Page 107 of 118 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1758
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I think it's a combination of things. Being tortured by Emplate. She's free and starts to open up to Synch, whom she loved. only to lose him. And really, her descent could've started there. I forget, maybe it was Sean who told them to ease up on their powers to avoid endangering innocents. And Monet says scoffs at that comment, blames "innocents" for Synch's death, and responds that the so-called innocents will have to get over it. So we do see some resentment for humanity showing there. Then X-Factor she's killed and learns there's no heaven or peace even in death. You're either surrounded by blackness, or you go to Hell. And that probably didn't strengthen her view of life. Then she ends up joining Magneto of all people.

I think Monet is a person who has had a more cynical view of life since Synch's death, and everything piling on isn't helping. Some people power through and remain optimistic, like Blink. But some people lose hope everyday and become more jaded with time.
    It's just funny to me that writers tried to distance her from Emma by having her say she doesn't like her (a bit like Esme) but then she fulfills that role lol Right now she's gone through much more and is different, but in the Xfactor days and in some instances since she's a mini-Emma in her attitude. Which to me is more of a class thing.

As if they dont get along because they're too much a like.

yeah. I like to chat & vent my opinion with others who agree. But to debate it any further won't do much. Everyone here has given their thought, and nobody has changed anyone's mind.

I did write to Marvel to ask they stay consistent with Monet and stop flip-flopping her around, because her race shouldn't be so controversial. But clearly, it didn't help given Weapon X. lol
    I wonder if the outfit was on purpose....was this supposed to be set a few years ago? Like the Cable mini?

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    It's just funny to me that writers tried to distance her from Emma by having her say she doesn't like her (a bit like Esme) but then she fulfills that role lol Right now she's gone through much more and is different, but in the Xfactor days and in some instances since she's a mini-Emma in her attitude. Which to me is more of a class thing.

As if they dont get along because they're too much a like.
    I can see Monet detesting Emma, but hating her more because she may have similarities. She joined the HFC, and seemed pleased with the White Queen status. I am glad it's not just me thinking Monet is going down a darker path & may be lost now.

I wonder if the outfit was on purpose....was this supposed to be set a few years ago? Like the Cable mini?
    Far as her outfit, I don't think it's too in the past. Creed says they were teammates a while ago, then she went bad and disappeared. This seems to be after GenX. Not too shocking. Creed has gone back to 1994 with his look. Monet only went back to 2011 lol I just figured that suit was closest thing to an iconic look they could use for her.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 08-31-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Almost got me on the hook with that Sunspot post...lol *whew*

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    She hasn't been the same since Synch died, for sure. I just want her and Roberto to have some fun together for a while. She could use that. Enough of this broody evil look she's been serving. And bring back her cute little sisters!
    I read her in GenX as being the mutant anti teen angst Since teen angst was EVERYwhere in the 90s having her bro killing her mom, soon after getting trapped in Penance, when finally freed Monets bitchiness and stank ass attitude was something different than the usual Work is me attitude.

I'm sooo pissed MSpot hasn't happened...I doubt they'll put 2 black characters as a power couple. And. I. Don't. Know Why. It's like 1965

Fantastic Member

I'm not surprised Monet dislikes Emma. I've always felt that Monet looks down on Emma as "nouveau riche." And I do think it was Synch related because I specifically remember Monet humiliated Emma in front of all of Gen X, when Emma tried to give a lecture on ethics and Monet called her out on her hypocrisy. Emma said she had "changed" and Monet replied that she "doesn't think people really change, they just get better at hiding who they really are." Ouch. Monet seemed to see Emma as try-hard. Though it's worth pointing out, she's often seemed disdainful towards many senior X-Characters. She loathes Cyclops and Emma, was underwhelmed by Psylock and Magik, and regarded other heavy Marvel U Hitters, She-Hulk, Sue Storm, Spiderman, J. Jonah Jameson like they were sidewalk litter. But that's Monet, selfish, self-centered and self-aggrandizing.

I also think she's been written this way for longer then Emma, whom pre-Morrison, seemed to have evolved to less out and out antagonist personality during Gen X.

I think Monet has become a dark character but I think it's just another dynamic to the character. She connects with surprising people. Jaimie, Guido, Theresa, Longshot and the other X-Factor Investigation Members. I found her "rapport" with Sabertooth VERY intriguing. I got the impression Creed was FAR more fond of Monet then she was of him, but a distinct dynamic was there. I'd also like to see how Monet became involved with both Magneto and Sebastian Shaw. These are stories worth telling.

And I echo the calls for Sunspot and Monet. If Synch had lived, I don't think Monet and he would have gone the distance. Sunspot is someone I could see Monet being involved with and actually growing to care about. He's rich (and Monet is a snob at heart), he's powerful and he has a tactician's mind. He is the type I could see holding his own against Monet and being a good counter to her "Me, Glorious Me" mentality. He's also VERY worldy, which I think would balance Monet well, because for all her snobbery and eye-rolls, I found the Monet character to be a little naive in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I'm not surprised Monet dislikes Emma. I've always felt that Monet looks down on Emma as "nouveau riche." And I do think it was Synch related because I specifically remember Monet humiliated Emma in front of all of Gen X, when Emma tried to give a lecture on ethics and Monet called her out on her hypocrisy. Emma said she had "changed" and Monet replied that she "doesn't think people really change, they just get better at hiding who they really are." Ouch. Monet seemed to see Emma as try-hard. Though it's worth pointing out, she's often seemed disdainful towards many senior X-Characters. She loathes Cyclops and Emma, was underwhelmed by Psylock and Magik, and regarded other heavy Marvel U Hitters, She-Hulk, Sue Storm, Spiderman, J. Jonah Jameson like they were sidewalk litter. But that's Monet, selfish, self-centered and self-aggrandizing.

I also think she's been written this way for longer then Emma, whom pre-Morrison, seemed to have evolved to less out and out antagonist personality during Gen X.

I think Monet has become a dark character but I think it's just another dynamic to the character. She connects with surprising people. Jaimie, Guido, Theresa, Longshot and the other X-Factor Investigation Members. I found her "rapport" with Sabertooth VERY intriguing. I got the impression Creed was FAR more fond of Monet then she was of him, but a distinct dynamic was there. I'd also like to see how Monet became involved with both Magneto and Sebastian Shaw. These are stories worth telling.

And I echo the calls for Sunspot and Monet. If Synch had lived, I don't think Monet and he would have gone the distance. Sunspot is someone I could see Monet being involved with and actually growing to care about. He's rich (and Monet is a snob at heart), he's powerful and he has a tactician's mind. He is the type I could see holding his own against Monet and being a good counter to her "Me, Glorious Me" mentality. He's also VERY worldy, which I think would balance Monet well, because for all her snobbery and eye-rolls, I found the Monet character to be a little naive in some ways.
    Regarding Creed, Bunn said they had a torturous love. So it was an odd relationship, but he was writing it as difficult romance. I read her as being attracted to him, but wary & mistrustful given his violent past.

Monet is definitely a darker character now. And she just seems conflicted. She loves her friends & they have each other's backs, but it's like she still wants to stay distant, or has her reservations on people. Like deep down, she worries others could fail her. Regarding her seniors, it could be out of love grief over Sean. She says he was like a father. He was also a mentor. Now she accepts nobody taking that spot. Sean is her last guide / father, besides her real dad.

I don't think she's naive, so much she can be too arrogant & get in over her head. Lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-01-2018 at 03:27 PM.

Fantastic Member

I don't think she's naive, so much she can be too arrogant & get in over her hrad. Lol
    Thank you. This is actually a much better description of the character and how she gets herself into trouble. As intriguing as it was, I was always a little worried for Monet, being mixed up with Magneto, Sebastian Shaw and even Black Tom Cassidy.

I had no idea Bunn was going to write a romance with Sabertooth and Monet. Wow. I don't know how I would have felt about that. I do LOVE a lot of what he did with Monet's character so I definitely would have read it, but Creed/Monet? I don't know. My vote definitely goes to Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    Thank you. This is actually a much better description of the character and how she gets herself into trouble. As intriguing as it was, I was always a little worried for Monet, being mixed up with Magneto, Sebastian Shaw and even Black Tom Cassidy...
    She's done it a lot, like her fight with Pluto on X-Factor. Whew.

Someone mentioned it with her HFC involvement. How she acted as though it's her party, and others should be glad she lets them stay. But the people she was mixed up with were in the game longer, and she wasn't as worldly as her company. Which may have led to trouble, as I doubt her tude won her friends there. Lol Bunn also noted she & Mystique weren't gonna get along.

I had no idea Bunn was going to write a romance with Sabertooth and Monet. Wow. I don't know how I would have felt about that. I do LOVE a lot of what he did with Monet's character so I definitely would have read it, but Creed/Monet? I don't know. My vote definitely goes to Roberto.
    I'm indifferent to Sunspot, so I don't think much on it, especially since they never interacted. Creed is a character I like, and so is Monet. So 2 favorites together, the way Bunn wrote them, I liked. Bunn got me on the ship. Never would be thought of it prior to Bunncanny.

for the most part, I was never fond of pairings because they made sense on paper. I have to see them interact & what kind of dynamic they have.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-01-2018 at 04:05 PM.

She's done it a lot, like her fight with Pluto on X-Factor. Whew.

Someone mentioned it with her HFC involvement. How she acted as though it's her party, and others should be glad she lets them stay. But the people she was mixed up with were in the game longer, and she wasn't as worldly as her company. Which may have led to trouble, as I doubt her tude won her friends there. Lol Bunn also noted she & Mystique weren't gonna get along.

I'm indifferent to Sunspot, so I don't think much on it, especially since they never interacted. Creed is a character I like, and so is Monet. So 2 favorites together, the way Bunn wrote them, I liked. Bunn got me on the ship. Never would be thought of it prior to Bunncanny.

for the most part, I was never fond of pairings because they made sense on paper. I have to see them interact & what kind of dynamic they have.
    I can't help the feeling that any relationship Logan and Creed are tinged "Creeepy old man" vibes especially with a character introduced as part of the junior squad"

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I can't help the feeling that any relationship Logan and Creed are tinged "Creeepy old man" vibes especially with a character introduced as part of the junior squad"
    When characters are immortal, or nigh-immortal, I never held age against them. Logan, Magneto, Mystique, Creed, Azazel, Angel, Inuyasha, the Twilight romances, etc.

Creed is older than this lady.
    RCO017-1.jpg
    But I heard some complain him making out with a senior citizen was gross. So there's no winning here. Lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-02-2018 at 03:58 AM.

When characters are immortal, or nigh-immortal, I never held age against them. Logan, Magneto, Mystique, Creed, Azazel, Angel, Inuyasha, the Twilight romances, etc.

Creed is older than this lady.
    RCO017-1.jpg
    But I heard some complain him making out with a senior citizen was gross. So there's no winning here. Lol
    Kinda skeevy Creed "met" when she was still underage....just saying lol

Kinda skeevy Creed "met" when she was still underage....just saying lol
    We don't know she was underage. All she says is he's been becoming to the brothel since she first came there. Seems they been sleeping together for years, which hasn't stopped -despite her being an old lady now. She may very well have been 18 when she first starting working there.

Angel met Buffy when she was underage, and slept with her when she was underage too. lol Not too many seem to care, since it's seen as an iconic pairing these days.

Everyone Mystique, Creed, Logan, and Magneto know had to be born & grow up. Unless they live in celibacy forever, anyone they're with is gonna have been a kid that grew up.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-02-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Meh, as long as Logan is with adult women and none of then are his sidekicks (Kitty, Jubilee, Natasha or Armor), i'm fine with it (at the very least they should be 23 or 24). Same with Creed, althougth he is the kind of man that doesn't give a shit about things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Meh, as long as Logan is with adult women and none of then are his sidekicks (Kitty, Jubilee, Natasha or Armor), i'm fine with it (at the very least they should be 23 or 24). Same with Creed, althougth he is the kind of man that doesn't give a shit about things like that.
    He actually admitted he doesn't do statutory rape. I forget the exact story. He was fighting Wolverine until Kitty saved him. But she was caught by Sabretooth instead, who says he wonders what he can use her for since she's below the legal limit.

The youngest girl we saw him get with was Holly, who was 18.
    Getting Aquainted-2.jpg
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-02-2018 at 07:00 AM.

He actually admitted he doesn't do statutory rape. I forget the exact story. But he was fighting Wolverine, and Kitty saved him, but was caught by Sabretooth instead, who says he wonders what he can use her for since she's below the legal limit.
    Yeah, i think than that happened in Claremont's second run in the Wolverine solo, when Creed interrupst the shotgun wedding between Viper and Logan lol (those were bizarre times).

We don't know she was underage. All she says is he's been becoming to the brothel since she first came there. Seems they been sleeping together for years, which hasn't stopped -despite her being an old lady now. She may very well have been 18 when she first starting working there.
    I was referring to Monet