Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Who do you think will be the next writer?

Who do you think will be the next writer after Azarello's departure after #36?

1) Let us not rehash the Finch rumors, Johnston's reliability has been shot in regards to DC in recent months. So that rumor is probably suspect. He got Daniel on Titans wrong and has been scraping off stuff from 4chan.

2) Potential candidates. The assoc. editor for WW is Chris Conroy and group editor is Matt Idelson. Conroy-Idelson got Charles Soule on Red Lanterns and Swamp Thing. Scott Snyder on Superman Unchained. Jeff Parker on Aquaman. Van Jensen on GLC. Cullen Bunn on Sinestro. Do you think anyone of these guys have any chance?

3) Or is it a dark horse candidate? Maybe someone from outside DC?

Hasn't this already been addressed?

Astonishing Member

Please read my first point.

BANNED

Johnston was right about DC events, now about Daniel he was wrong twice.

Matt Idelson won't stay at DC, now Conroy IK
    scott snyder is too busy, he has a weekly, Batman, wytches for Image and he is a teacher too. But he said he has a story to tell with WW, hope onde day (soon) he will have time.

Jeff Parker would be my choice, less dark like his aquaman and batman 66'

I would like to see someone different, IDK like someone from Image or Marvel. WW needs freshness

I'm not willing to write off the Finch rumors yet.

But if it isn't true, I'd probably lean toward them turning to Soule.

The thread also assumes there will be another writer continuing the title.

Factoring in that the current creative team is discussing wrapping it up without any mention of a new team, it does not seem unrealistic that the current run will end this volume and start again in a couple of months. DC has done this on a couple of titles recently.

BANNED

I've been working my way through The Sixth Gun, and I think that Cullen Bunn would be exactly right if they want to keep the same kind of tone and style after Azz leaves.

I do think it's more likely we'll get somebody like Finch or Lobdell though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

Factoring in that the current creative team is discussing wrapping it up without any mention of a new team, it does not seem unrealistic that the current run will end this volume and start again in a couple of months. DC has done this on a couple of titles recently.
    I think that coud happen, but we'd still have basically the same question: who's going to write Wonder Woman [when she restarts with a new issue 1]?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post

That's more a Marvel thing than a DC thing, isn't it? Jim Starlin didn't get a new #1 on Stormwatch when he completely retconned the previous writer's work out of existance in his first issue.

Either way, a new volume of Wonder Woman will have a new writer. It's not going to be Azzarello.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I'm hoping for a writer who respects and appreciates all aspects of Wonder Woman's world, not just the mythological side. I also want someone who will reinvent her rogues gallery instead of creating just new villains or relying on public domain characters. Hopefully we'll see Wonder Woman accomplish amazing feats while inspiring others to live up to their full potential. I'd also like to see her interact with the larger DC Universe from time to time and build a strong relationship with Donna Troy.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

I thought it's been already announced:
    Meredith and David Finch (husband & wife) will be taking over the Wonder Woman title.
    Is there some new info I'm missing?
    "If I wanted smooth,I'd be with Hal Jordan."

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Want: Kanthryn Immonen, Charles Soule (haven't read SMWW, though)

In reality, even if we don't get Finch, we will probably get an equally uninspired choice. It would be really nice to see a couple new talents break through on WW.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

Kathryn Immonen would be my top choice, if the Finch thing doesn't pan out. Her Journey Into Mystery was awesome.

BANNED

Wasn't the uh, Finches officially confirmed?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Wasn't the uh, Finches officially confirmed?
    No, it was never confirmed by DC, Finch or his wife. I think if he wasn't going to work on WW, he could had denied