Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Default Netflix.... Doin' it for themseves

Howdy!

I've been tuned into Netflix for over a year now. On the 'old' boards I started a thread about Hemlock Grove. You may remember it.......? Ok, maybe not. I thought it was a brilliant series. A lot of people disagreed. Yeah well, you know, that's like, just their opinion man..... I for one am pleased there'll be season 2 coming out in a few months.

I recently got into the From Dusk Till Dawn tv series. I loved the original movie, and thought that the tv series started really well. The back story just seemed to expand really naturally, filling in gaps that just made sense..... however the ending in the last 2 episodes didn't really fulfil the potential. Oh well. Hopefully there'll be a second series though, as the characters were really well acted and (no spoilers) there's a lot of potential to develop that in a second series.

With other great 'home grown' Netflix series to catch up on like 'Orange is the New Black' and 'House of Cards' (I haven't seen either of them) I reckon Netflix is going from strength to strength and the future bodes well for Daredevil, Iron Fist and the other Marvel properties on the horizon!

Any other Netflix enthusiasts out there?
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Writing on the wall The Celtic Batman's Avatar

Ok, you got me, so it should say 'themselves'.....
    We're all the Doom Patrol!!!
    Opinions come in all shapes and sizes.
    But they're still just opinions yo

Amazing Member

I really enjoyed ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK, and have heard nothing but good things about HOUSE OF CARDS.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Cunard View Post
    I really enjoyed ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK, and have heard nothing but good things about HOUSE OF CARDS.
    Really? Well let me offer a counterpoint to those good things about House of Cards: It is cynical to the point of being self-parody. If you were to compare it to Game of Thrones, you would find that one is an over the top fantasy series featuring people with magical powers manipulating the fate of the world, and the other is a tv show with dragons in it.

Incredible Member

I thought that Hemlock was a little 'soap-opery' but I liked it. Looking forward to a season 2. Didn't know DTD was on Netflix, thought it was just on Rodriguez's channel.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

The title of this thread makes me want Netflix to hire Aretha Franklin and Annie Lennox to sing a theme song for them.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Really? Well let me offer a counterpoint to those good things about House of Cards: It is cynical to the point of being self-parody. If you were to compare it to Game of Thrones, you would find that one is an over the top fantasy series featuring people with magical powers manipulating the fate of the world, and the other is a tv show with dragons in it.
    Game of Thrones was inspired by the dark ages. The only thing that changed about politics since then is more participation and less assassination. It's way better than the West Wing and it's fantasy world.

I've been a subscriber since January 27, 2005. I only use it for renting DVDs, though. I've never been much for streaming, although I did stream some TV shows they had in the summer of 2011. That's how I finally saw the first series of Sherlock and first two series of Coupling, and I revisited Fawlty Towers and Wings, one of my all-time favorite shows.

But once they split rental and streaming into two separate plans you had to pay for, I stayed with the rental portion. Streaming was kind of annoying at times, plus there was just more I wanted to see available for renting than there was for streaming. I don't know how many titles I've rented in nearly ten years, but when I scroll through my shipping activity it's a lot.
    My Blog | Tumblr
    * Original Join Date: September 2010