Page 102 of 118 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1758

Glad to see she is somewhere. Can we get a pic of the uniform you're talking about?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm glad that she's being used, but boo to Weapon X.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Glad to see she is somewhere. Can we get a pic of the uniform you're talking about?
    RCO013_w-1-1-1.jpg
    Here it is. Like I said, just her X-Factor outfit. Maybe this will become her official one. Seems like the one she's had longest.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-15-2018 at 03:52 PM.

@Silver Fang
    lol How can you give me news of this book possibly getting cancelled when it starts to improve and Monet appears in it!!!
    If issue 27 is the last issue, i hope it gets another chance. If Iceman can get one with its numbers, then Weapon X should be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    @Silver Fang
    lol How can you give me news of this book possibly getting cancelled when it starts to improve and Monet appears in it!!!
    If issue 27 is the last issue, i hope it gets another chance. If Iceman can get one with its numbers, then Weapon X should be able to.
    I imagine EVERY title is getting cancelled for a big relaunch/cleanup alongside Uncanny’s debut.

spoilers:
    i know its part of his powerset but Creed finding Monet by scent reminded me of their road trip in Uncanny and it made me LOL
    end of spoilers

is she just a guest or is she a surprise member of the team? Ive been avoiding that book bc of all the awful things people have been saying about it but M is enough to make me at least check it out. I cringe though bc I dont want her around those characters

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    is she just a guest or is she a surprise member of the team? Ive been avoiding that book bc of all the awful things people have been saying about it but M is enough to make me at least check it out. I cringe though bc I dont want her around those characters
    She feeeeels like she is a member but it is hard to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Abductor View Post
    @Silver Fang
    I am still on the fence. As always, I have no problems with the team or premise. But it needs a better writer on board. Bring the team back with a writer like Bunn, and we could really have something.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    She feeeeels like she is a member but it is hard to say.
    Yeah, I'm thinking she's just a guest, along with DP. But who knows if the book may not be around much longer.

I can't see Monet doing merc jobs. So being in 2 chapters, 3 at best, then taking her leave, I could see.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-15-2018 at 03:54 PM.

It was a pleasant surprise to see Monet in Weapon X. I really wasn't expecting it, I thought she'd just disappear until Rosenberg got to relaunch X-Factor.

Posted in the Upcoming X-Art thread, but figured here wouldn't hurt either.

It appears Monet is gonna be in Weapon X #24. Luca Pizzari, the artist showed this promo after he sent in the final page of the first chapter he drew.

So seems Monet will be in at least 2 more chapters. Maybe solicits / covers will show if she's joining the team or not. So far, her characterization doesn't seem bad. She's still badass & took on the entire Weapon X team, and clobbered Omega Red.

The biggest flaw was her being mind-controlled again, by Mentallo, who isn't known for his prowess, which Deathstrike points out. So though not good, i'm just gonna headcanon that Monet is still a bit shaken from Emplate's recent abuse of her, and being in a more vulnerable state made her an easier target than she normally would be.

But we gotta stop with the Monet being controlled genre. Seems that's happened to her in every book she's been in.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-16-2018 at 03:47 PM.

I agree with the mind control thing it's getting kind of old and ridiculous and once again they kind of forget and has a lot of superpowers and if mentallo unlocked her full potential wouldn't her telepathy be strong enough to punch through mentallos mind control?

side question: Is Monet's genius intellect a result of her mutation ?

Depends if Pak even knows Monet has any telepathy. After all, this very chapter Monet talks as if both her parents are alive when we know for a fact he mother is dead. Or how Monet has fought Deathstrike before, yet Yuriko had to ask Domino what Monet's powers were.

No secret this book has had issues with continuity. Like Warpath & his healing factor. Or how he could fly whenever the plot needed it.

Far as intellect, I guess it could be a part of her mutation. Another thing she was gifted with that makes her a near perfect mutant.

I feel like most writers have completely forgotten she's a genius. I would say it probably is an aspect of her powers, though as it's been gone since the early Gen X period, it's hard to say, and maybe it was just more her twin sister's deal.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Her being a genius I feel is still geared toward her being "Miss Perfect' and I think that was more of a twins idealization of their sister. Though it has never been totally explored for current Monet. I would at least say she probably has enhanced intellect like the rest of her attributes. I would put her above Cecelia but below Forge IMO.