Page 110 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 1758

Maybe Monet is the one that keeps him from unraveling kinda like he did for her shenanigans when she was possessed by Emplate.
    Last edited by blinkingblah; 09-19-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Monet makes the cover of Weapon X #27
    Attachment 70990
    Rahzzah does a great Monet. Their art is usually great.

Though I am betting M won't be that dark in the book's interior. lol Couldn't resist
    Uggh RAHZZAH IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD. Marvel's gotta make him exclusive quick.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Uggh RAHZZAH IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD. Marvel's gotta make him exclusive quick.
    Yeah, I tend to love Rahzzah's covers. Even non-covers. He did a GREAT Omega Red pic, but it was never used as a cover, far as I know.

I wish we could've seen more of Monet in his style, especially given the realistic look he goes for. We'd have a case of "What Monet would look like as a real person." lol

We got that in this cover, but she's not exactly in a good place there. lol But a full shot of her, eyes open with a badass pose would've been nice.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I'm of the opinion Monet detests Emma(I'm sure she would blame her for Everett's death), and I would love to see that reflected in any future interaction of them on panel.
    monet wouldn't detest emma at and she wouldn't blame her either for ev death. monet most likely blames adrienne (who is the one that planted the bombs in the school) and maybe herself since they were still connected when he died. #StopMakingEveryX-WomanHateEmma2k18

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    As someone who is of mixed race, black and white, don't do this. Sunspot is and always has been black and white, but dark skinned and curly haired. His mother isn't even Brazilian, she's a white American with red hair. As handsome as that actor is, he's not an accurate interpretation of what Roberto should look like.

As for Monet, her skin color and that of her parents/siblings has been all over the map from day one, but most consistently, she's black. Straight up. Marius had darker skin than her with locs when we saw him in his human form in Gen X. And Africa has more diverse phenotypes than anywhere else in the world. There are skin colors across the spectrum and hair textures across the spectrum. Algeria has a ton of white-type Arabs, yes, but they came later. The original peoples are black Africans, and Monet is supposed to be one of them.
    there's so such thing as "white arabs" in algeria. the original people of algeria are the kabyles and amazigh who are still here to this day. the arab conquest on north africa was a religious one just like in sudan and somalia. i really wish you'd all leave this hotepry and race science to rest and do a minimum of research about north african from legit sources so we wouldn't constantly have to go through this again.

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I'm so over Monet + Creed, and refuse to read anything that alludes to the two as a pair. Which is a shame, because I love Monet.
    right? monet has never shown anything resembling romantic interest at creed. unless ur pulling straws with comp het. the whole creed/monet looks extremely one sided from bunn to pak. i'm tired of each time a female character does so much as show a little care for a male character people automatically assume its a romantic pairing.

this thread always goes back to talking about

-monet with a male love interest (for a while the favourite was warpath and now its berto)
    -spewing race science and complete misinformation about north africa
    -debate wether monet has tk or not when its been shown in canon multiple times that's she's a full psychic

can we PLEASE come up with something else and start talking about MONET. not her relationship or lack thereof with some male character but her as a full rounded independent person. also can we get some strong female friendship and talk about her relationship with female characters (like jubs, terry, lorna, karima, rachel and bets) with whom she's had much stronger bond than any man she's ever interacted with

Quote Originally Posted by frostedemma View Post
    this thread always goes back to talking about

-monet with a male love interest (for a while the favourite was warpath and now its berto)
    -spewing race science and complete misinformation about north africa
    -debate wether monet has tk or not when its been shown in canon multiple times that's she's a full psychic
    You forgot one
    -People complaining about what the posters are discussing
    Lol

can we PLEASE come up with something else and start talking about MONET. not her relationship or lack thereof with some male character but her as a full rounded independent person. also can we get some strong female friendship and talk about her relationship with female characters (like jubs, terry, lorna, karima, rachel and bets) with whom she's had much stronger bond than any man she's ever interacted with
    Eh...not Synch, Sean, Emplate, or her Dad lol

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You forgot one
    Lol

Eh...not Synch, Sean, Emplate, or her Dad lol
    her relationship with jubilee is much stronger than with synch and sean. that doesn't mean that she didn't have strong bond with them its just with jubs it has lasted much longer and had more to it. and we've seen monet interact with her dad like 3 times at most. i hope you were kidding by putting emplate in your list

also, i really wish marvel would draw monet looking algerian with north african features (big deep set almond/hooded eyes, a long rounded nose, round cheeckbones and brown skin with warm undertone, curly hair) wearing either a hamsa or a yaz necklace or anytype or amazigh/kabyle jewelry. because i've seen her drawn with like every feature but algerian/north african ones and i'm tired of it

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    You forgot one

Lol
    lol Yeah. That's a popular one. Plus many Marvel threads go down like this with the same topics coming up. Because those are the most controversial ones that spark people wanting to debate it. Marvel is in a rut with some of its characters, and they never develop. Or they start off going in a promising direction only to get reset to whatever the status quo of the decade is.

X-Factor was the longest book Monet was in, and a few of us had issues with her characterization from PAD, so it's not discussed as much. Monet has been in 3 recently. One was overrun with editorial interference. And the last 2, she didn't have big parts or focus. Strain's GenX was about the lovable losers more than the OG cast. So Monet was a bit cookie-cutter villain until it was time for her to be cured. That happened in the last chapter, which she still got little focus in.

And she hasn't done too much in Weapon X, except get nerfed. Supposedly, she'll do a bit more in the next four chapters. We'll see, but I can't imagine how much story she'll get in just 4 chapters. Bunn seemed to have lots of stuff planned, but she got ripped out of his hands & has bounced from writer to writer since with good story arcs ignored. Her HFC involvement, and relationships with its members. Why she worked with Magneto & just where is she in terms of her X-Men affiliation. Is she going down the route of mutant supremacy like Magneto & Mystique and becoming what she hated. Her basically following in Emma's footsteps. Her finally overcoming & possibly killing Emplate for good. A lot could've been done & addressed with M in Bunncanny. But Bunn didn't get to tell the stories -only set them up. And no writer seems to care about following up on any of them.

So the most we can do is talk about anything Monet has done or shown up to now, and it's all been discussed at least once.

right? monet has never shown anything resembling romantic interest at creed. unless ur pulling straws with comp het. the whole creed/monet looks extremely one sided from bunn to pak. i'm tired of each time a female character does so much as show a little care for a male character people automatically assume its a romantic pairing.
    It was romantic when Bunn was writing i. Far as Pak goes, who knows what his intention will be for it.

Bunn commented on Creed/M recently to a pairing fan, and said it was a torturous love.
    (Cronet Confirmation) 2.jpg
    Shows he wasn't writing it as platonic. You also have him saying in an old X-position that Creed would have a romance in his run that wouldn't be Psylocke. When asked about Mystique, Bunn said she & Creed weren't on good terms. That left M or a new cast member, but this tweet confirms it would've been the former.

You have a scene like this, which doesn't seem platonic on M's part.
    oOaOmKD.jpg

You also have her express jealousy at Creed/Rachel
    AtHCCdu.jpg

In chapter one, Betsy tells them to get a room & Monet asks if she's jealous. Didn't seem she was denying Psylocke's insinuation. Both Callisto & Emplate also thought something was going on with her & Creed. And again, she doesn't deny or set them straight that it's not true.

People who hate the pairing, is understandable. But to say it was never romantic is false. Confirmed by Bunn. He was writing them as a budding romance & Monet did show interest at times. So there's no straw grasping, so much as seeing what little Bunn was allowed to do with them around all the editorial mandates. I can agree it didn't get much development but, Bunn did did set it up. He just didn't get to fully develop & expand on it. Like everything else in his run.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-26-2018 at 06:18 AM.

Sidenote: let your Monet love known to X-Editor Jordan White on Twitter! He’s polling for favorite X-Man

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...901425152?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Sidenote: let your Monet love known to X-Editor Jordan White on Twitter! He’s polling for favorite X-Man

https://twitter.com/cracksh0t/status...901425152?s=21
    It seems most votes are going to Cyke. lol But I did see a few showing love for M!!! She needs more votes

also, i really wish marvel would draw monet looking algerian with north african features (big deep set almond/hooded eyes, a long rounded nose, round cheeckbones and brown skin with warm undertone, curly hair) wearing either a hamsa or a yaz necklace or anytype or amazigh/kabyle jewelry. because i've seen her drawn with like every feature but algerian/north african ones and i'm tired of it
    Lol so you're the only one allowed to talk about race science?

Quote Originally Posted by blinkingblah View Post
    Lol so you're the only one allowed to talk about race science?
    shdljsfk lol do you even know what race science actually is? me, a north african, stating that i wish a north african character would be drawn looking north african with features of said ethnic group is not race science. wishing a character of colour would be draw with the skin tone and features of their ethnic group is not race science.