Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Power signatures are nice but not the type of variance expression I think we need. Hellion's just a flashy green, it doesn't really act differently than regular TK.

Psylocke specializes a bit in psi-constructs, but I don't think it's been shown enough that Quintin does. Debri would count but when was the last time we saw her? Specifically for the X-Men many use their TK the same ways and haven't diversified in the same way TP users have.
    I se your point but what would M's "tactile tk" add to diversify tk users or to the character? Just curious/interested if you had any thoughts/ideas you'd like to share

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Power signatures are nice but not the type of variance expression I think we need. Hellion's just a flashy green, it doesn't really act differently than regular TK.

Psylocke specializes a bit in psi-constructs, but I don't think it's been shown enough that Quintin does. Debri would count but when was the last time we saw her? Specifically for the X-Men many use their TK the same ways and haven't diversified in the same way TP users have.
    I would say yes for Quentin although a lot of his constructs tend to be TP based. When I think of him, his psi-weapons are what come to mind. I think it’s his signature expression if his powers. His psi-guns are the primary way he expresses them offensively and not like traditional TP/TKs

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I se your point but what would M's "tactile tk" add to diversify tk users or to the character? Just curious/interested if you had any thoughts/ideas you'd like to share
    Well, it's not a very common power in the MU. We have tons of telekinetics in the X-Men who can create constructs and shields, move objects at range, or even feats of extreme finesse like molecular manipulation. Telekinetics that specialize in close-combat telekinesis that requires touch is a niche that hasn't been explored.

I think it's an interesting diversification, it does all the things super strength can do plus neat things like scanning objects through touch, projecting TK through a medium like the ground, and dissembling objects. I like it especially for Monet since because she has already has super-strength, it compliments her powerset better as still having a variation of telekinesis w/o overshadowing her strength in range or utility. Otherwise, I'm wondering why she doesn't simply keep her opponent at bay (like I am most of the time with Psylocke lol).

To me, it'd add(s) to the neatness of her various mutant abilities by acting in similar limited manner as her telepathy, as a quasi jack of all trades mutant power (outside of perhaps her flight).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83
    I would say yes for Quentin although a lot of his constructs tend to be TP based. When I think of him, his psi-weapons are what come to mind. I think it’s his signature expression if his powers. His psi-guns are the primary way he expresses them offensively and not like traditional TP/TKs
    Yes, this can be get confusing as well. I can only tell when we see physical reactions from the characters that QQ hits that he is even using a TK based construct instead of TP.

That's fair, though I think at this point it's a secondary visual characteristic for me. Not something I immediately associate with the character, like Psylocke which is her main visual. (and even there, it's the same issue of wondering whether it's a TP or TK construct).
    Last edited by ChronoRogue; 08-18-2018 at 09:04 PM.

It's better to just think of it in terms of psionic energy and leave it at that. Strong enough telepathy can still influence matter, and one could in theory telekinetically arrange neuro-chemicals in someone else brain to alter their thoughts.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Embrace the M-Spot!

m-spot1.jpg
    Last edited by yogaflame; 08-28-2018 at 05:20 PM.

lol Marvel will never let either of them be that dark again.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    She was that dark in Gen X earlier this year

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Agreed. lol Like I mentioned earlier, she's towing a line again in Weapon X. She's brown in some panels, then white in others.
    AsXdwvj.jpg

5U5JUfu.jpg
    Hell, I have written to Marvel about their race-changing of Monet, and not letting her stay brown. She was doing good in Bunn's Uncanny & Strain's Generation X, aside from 1 flub in chapter 86.

Now, she's thrown to the dogs in Weapon X, and they got her flip-flopping again. But what can you expect from a creative team who doesn't know Monet's mother is dead. Lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-28-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Embrace the M-Spot!

m-spot1.jpg
    Dude niiiiiice
    Sadly this is tooooooo true
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    She was that dark in Gen X earlier this year
    For all of 8 panels lol

RCO013 (1).jpg

Embrace the M-Spot!

m-spot1.jpg
    Yes Yes Yes Yes YUUUSSSSS!!!

Well then I'll just have to do it myself!

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Dude niiiiiice
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yes Yes Yes Yes YUUUSSSSS!!!
    Heck yeah. I liked your piece too. I can't decide how tall they are, though. I feel like Roberto was still growing when we first met him in New Mutants, so he's actually not that short anymore. I also am not convinced Monet is like an amazon as she was portrayed in that all female X-Men team a few years back. I think they are actually the same height, let's say 5'8"/5'9", but Monet wears heels, so she's a little taller.

Well then I'll just have to do it myself!
    Already a hobby I have. Fixing Monet when Marvel colorists don't wanna behave.
    WX Skin Tone.jpg
    A brown Monet. Don't know why that's so hard for Marvel lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-29-2018 at 05:17 AM.

Heck yeah. I liked your piece too. I can't decide how tall they are, though. I feel like Roberto was still growing when we first met him in New Mutants, so he's actually not that short anymore. I also am not convinced Monet is like an amazon as she was portrayed in that all female X-Men team a few years back. I think they are actually the same height, let's say 5'8"/5'9", but Monet wears heels, so she's a little taller.
    Aww thanks yogaflame!
    YES! I agree with you!
    Do I feel that Berto is shorter than Monet? Yes.
    Do I think their height difference is as extreme as I portrayed? NO. I'm still just a little bit butthurt about it, in fact. ha ha ha. Oh well. But yes. HEELS give the girl a significant boost. But I don't believe she's a foot taller or some nonsense like my illustration implies. ha ha ha.

And YES -- I am not one who subscribes to Monet being this body builder build all of a sudden. My favorite super strength folk are the ones who don't LOOK super imposing/strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Already a hobby I have. Fixing Monet when Marvel colorists don't wanna behave.
    WX Skin Tone.jpg
    A brown Monet. Don't know why that's so hard for Marvel lol
    Hell yeah! Do you do the images on comicvine? I noticed a ton of hers are edited to be darker on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Hell yeah! Do you do the images on comicvine? I noticed a ton of hers are edited to be darker on there.
    I do some. Like the darker coloring when she punches Creed.

But I did a lot of re-colorings. May share more when i'm off work.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-29-2018 at 11:12 AM.