Page 67 of 118 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Wouldn't Monet go to jail if she dated teen Angel? Monet going to prison for dating a teenager doesn't seem like a good romance story to me.
    I don't like the pairing and I really want the teen O5 to go but as long as she isn't his teacher or team leader (or doesn't have any kind of authority over him) the age of consent is 15 in France and many European countries, so they'd always have Paris
    Last edited by Lutecius; 03-13-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

I want her to resurrect X-Factor.

BANNED

Can somebody post me of Monet's first appearance? And i mean the real Monet, not the twins who pretended to be Monet.

Thank you in advance.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Can somebody post me of Monet's first appearance? And i mean the real Monet, not the twins who pretended to be Monet.

Thank you in advance.
    That's kind of sticky. She wasn't ALWAYS supposed to be the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    That's kind of sticky. She wasn't ALWAYS supposed to be the twins.
    But he's asking about the retcon. Monet's first actual appearance based on that was Gen X 40

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omegarogue View Post
    Well technically Monet and Roberto are biracial.

I would like to see Soraya and Monet interact as they both have Arab blood and are Muslim, while Soraya covers and takes more religious teachings, Monet let's say it is more mundane XD,

I loved recovering M, I hated being merged with Marius, epro at least complied to return it to normal, it would be sad that Monet went to limbo being merged with his brother.

For all the Fnas de M, we would like it to be in some of the re-enactments of new lirms.

For me a dream team, it would be:

Title X-Men Green or Uncanny X-Men relaunched.

Writer Kelly Tompson: she is doing wonders in the mini RogueandGambit, I think she could do wonders with Monet too, or with a general team book, it is a writing that does her homework, and searches in the past of the characters, so they can go on , and that is currently difficult with writers today.

Cast:

Leader Rogue and Storm Co-leader.

The rest of the team, Gambit, Monet, Iceman, Wolverine (original not clones), Rachel, and some XKid that comes to mind.
    LOL being multiracial black is a thing, Halle Berry, Obama are still back. Lets be 100.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    But he's asking about the retcon. Monet's first actual appearance based on that was Gen X 40

Is it right to say Monet isn't black but when a colorist colored her darker, people have mistakenly identified her as black?

Is it right to say Monet isn't black but when a colorist colored her darker, people have mistakenly identified her as black?
    No she's black and has been colored dark since her inception. Its latter colorists, since X-Factor that have made her light

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Given the features she had, she was certainly intended as black.

Her complexion always varied.

She was could be very light brown or caramel, like sometimes depicted in Phalanx Covenant.
    Original Monet (2).jpg
    Or she would be dark chocolate, like later GenX chapters showed.

And looking at her father, he's definitely black.
    cartier-st-croix-5.jpg
    He was colored white in 2 cameo appearances. But when we actually meet his character, and see him interact with his family, there was no mistaking it. Same way her brother is also obviously black when you see him in human form.

So lets not start an agenda that Monet never was black. Because she obviously was. They just took the blackness off of her 2006 - 2014, possibly to make her look like a standard Algerian. Same way & reason she was randomly made Muslim out of nowhere, and her justifying it on the grounds that most Algerians are Muslims. There's a small percentage of black Africans in Algeria, so Monet's original blackness was not incorrect & didn't need to be changed.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 03-16-2018 at 08:53 AM.

BANNED

But how can she be black when the twins didnt look black. Even Mplate didnt look black,

How about their parents?

But how can she be black when the twins didnt look black. Even Mplate didnt look black,

How about their parents?
    Did you read my post. I JUST showed a pic of her father. You gonna tell me that's not a black man?

Here she is with Emplate, before he became a freak.
    Family-2.jpg

And here's her mother.
    Mere.jpg

Mighty Member

How about their parents?
    Why you so...

First Storm, now Monet. Stop white washing fictional black women. The father is black. The twins always looked black. Marius in his human form always looked black. And there mother was a lighter skinned POC that could be many things but white she was not. She has always been black. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Why you so...

First Storm, now Monet. Stop white washing fictional black women. The father is black. The twins always looked black. Marius in his human form always looked black. And there mother was a lighter skinned POC that could be many things but white she was not. She has always been black. Case closed.
    It's nice to think people are trolling when this happens....but sadly, I fear it may be real.

Going further, here's another pic of the family.
    Family.jpg
    Clearly a black family. Sorry for the bad quality

BANNED

How about their parents?
    Her mother was dead and her father was an Algerian diplomat. They had money since she was living in Monaco and was raise a rich spoiled brat. There is a very distinct difference between light skinned arab Algerians who rule the country and dark skinned subsaharan workers who live in Algeria.

There's no real distinction between arab and black when it comes to how artists/colorist depict someone in comics. If we're going by how it looks on paper then the new Ms. Marvel and Dust must be black. Even thought going by the text on the page they are not. In this case you can NOT tell by looking at a character what their ethnicity is you HAVE to go by what is written on the page as well.

To me it makes Monet a lot more important to have an arab woman depicted the way she is because there are SO little heroes of an arab background.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Why you so...

I didn't know but thank you for the answers.

Besides, since Monet's father is black then whether Monet is shown having a lil lighter skin color or not, she's black.