Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The thread also assumes there will be another writer continuing the title.

Factoring in that the current creative team is discussing wrapping it up without any mention of a new team, it does not seem unrealistic that the current run will end this volume and start again in a couple of months. DC has done this on a couple of titles recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's more a Marvel thing than a DC thing, isn't it? Jim Starlin didn't get a new #1 on Stormwatch when he completely retconned the previous writer's work out of existance in his first issue.
    While that is true, new volumes(complete with new first issues) of Suicide Squad and Teen Titans are coming out in the very near future.

Factoring in that the current Wonder Woman run was not for everyone and many characters a new writer might want to use could be dead when this run ends, a new volume seems like a realistic possibility.

Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

Factoring in that the current creative team is discussing wrapping it up without any mention of a new team, it does not seem unrealistic that the current run will end this volume and start again in a couple of months. DC has done this on a couple of titles recently.
    Based on New52 precedent, it is also possible that the current creative team has no idea of what's going to happen next.
    Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

BANNED

Azz seems to be pretty down about leaving in recent interviews. Maybe he'll continue past the three-year mark.

I'm Drowning For You Imraith Nimphais's Avatar

Phil Jimenez...writing and art.
    Sun and Moon
    STORM #1...Greg Pak (W) Victor Ibanez (A/CA)...July 23rd 2014
    Those who embrace nature are in turn embraced by her.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    Phil Jimenez...writing and art.

As much as I would LOVE that, I highly doubt that would happen. Phil has said numerous times that he does not care for the overhaul that Azzarello has given to Wonder Woman's world so I can't see Phil wanting to play in this arena unless DC gave him the green light to make major changes to it. At the same time, if there's anyone who could reinvigorate Wonder Woman's world from it's current dark state, it's Phil.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

A fresh reboot and new #1 would be very welcome.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

Amazing Member George Caltsoudas's Avatar

No idea but I'd really love to see them do a comic adaptation of those cool sexy Cartoon Network shorts. Lose the jet and give her that invisible Pontiac!

Factoring in that the current Wonder Woman run was not for everyone and many characters a new writer might want to use could be dead when this run ends, a new volume seems like a realistic possibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    It will be interesting to see what is left to use at the end of the run.

As for a "clean slate" reboot, that would have it's pros and cons. DC is not in an enviable position when it comes to how to follow this run.

Amazing Member

I tend to think the Finches thing was at least based on something real when Bleeding Cool reported it. They get things wrong occasionally but then, it's a changeable industry, and they get a lot right too. If it was complete fiction, I would have thought David Finch would deny it, or ignore it, rather than make a coy "I'm not saying anything but I love was Azzarello's done with the place!" kind of comment as he did on twitter.

I hope it's wrong or has changed though. I know he's an artist that sells, but I don't personally appreciate his style, and think the way he tends to draw women is a bad fit for Diana.

Regarding the idea that they'll cancel and relaunch the title? I don't think it's likely, but if it happens, it'll be immediate, without even the month or two they've got between Titans and Suicide Squads. Wonder Woman's been in continuous monthly publication for 70 years, excluding a couple of months right around Infinite Crisis. Along with Batman and Superman, I really can't see them ever cancelling her title. Relaunching, sure, but then we've still got the exact same question to answer.

Final point: in a recent interview, Chiang talked about wrapping up the storyline "in the Fall". Azzarello's talked about how they have about five issues left last month, which would have taken us to August. But it's hard to know if he was counting from what had been published, or if he meant he had five more to write, or...what. The point is, it sounds like it'll be August at the earliest, and quite possibly September or October before we get our last Azz/Chiang issue. I wouldn't expect to see an official announcement about a new creative team until pretty shortly before the solicits hit, and since we only just got July's solicits... Well I don't think the lack of announcement lends weight one way or another regarding the Finches rumour.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SteveGus View Post
    I would be very, very carefull what you wish for.

BANNED

yep, they can always reboot like the johns or Soule...and there goes another good WW personality.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Very true. That exactly how we got the current scenario.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

So if a wish Rucka, he will really write WW?
    I would like to see Bendis writing her...why not lol

Quote Originally Posted by toastedbread View Post
    Final point: in a recent interview, Chiang talked about wrapping up the storyline "in the Fall". Azzarello's talked about how they have about five issues left last month, which would have taken us to August. But it's hard to know if he was counting from what had been published, or if he meant he had five more to write, or...what. The point is, it sounds like it'll be August at the earliest, and quite possibly September or October before we get our last Azz/Chiang issue. I wouldn't expect to see an official announcement about a new creative team until pretty shortly before the solicits hit, and since we only just got July's solicits... Well I don't think the lack of announcement lends weight one way or another regarding the Finches rumour.
    I assumed it was going to end in October/November due to the solicits advertising the final arc of Azz's run. If that is not the case, and Azzarello is ending in August instead, it makes the Future End one shots interesting, because both the WW and SM/WW issues appear to be coordinated with each other, which is unusual. Since we don't know who's writing them, it is possible that this is where the new team starts. It's also a perfect jumping on and off point. But, my gut is telling me it's more likely to be Oct/Nov.

I'm kind of hoping for Soule, but he has like what, six books now, right? Adding another one might be overkill for him.