Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    You are wishful thinking here.

Laura is not important to Secret Wars whatsoever so there would be no reason to take up the mantle in the event. Destiny said Wolverine would be needed. It was all about Logan. Laura taking the mantle is a seperate event 8 months after Secret Wars. Laura died in the incursion along with everyone else.
    No, it's a missed opportunity which shows that writers at Marvel don't really give a **** about what other writers are doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    It infuriates me that Rachel was considered to be on this team, but instead they decided to exclude her in favor of the awful Fantomex and the genocidal Sabretooth.
    More people would have been interested in this book if it was Rachel and not either Fantomex or Sabretooth

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Didnt something happen to Magneto in this last issue? And I do remember him saying something about inverted Sabretooth. Thank you for the reminder.
    Now hopefully the other 3 are 616.

I don't view this as X-Men either but I still wanna pick it up because of Bunn and some of the characters featured.

Magneto/Psylocke interaction

Fantomex/Psylocke interaction

Sabretooth/Psylcoke interaction

Like she really should be the farthest away from this team but Im intrigued to see why she's on it or why this team considers themselves X-Men

Plus you got Mystique/Sabretooth and didnt Fantomex and Mystique have something in her solo run? I could be wrong.

I want to see how Mystique and Psylocke interact.

Lots of questions to be answered. I hope people give it a shot.
    For me it is more like a joke a complete villain/anti-hero roster we don't have any of these already don't we ?! xD
    Okay it is a joke but it isn't funny either we have weird characters running in old caps or such villain/anti-hero teams or their hobby were planning genocide pre SW *ugha* That are some choices.

I'm a fan of Mystique and after hearing that she would be a character on the team. Not to mention her actions at the end of Wolverines made me wonder how they plan to explain her presence on the team. It's too bad Rachel was passed over in favour of Fantomex. I don't dislike either character just that I would have preferred Rachel more.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Where was it said Rachel was almost a part of this team? Just out of curiosity.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Where was it said Rachel was almost a part of this team? Just out of curiosity.
    I think it's one of the X-Position with Alonso and Bunn. Bunn mentioned that initially he intended to use Rachel and Nightcrawler but Lamire got Nightcrawler first. But I don't recall anything said that Rachel is being replaced by Fantomex

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I think it's one of the X-Position with Alonso and Bunn. Bunn mentioned that initially he intended to use Rachel and Nightcrawler but Lamire got Nightcrawler first. But I don't recall anything said that Rachel is being replaced by Fantomex
    He said something about not being able to use Rachel since she was too similar to Jeen on the Extraordinary team.

This is what he said about not using Rachel on the other thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Cullen Bunn View Post
    That's not really the case. Jeff did pick his team before I came onto Uncanny, and I didn;t want to double up on any one team member... but I had a HUGE list of mutants to choose from (pretty much every other character). My line-up went through many changes until I found the team I thought would work best.
    I would have loved to put Rachel on the team... but I just didn't think she worked in the line-up I was creating. Had nothing to do with Jeff's team.
    Nope... The only thing that prevented me from putting her on the team is that she didn't fit the book's "mission statement". Believe me, it was tough, because she's my all-time favorite character. But I thought it better to leave her off the team and possibly see her somewhere else in the line than try to force her into a book that just wouldn't work for her.
    and this is what he said on SDCC:

The conversation then shifted to how the X-teams were formed. Alonso said that he started with Lemire, and at the writer's first retreat the "Extraordinary" talks solidified. "Magneto" got Bunn on Alonso's radar. With Lemire on the core book, he got the first pick of characters to build around. Hopeless' situation was different, as he's inheriting a cast from a pre-existing book.

"Jeff took Nightcrawler and wouldn't give him up," said Bunn. "I knew Jeff's team and the book I was putting together and roster kept changing. One of my rosters at one time had Rachel Grey and Nate Grey on it because I love both those characters. But I really wanted to do a book that could easily be differentiated from what Jeff's doing. This was the team, where we landed with Magneto and this group, these are two different X-books that show different sides of the world.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...fferent-marvel
    Last edited by MetalPsyc; 07-26-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Magneto and Bunn make this book a must buy for me.

Still inverted Sabretooth will be interesting and Psylocke too. Also I love that they're back with the classic costumes.

The negatives: Mystique, Fantomex and Greg Land.

Quote Originally Posted by SidheKnight View Post
    Magneto and Bunn make this book a must buy for me.

Still inverted Sabretooth will be interesting and Psylocke too. Also I love that they're back with the classic costumes.

The negatives: Mystique, Fantomex and Greg Land.
    Are we sure that Sabretooth is still inverted, especially if he's back to his classic costume? He's been pretty well groomed since being inverted rather than his normal wild look.

I think we might see a new costume. Land uses the classic costume cause they're the most recognized ones.
    That.. he just being lazy
    http://psylocke-butterfly.blogspot.c...canny.html?m=1

So yeah.. i think Sabertooth is still inverted

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    More people would have been interested in this book if it was Rachel and not either Fantomex or Sabretooth
    Oh, I seriously doubt that. Maybe a handful from these message boards, but not in general. And Nate Grey is a bigger negative than Fantomex IMO.

I'm probably going to stick with Extraordinary. This lineup looks too X-Force-esque for my liking. The only character that I like here is Magneto. I really wish the X-Office would stop trying to make Fantomex happen.
    Storm Wolverine Nightcrawler Colossus Shadowcat Rogue Phoenix Magneto
    Mirage Cannonball Karma Sunspot Wolfsbane Magik Magma Cypher Warlock
    Jubilee Synch M Chamber Skin Husk

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    He said something about not being able to use Rachel since she was too similar to Jeen on the Extraordinary team.
    Nope. Never said that at all.

What I said was that I considered Rachel for one iteration of the team... but I decided against it. As much as I like Rachel, I'd rather not put her in a story where she doesn't work.

Spectacular Member

Nope. Never said that at all.

What I said was that I considered Rachel for one iteration of the team... but I decided against it. As much as I like Rachel, I'd rather not put her in a story where she doesn't work.
    Which actually shows how much you care about the character. Appreciate the honesty.