Page 103 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Her being a genius I feel is still geared toward her being "Miss Perfect' and I think that was more of a twins idealization of their sister. Though it has never been totally explored for current Monet. I would at least say she probably has enhanced intellect like the rest of her attributes. I would put her above Cecelia but below Forge IMO.
    But Reyes intellect isn't a mutation whereas Forge...Beasts(?) is

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    But Reyes intellect isn't a mutation whereas Forge...Beasts(?) is
    Exactly, I feel like her intelligence is more enhanced rather than being a genius so she falls in that area above a really smart person and below a genius. Again this is just my opinion.

Exactly, I feel like her intelligence is more enhanced rather than being a genius so she falls in that area above a really smart person and below a genius. Again this is just my opinion.
    No, she was a super-genius back in early Gen X. Now that could have just been the twins, as regular Monet never displayed that level of intelligence since, but originally she was like a savant.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Im about to bring up a recent discussion. I remember there being controversy on whether she has TK or not but this scan is undisputed proof that she does. She uses her TK to move the virus and its acknowledged that its what she's doing

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im about to bring up a recent discussion. I remember there being controversy on whether she has TK or not but this scan is undisputed proof that she does. She uses her TK to move the virus and its acknowledged that its what she's doing

Notice she didn't say three telekinetics

Notice she didn't say three telekinetics
    She didn’t but you clearly see her pushing the virus with her TK. Telepaths doesn’t make sense in context with the scene and what was said just before that line so it’s likely a lettered error. The previous page had her wanting to punch them but She was told no bc they’d adapt to physical force hence with the telekinetics had to use their TK to gather them up together

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She didn’t but you clearly see her pushing the virus with her TK. Telepaths doesn’t make sense in context with the scene and what was said just before that line so it’s likely a lettered error. The previous page had her wanting to punch them but She was told no bc they’d adapt to physical force hence with the telekinetics had to use their TK to gather them up together
    I took it the artist was showing Monet flying at such a speed what the virus particles were being pushed from her

I took it the artist was showing Monet flying at such a speed what the virus particles were being pushed from her
    she's flying directly at them and if she was going super fast in that moment, she'd be making contact which is exactly what she was avoiding

Mighty Member

I hate how folks assume the M twins didnt replicate Monet's powers because other folks have had interesting interpretations of her abilities. All of her physical and mental abilities are enhanced to a superhuman degree. Also being super intelligent is different than being like Forge.. I always see super intelligence is having a great memory, fast information processing etc. I mean even Mr. Fantastic abilities contribute to his intelligence.

In AOA, she was Know-it-all. She was intended to by hyper-intelligent, beyond just normal book smarts.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In AOA, she was Know-it-all. She was intended to by hyper-intelligent, beyond just normal book smarts.
    Nope. That was Claudette.

And didn't Monet use telekinesis in X-Factor on a bullet?

I don't mind if Monet is a telekinetic, but I'd prefer if it be limited to a type of tactile telekinesis; thus just mimics super-strength in most things. Unlike telepathy, telekinesis doesn't get fleshed out enough in variety like it should. They don't all have to act the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Nope. That was Claudette.

When was it stated that it was Claudette? Just curious. I always thought that was left for interpretation.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortpack! View Post
    Nope just super speed

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't mind if Monet is a telekinetic, but I'd prefer if it be limited to a type of tactile telekinesis; thus just mimics super-strength in most things. Unlike telepathy, telekinesis doesn't get fleshed out enough in variety like it should. They don't all have to act the same way.
    But M already had super strength...and many TK's have a signature power signal...Psylocke with her culturally appropriated Blade and Katana, Quentin Quire with his shotgun, Hellion with his clumsy green signature tk use and Debri can only lift a massive amount of very small things

When was it stated that it was Claudette? Just curious. I always thought that was left for interpretation.
    I'm guessing it was supposed to he until they came out with those AoA books After the crossover had wrapped up...in one issue Emplate gets his killed by Havok for roughing up his forbidden human lover. His lil sisters dubbed "M-Plates" (I think) were linked with his mind at his time of death they became comatose. Which was kinda wasted as I had soooooo many questions about them like why were they permitted to run around with the prefects? And in what capacity? Their relationship with their brother seemed extremely creepy Cyclops was wrestling with justifying the morality of Apocalypse's methods...Were two 9 year olds (witnessing God knows what) not worthy of saving? Even for Magneto and his X-men?
    I thought their fate was extremely sad

But M already had super strength...and many TK's have a signature power signal...Psylocke with her culturally appropriated Blade and Katana, Quentin Quire with his shotgun, Hellion with his clumsy green signature tk use and Debri can only lift a massive amount of very small things
    Power signatures are nice but not the type of variance expression I think we need. Hellion's just a flashy green, it doesn't really act differently than regular TK.

Psylocke specializes a bit in psi-constructs, but I don't think it's been shown enough that Quintin does. Debri would count but when was the last time we saw her? Specifically for the X-Men many use their TK the same ways and haven't diversified in the same way TP users have.