Page 83 of 102 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1526
  1. #1231
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,620

    Default

    Well if said battle was something that she knew was coming then yeah it'd be weird for her to wear a fancy dress to the fight, but if she was at some swanky soiree and a battle broke out...then no, it wouldn't be so strange...

  2. #1232
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    No offence but a female character wearing an haute couture gown to battle is the most ridiculous thing ever. Does she also wear hot pink lipstick and a cat eye sharp enough to kill a man?
    I can name more than a few times Rogue and She Hulk has done all of this.

    This is X-men- we live for this kind of ridiculous happenstance. That’s why we call Jean ‘momjeans’ because look, I don’t expect the X-men to be in their training jumper 24/7.
    We see their personality and their whole life in how they dress outside of that because these are comic book characters and the visual cues we receive about them are in their design. Some characters are bolder than to wear sensible flats, no makeup, and momjeans to battle. One could argue that on both sides of the conversation, wearing a costume or wearing civvies at all is super ridiculous and no more wonderfully is that illustrated than with the x-men.

    I supposition Monet in a gown because she is factually a model. As such, models are paid to wear a designers clothes while out on in her regular life. And a s a character that seems like she’s be willing enough to get paid for being herself in gorgeous clothing she also seems like the kind of condescending mutant that would also get a huge kick it of destroying a dress made for her by human hands because of the antimutant world she lives in.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 05-14-2018 at 09:05 PM.

  3. #1233
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    I hope Monet goes through a barefoot phase tbh.��❤️

  4. #1234
    Jubilant Member Dementia5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    2,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I hope Monet goes through a barefoot phase tbh.��❤️
    Well, if she’s ever given a strict option between shoe shopping at Payless or going barefoot then you might get your wish.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    No-Justice-League-Detroit-You-Ain't-The-X-Men-No-Matter-How-Much-You-Break-Dance.

  5. #1235
    Mighty Member Thirteen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    On the subject of costume fashions for Monet..and a Scarlet Witch meta-influence on the design, I've been meaning to finish tinkering with this Daniel Acuna Uncanny Avengers Wanda costume to make it M (from the neck down obviously).
    Its got some of the fashion-y touches and there are subtle "M" shapes throughout most notably the leg pattern.

  6. #1236
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    I can honestly see Monet in something like this:
    68C38D7B-BF33-42BB-B052-417FD3CA6895.jpg

  7. #1237
    Spectacular Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    I can name more than a few times Rogue and She Hulk has done all of this.

    This is X-men- we live for this kind of ridiculous happenstance. That’s why we call Jean ‘momjeans’ because look, I don’t expect the X-men to be in their training jumper 24/7.
    We see their personality and their whole life in how they dress outside of that because these are comic book characters and the visual cues we receive about them are in their design. Some characters are bolder than to wear sensible flats, no makeup, and momjeans to battle. One could argue that on both sides of the conversation, wearing a costume or wearing civvies at all is super ridiculous and no more wonderfully is that illustrated than with the x-men.

    I supposition Monet in a gown because she is factually a model. As such, models are paid to wear a designers clothes while out on in her regular life. And a s a character that seems like she’s be willing enough to get paid for being herself in gorgeous clothing she also seems like the kind of condescending mutant that would also get a huge kick it of destroying a dress made for her by human hands because of the antimutant world she lives in.
    There's a difference between wearing mom jeans and a gown.... In gen x they all wore their uniform under their casual clothes. Monet has been in fights in "civilian" clothing but not once was she wearing a gown. Don't conflate your personal headcanon of monet as actual characterisation we've seen of her in comics. Monet can be condescending to other but she never felt superior to others because of her socioeconomic status but rather because she has a genius level intellect and she is after all as close to a perfect mutant as possible. Also Monet is not a model. She was on the cover of vanity fair that one time but that doesn't mean she's a model it was more of a socialite thing.

  8. #1238
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    She’s a socialite, then. “The toast of three continents” right? And the daughter of a diplomat. That’s a lifestyle of couture gowns.
    I’m just saying that it seems ridiculous to me for a character that can’t feel bullets or can bench vehicles, and that can literally hover over the ground, wearing heels doesn’t seem like a buzzard headcanon choice.

    And she’s not a perfect mutant, she’s a perfect HUMAN. Her powers are to take averything a HUMAN can do and do it superhumanly better.

    Plus it’s like yeah, having a woman in battle in thigh high boots and a swimsuit is mega ridiculous but somehow it makes sense for Storm to do this because she may not get wet but her clothing does etc. I like when functional costumes reference a persons personality and powerset together.
    Last edited by ohsnapulon5000; 05-16-2018 at 06:10 AM.

  9. #1239
    Spectacular Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    She’s a socialite, then. “The toast of three continents” right? And the daughter of a diplomat. That’s a lifestyle of couture gowns.
    I’m just saying that it seems ridiculous to me for a character that can’t feel bullets or can bench vehicles, and that can literally hover over the ground, wearing heels doesn’t seem like a buzzard headcanon choice.

    And she’s not a perfect mutant, she’s a perfect HUMAN. Her powers are to take averything a HUMAN can do and do it superhumanly better.

    Plus it’s like yeah, having a woman in battle in thigh high boots and a swimsuit is mega ridiculous but somehow it makes sense for Storm to do this because she may not get wet but her clothing does etc. I like when functional costumes reference a persons personality and powerset together.

    I mean it was both in gen x and uncanny that monet was the perfect mutant and anyways saying she's not the perfect mutant but the perfect human is a bit redundant considering mutants are a human sub specie

  10. #1240
    Spectacular Member frostedemma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    196

    Default

    We talked about costumes but I think Monet really needs an actual codename

  11. #1241
    Mysterious Telepath Spinster Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    She’s a socialite, then. “The toast of three continents” right? And the daughter of a diplomat. That’s a lifestyle of couture gowns.
    I’m just saying that it seems ridiculous to me for a character that can’t feel bullets or can bench vehicles, and that can literally hover over the ground, wearing heels doesn’t seem like a buzzard headcanon choice.

    And she’s not a perfect mutant, she’s a perfect HUMAN. Her powers are to take averything a HUMAN can do and do it superhumanly better.

    Plus it’s like yeah, having a woman in battle in thigh high boots and a swimsuit is mega ridiculous but somehow it makes sense for Storm to do this because she may not get wet but her clothing does etc. I like when functional costumes reference a persons personality and powerset together.
    Agreed. Monet’s feats can include kicking ass in heels and jewelry. Monet, in all of her incarnations, has been OTT.

  12. #1242
    Extraordinary Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    We talked about costumes but I think Monet really needs an actual codename
    Im fine with M

  13. #1243
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,870

    Default

    How strong do you think Monet would be if she fused dragon ball style with her 2 sisters? I like the idea that Monet + her 2 sisters + Marius fused, the 4 of them fused, would produce an omega level mutant

    And, could the end result be considered a person?
    Lets imagine her sisters are now 18 or 19, after all it's been a long time since the 90s. And her codename when the 3 of them are fused in a single beign is M3. Could M3 date a person or would be like the Cuckoos going on a date with the same guy?

  14. #1244
    Extraordinary Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    How strong do you think Monet would be if she fused dragon ball style with her 2 sisters? I like the idea that Monet + her 2 sisters + Marius fused, the 4 of them fused, would produce an omega level mutant

    And, could the end result be considered a person?
    Lets imagine her sisters are now 18 or 19, after all it's been a long time since the 90s. And her codename when the 3 of them are fused in a single beign is M3. Could M3 date a person or would be like the Cuckoos going on a date with the same guy?
    Her sisters are not that old. M was 8 years older than them and she definitely isnt 27. She is closer to 21, with her sisters being about 13

  15. #1245
    Mighty Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    I mean it was both in gen x and uncanny that monet was the perfect mutant and anyways saying she's not the perfect mutant but the perfect human is a bit redundant considering mutants are a human sub specie
    I feel like the meme at least posited in X-Factors run was that M was able to do a bunch of basic powers that are ostensibly just really heightened human functions, but she was really good at them.and that the other members of the team just saw her as a dilettante because there’s not one specifically ‘mutant’ power that she seeks to hone to another level. Because i’know, why try when ur perfect?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •