Page 1 of 118 123451151101 ... LastLast
    Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Default Monet St Croix (M) Appreciation Thread

The alluring, ellegant and deadly X-Man Monet, has a wide variety of powers at super human levels,representing a near perfect human being. The muslim heroine is also known as Princess Perfect, was born in Bosnia (but has French, Yugoslavian, and Algerian citizenship), looks gorgeous, loves fashion (even worked as a model), is very rich and has a very dry sense of humour.

HISTORY: The eldest child of a wealthy ambassador, mutant Monet St. Croix was a spoiled, pompous girl. After her brother Marius, a student of dark magic, invited her to join him in world conquest, she scornfully rejected him. For this, Marius magically trapped her in the form of a red-skinned mute dubbed Penance. Believing their brother had killed Monet, her young twin sisters banished Marius to another dimension. Seeing Marius as the only way to return to normal, Monet followed. To spare their father from a broken heart at the loss of his favored daughter, the twins used their powers to merge with each other into a single being that duplicated Monet mentally and physically.
    As Monet, the twins were among those mutants captured by the techno-organic alien Phalanx race, who sought to assimilate mutants into their collective. The twins and their fellow prisoners were rescued by an ad-hoc X-Men team led by Banshee, and they went on to join Generation X, a team of trainee mutants at the Massachusetts Academy under co-headmasters Banshee and Emma Frost. Meanwhile, after years of imprisonment during which Marius – now calling himself Emplate – used her as a source of sustenance for his energy-draining powers, Monet escaped to Earth. She was found by the Australian aboriginal mutant Gateway, who had been mentoring the twins, and he took her to the Massachusetts Academy. Initially distrustful, Monet soon accepted her new situation and ultimately joined the team, with their brother, learning Monet’s true fate. They next merged with the Penance form, freeing Monet but becoming trapped in it themselves. During a subsequent battle, Jubilee defeated Emplate with an explosion that also freed the twins from the Penance form. Shortly thereafter, Monet’s father withdrew her from the Academy and took the sisters home. Monet was enrolled in a private boarding school in in the Swiss Alps, where she soon discovered the headmaster was secretly a vampire feeding on students. Defeating him, Monet returned to the Massachusetts Academy and romanced her teammate Everett Thomas (Synch), who was ultimately killed by a bomb planted by Emma’s sister, Adrienne. The students soon quit, and the Academy closed. Monet and her former teammates Husk and Jubilee joined Banshee’s paramilitary X-Corps. Monet stayed on after the X-Corps was restructured into the X-Corporation, and also aided the X-Men’s Juggernaut against Black Tom Cassidy. Following the X-Corporation’s closure, Monet joined the staff of the mutant detective agency X-Factor Investigations.
    After the end of the X-Factor, Monet has joined the all female X-Men team and lives now at the Jean Grey School.

POWERS:

M's abilities include superhuman strength and speed, telepathy, flight, nigh-invulnerability, acute night vision, heightened hearing, telekinesis, healing factor and the ability to perceive mutants' auras.
    M is formidable in hand-to-hand combat and her intelligence is beyond genius level. She has perfect memory and superhuman intuitive skills. M also is Multilingual, capable of speaking a variety of different languages. Capable of using computers and electronic devices with ease.

Last edited by RafDanvers; 05-31-2014 at 08:38 PM.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Monet looking absolutely marvelous in the new Ladies Of X artwork by Kris Anka.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

M's the best. Powerful, elegant, witty, and does and doesn't care all at the same time.

image.jpg
    "Self has no time for this."

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    M's the best. Powerful, elegant, witty, and does and doesn't care all at the same time.

image.jpg
    So sexy.. but confused why is she drawn lighter did she bleach her skin??

Her and Chamber were my favorites in Generation X.

Due to Marvel's sliding time thingy, how old is M supposed to be now?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dashan View Post
    Her and Chamber were my favorites in Generation X.

Due to Marvel's sliding time thingy, how old is M supposed to be now?
    Um... 18 or 19? Lol.

Glad to see she finally has a thread, added it to the list in the Generation X Appreciation Thread.

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Lick on, sweet prince. Sea Hound's Avatar

I like Clay Mann's take on Monet. She's stronger looking than she was most of the time in X-Factor, (where she sometimes looked quite waifish.) but still gorgeous.

image.jpg
    Last edited by Sea Hound; 05-31-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    "Self has no time for this."

She might also have citizenship to Monaco, I thought? Earlier Gen X is my fav M. I like the blacks and puples. Of course that was her sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Hound View Post
    I like Clay Mann's take on Monet. She's stronger looking than she was most of the time in X-Factor, (where she sometimes looked quite waifish.) but still gorgeous.
    Agreed, that's a good level of muscle tone for a woman who works out and as hard as she does.

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    She might also have citizenship to Monaco, I thought? Earlier Gen X is my fav M. I like the blacks and puples. Of course that was her sisters.
    That's the Algerian citizenship, according to the comics. Why, is it a separate thing in real life? Maybe the Marvel Algeria has a different ruling/political structure.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Does anyone know what happened to Nicole and Claudette? I miss them dearly!

BANNED

I think she needs a more attractive costume/uniform.

Before, the only reason I like her was because of her connection to Hollow/Penance. But because of Wood, she is so interesting. I just hope her costume will be more beautiful.

Thing that have bugged me about M....

Did they ever seetle on what race M is?
    Is she still Bishop's grandmother?
    How strong is she 10 tons, 20 tons 50 tons.....?

Ultimate Member

Ah, Dirty Sexy Monet!

Her powers seem to come and go. She's got super-strength, but it's rarely consistent as to how much. I didn't even know she was bulletproof until a hundred or so issues into the last X-Factor run when someone shot her and she complained that they'd ruined her t-shirt. She flies. She's *said* to have superhuman speed and reflexes, but I don't recall seeing her use them. She's a telepath, although she doesn't seem to be one of the usual X-Man telepaths, able to operate globally and teach anyone anything in seconds and astrally project and mind control people and make illusions and do seventy other things that aren't actually telepathy.

And she's supposed to be super-humanly *intelligent* as well, which hasn't been brought up much either (and might have been annoying in the last X-Factor run, when you've got a person whose entire schtick is 'knows stuff she shouldn't' and another who has as a plot point that he's trying to better himself by picking up tons of skills...).

Some artists depict her as white, but she's been browned up considerably, starting with her second appearance, IIRC, and I think she's intended to be multi-racial, or, as Sterling Archer would put it, 'black-ish.'

Any relationship to Bishop is dubious, since he's gone from black to Australian Aborigine to 'who knows?' over the years. (And he can't be Aborigine, because all super-Aborigines in the Marvel Universe have to be dreamtime-y teleporters, like Talisman (from Contest of Champions) or Gateway or Manifold!)

Girl sure did hit the super-power lottery 'though. Throw in some density-shifting and shapechanging and we can call her the Moroccan Manhunter!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

I read that she was never Bishop's grandmother, but that Bishop only said that because he was disoriented at the time.

As for the other questions, I don't know, but I'm guessing they're going with their current story of her parents (short story: they're both brown-skinned, different ancestries, with M's mother being a member of a formerly royal Monaco family. Someone else can expand on it if they want).

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Does anyone know what happened to Nicole and Claudette? I miss them dearly!
    They sadly haven't been seen recently. D: Maybe mentioned in X-Factor, I don't know, but that would be it, if anything... I know M's dad guest-starred in X-Factor. That would be the time to bring up family matters. My guess is they're attending a private school in Monaco and living normal lives. They should be young teens by now, which is the perfect age to bring them back over to Storm's school and hang out with Big Sis.

It seems to me that Monet's intelligence has been downplayed since the "real" M was revealed (the super-intelligent M was one of the aspects of the M Twins version of Monet, an idealized version since they looked up to their Big Sis), and especially so in X-Factor. I think Brian Wood has been trying to bring the classic/"smart" M back in his latest "X-Men" volume.
    Prεtty Pεnny

New JerZ. You KNOW something! Tell me what you know!

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

She's bi racial but, generally, visibly black (unless the artist forgets).

She has multiple ethnicities. Her mother is North African (Algeria) and her father is of African descent as well (which is where Monet's darker skin comes from) and is from Monaco.

I see her as a minority ( black & muslim; which, in the west, are minority groups) in comics but also the child of every race (since she's supposd to be perfect).
    Author of X-Forums.

Follow Goddess on Instagram.