Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I think the Magneto/Psylocke frenemies thing should be pretty interesting but I've had enough of the Psylocke/Fantomex thing. It was old by the end of Remender's run and even though Spurrier made it a little more tolerable I think the horse is beyond dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I'm honestly not remotely interested in this volume of Uncanny considering nothing about the looks of this feels like X-Men. I would've loved an Uncanny that was led by Rachel containing X-Men who are strangers to 616 who were survivors of Secret Wars.
    Doesnt feel like xmen? Lol

It stars a popular Xman with Psylocke and a host of its greatest and most popular villains. Two of which are main characters in the xmen movies.

Besides this isnt the entire cast as Bunn had already stated.

Alt reality survivors would feel less like xmen then this.

I for one am looking forward to more Magneto written by Bunn and love Psylocke. The connections these specific characters have with each other eill provide some interesting drama.

Only downside is Lands horrid artwork.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JL81790 View Post
    I think the Magneto/Psylocke frenemies thing should be pretty interesting but I've had enough of the Psylocke/Fantomex thing. It was old by the end of Remender's run and even though Spurrier made it a little more tolerable I think the horse is beyond dead.

Magneto and psylocke are not frenemies. Their interactions were bad. Hell Magneto blackmailed Betsy during schism.

Quote Originally Posted by Hariel0079 View Post
    Magneto and psylocke are not frenemies. Their interactions were bad. Hell Magneto blackmailed Betsy during schism.
    I do think they can be called as frenemies. They have pretty descent interaction apart from the 'blackmailing'. I love their intraction during AvX. Mags always try to taunt and troll Betsy but she just didn't care much. They're not the best of friends and that makes the interaction interesting.

And calling this book as evil mutants is a bit much. Apart from Mystique (and questionably inverted Sabertooth) I don't think the rest of the casts are 'evil'. Even Fantomex turned evil just recently due the imbalance of his nervous system (being separated from his other brains).

The casts are close enough like Carey's X-Men (Rogue team), which consists of Cable (militant - like Magneto), Mystique, Lady Mastermind, Sabertooth (still evil), Karima Shapandar (ex evil Sentinel) as well as other X-Men (Northstar, Canonball and Iceman).

Last edited by MetalPsyc; 07-24-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    And calling this book as evil mutants is a bit much. Apart from Mystique (and questionably inverted Sabertooth) I don't think the rest of the casts are 'evil'. Even Fantomex turned evil just recently due the imbalance of his nervous system (being separated from his other brains).

The casts are close enough like Carey's X-Men (Rogue team), which consists of Cable (militant - like Magneto), Mystique, Lady Mastermind, Sabertooth (still evil), Karima Shapandar (ex evil Sentinel) as well as other X-Men (Northstar, Canonball and Iceman).
    It's accurate though. Try and hide it with the fact another writer uses some of the same characters won't work for many of us. In Carey's book, Sabretooth was a prisoner and was there only because he was being hunted by someone, once that issue was resolved he was ditched. Cable and Karima are not evil (I mean for one Karima didn't have a choice). Yet at least this that team there are signs of the X-men... not 5 killers.

I have nothing against Bunn, he's a good writer but I'm just on interested in a book about these characters, at all, whatever the premise. None of them. Greg Land doesn't help the situation. I was a fan of Psylocke once, now she's nothing like that character anymore. I wouldn't understand how she and Sabretooth can even exist together, even if he is apparently 'turned' (biggest cop out there Marvel bravo!). I won't be reading it, regardless of who gets added. Just doesn't feel like the X-men to me.

Fantomex kills any possible interest in this. It is sad because Cullen Bunn is a good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    It's accurate though. Try and hide it with the fact another writer uses some of the same characters won't work for many of us. In Carey's book, Sabretooth was a prisoner and was there only because he was being hunted by someone, once that issue was resolved he was ditched. Cable and Karima are not evil (I mean for one Karima didn't have a choice). Yet at least this that team there are signs of the X-men... not 5 killers.

I have nothing against Bunn, he's a good writer but I'm just on interested in a book about these characters, at all, whatever the premise. None of them. Greg Land doesn't help the situation. I was a fan of Psylocke once, now she's nothing like that character anymore. I wouldn't understand how she and Sabretooth can even exist together, even if he is apparently 'turned' (biggest cop out there Marvel bravo!). I won't be reading it, regardless of who gets added. Just doesn't feel like the X-men to me.
    I would put Magneto the same category as Cable. They're both militant dan will do what's necessary for mutantkind. The thing about Uncanny , we don't know exactly how the team will play out yet. All the information we know is the solicit for issue #1 and one interview with Cullen. Whereas we all already know what happened in Carey's X-men. Mystique/Sabertooth or even Fantomex might be on a leash. Even inverted Sabertooth was put on a leash on Uncanny Avengers vol.2 despite being inverted.
    We could also can say the same thing for Karima to Fantomex. He was programmed by Weapon X, being separated from his other brains might do the damage/break down like he recently had.

As for Psylocke, some might not like her development and I understand it but I actually has been enjoying her evolution as a character.

On the other hand, I wish we could get another artist than Land. I prefer Mike Deodato or Salvador Larocca to draw Uncanny. I think their style suits the tone of the book.

Sabretooth is inverted so he will be kinda similar to Exiles Sabretooth

Magneto is an antihero type now so hes not a villain

Fantomex and Psylocke are xmen and xforcers.

So these are grey area but not villains really.

Except Mystique since shes been written as bat shite crazy lately.

But with her Im sure theres a reason.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

BANNED

Friggin' Mystique - AGAIN! - and the lame choice of "inverted", lol, Sabretooth, but ESPECIALLY Fantomex & the wantonly uninspired efforts of Land... are SERIOUS deal-breakers, and will INSURE...

... this as another nail in the coffin of the X-Men's pop culture prevalence & eventually... their relevance. Marvel will say they're justified when they inevitably cancel it, due to what undoubtedly will be its increasingly low sales.

Just another X-casualty of Marvel's unending game of chicken, that they're engaged in with Fox, is what these creative choices represent to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I would put Magneto the same category as Cable. They're both militant dan will do what's necessary for mutantkind. The thing about Uncanny , we don't know exactly how the team will play out yet. All the information we know is the solicit for issue #1 and one interview with Cullen. Whereas we all already know what happened in Carey's X-men. Mystique/Sabertooth or even Fantomex might be on a leash. Even inverted Sabertooth was put on a leash on Uncanny Avengers vol.2 despite being inverted.
    We could also can say the same thing for Karima to Fantomex. He was programmed by Weapon X, being separated from his other brains might do the damage/break down like he recently had.

As for Psylocke, some might not like her development and I understand it but I actually has been enjoying her evolution as a character.
    I can see the appeal of many of these things for many people, just for me, it doesn't work. I don't read the X-men to read about 3 of their greatest villains and 1 guy I have absolutely no interest in. I mean none what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    Sabretooth is inverted so he will be kinda similar to Exiles Sabretooth
    This inverted crap doesn't fly with me. It's stupid. He's Sabretooth and he's a cold hearted murder who tried to kill Psylocke. Inverted or not you just don't change 1 aspect of your personality, it makes no sense.
    Last edited by The Fury; 07-24-2015 at 02:47 AM.

Why can't they just use Exiles Sabretooth if he is same as inverted Sabretooth?

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Why can't they just use Exiles Sabretooth if he is same as inverted Sabretooth?
    I think Exiles Sabertooth (earth-295) died on Age of Apocalypse and Exiles crossover (X-terminated).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Inverted or not you just don't change 1 aspect of your personality, it makes no sense.
    Ordinarily that may be the case, but keep in mind the change in Sabretooth was already by unusual and unnatural means. It's not like Creed woke up one day deciding he's going to start playing nice.

Even after all this time it took reading this thread to realize Fantomex is in this... I seriously have that character on ignore in my mind. Blegh.

I like that this team that this team seems more like X-Force than X-Men, I think that's sort of the point that will be explored. It'll be interesting to see why they are together or whether they have any ties with Storm's unit. It sort of feels like an extreme version of Gillen's E-Team. Crossing fingers we get moments like this:

The only negatives to this I can see are Land, cause I tire of the posing and smiling easily and Mystique, cause Marvel can't pick a personality with her. Hopefully Bunn can fix that. I can ignore Fanto, as long as his plots are skipable I'll be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ordinarily that may be the case, but keep in mind the change in Sabretooth was already by unusual and unnatural means. It's not like Creed woke up one day deciding he's going to start playing nice.
    I know but technically that is the case. Magic is magic and weird, right? However it seemed like a bad idea from the off. It's like the person that wrote it (Remenber right?) never read Mark Gruenwald's Squadron Supreme... changing a persons very mind, feelings and personality is a huge ethical question/minefield. If someone's mind is forcably changed, do you trust them?

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I like that this team that this team seems more like X-Force than X-Men, I think that's sort of the point that will be explored.
    I think if there was no Uncanny X-men book and it was called Uncanny X-force, there would be very few issues. People wouldn't think of it as an X-men book and the X-force mantle would fit it better therefore more people might be willing to read it.
    Last edited by The Fury; 07-24-2015 at 05:20 AM.