Boisterously Confused

Default What are the conventions of Superhero comics today?

I'm one of those that grew up when the Justice League still crossed dimensions to team up with the JSA every year, and the Vision was supplanting Hawkeye as the central mainstay of The Avengers. American Superhero comics as a genre had some fairly consistent conventions back then:
    • There was a generally-recognized (if not always legal) definition of right that justified bashing of heads.
    • More often than not, the good guy maintained a secret identity.
    • Non-US-majority-socio-ethnic group characters were usually defined by some kind of shorthand for their race and/or culture.
    • The future was likely to be positive, partially because the good guys were fighting those that would undermine it.
    • Major superheroes were more likely to have a major love interest, but less likely to be married.
    • (a bunch of others that I won't take the time to list/propose)

So my question, what are the conventions of today's superhero comics that are different than those of say, pre-Crisis on Infinite Earth superhero comics?

There are probably less conventions now.

You can get old-fashioned comics harkening back to multiple eras. You can get many varieties of more modern comics. And then there's stuff that's so weird to avoid any serious connection to other comics.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets