such a Beatrice and King L sooo Bernkastel!

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Like i said, there is no need to differentiate most of the time. It's the exact same character no matter what form they are in.

And I dunno if he is more powerful than Odin, more that he has a special skill that is useful in the current situation. It is a definite power upgrade, for sure. Because he is the 'god of stories' he can stand outside of the narrative while others are bound to it. That's how he did it. And it's not the first time he's done it, even Kid Loki has modified the story before, this is just a larger scale. But like i said before, existing in the void after the universe is destroyed, while special, isn't like 'omguberpowerful' special. Silver Surfer and his companion (a regular human) survived, and Reed Richards designed a way to survive the end as well. That doesn't make them more powerful than Odin, same goes for Loki. It's special, don't get me wrong. and being able to edit the story as he sees fit does make him essentially a powerful reality warper. But it's not THAT special.
    When someone says, Loki, and there's two or three floating around, I think it's important to differentiate, but that's just me.

As for Loki being special to the Aesir, if Loki didn't collect the 10 worlds stories and put it in his pocket, PFTTT, nothing. That makes him pretty important. Yes other people survived in the white Space too, but to the Aesir, Loki is like God Doom right now.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post

Hm. Isn't this particularly pointed towards gods, other mythological creatures and beings of great power? Because stories accrue around beings of power and certainly hem in and constrain the gods. Might be less sway over purely physical things and just plain people with no strong story to tell....

BANNED

[duplicate message]
    Last edited by gwangung; 07-25-2015 at 08:04 PM.

When someone says, Loki, and there's two or three floating around, I think it's important to differentiate, but that's just me.

As for Loki being special to the Aesir, if Loki didn't collect the 10 worlds stories and put it in his pocket, PFTTT, nothing. That makes him pretty important. Yes other people survived in the white Space too, but to the Aesir, Loki is like God Doom right now.
    But there are only 2 right now. The only one you have to specify is King Loki, because that is an (almost) entirely separate character. When Loki switches genders, he/she does not become a different character, thus there is absolutely no need to differentiate between them unless the gender flip plays some important part. In this case, it did not, it had absolutely zero relevance to the story at hand. Think of Loki's gender flips and other shape shifting as him changing clothes. Wearing a different 'outfit' (body) does not change who the character IS. That's all I am trying to say. Loki is a shapeshifter and is now canonically non-binary, they are going to be changing forms a LOT, but he/she will always still be Loki.

And it is a big deal. I'm just saying that doing this one thing doesn't make him more powerful than Odin. It just means he is capable of doing this one thing that Odin did/could not. On average, I am sure Odin is still the most powerful. and as gwangung said, it has been established in the book and elsewhere already that the gods are 'creatures of story' as such they can be influenced by changes to the story more than a mortal probably could. thus Loki has more power over them, which he may not necessarily have elsewhere.
    Last edited by Raye; 07-26-2015 at 02:55 AM.

That reminds me of God Doom also, not picking sides on Battleworld, and letting whatever befall how it may.
    Except supposedly when the Shield has been breached in the past (which might be real, what with Battleworld supposedly being around for eight years), he's repaired things, so he's against the zombies and the Ultrons and the Annihilation Wave to at least a certain degree.

Just the moon, Knowhere, the Celestial head, where the Guardians of the Galaxy hang out, with all the aliens. Mind you the Goddess Khonshu is on Battleworld, and doesn't she have something to do with Moon Knights? See even that reference is a contradiction. If there is no Moon, (I think the Sumerians called it Kingu), in the sense of Earths Moon, how can there be a Goddess of the Moon?
    Why would the Sumerian term matter to an Egyptian god?