Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1758

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Commission finished
    That face tho.... mixture of annoyance she had to be called away into another conflict....and confident assurance she's about to kick some ass

Commission finished
    Loovvvveeeeee

Monet fans vote for our girl to get the action figure treatment:

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/...-top-ten-vote/

All you need is a free Disqus account.

Post your top 10 without numbers and on separate lines as they are tabulating the results programatically.

Ex:

M

Monet St. Croix [first X-Factor costume]

Monet St. Croix [Uncanny X-Men]

etc.

(although you can't vote for her more than once)
    Last edited by MYCMTSC; 11-23-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post

Post your top 10 without numbers and on separate lines as they are tabulating the results programatically.

Ex:

M

etc.

I tried getting an account.
    It still won't let me. Boo.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Ex:

M

etc.

I was torn with what version to pick.

Her Uncanny had a great look, but I wasn't big on her costume or hair-color -prefer black to brown.
    Her Weapon X-Force has black hair & better costume. But she's bopping back & forth on her complexion again.
    Her Classic look is great, but dated since she's currently an adult, and her classic self is a teen.
    Her X-Men vol 4 costume I really loved, but hated the rest of the design lol

In the end, I went with her current Weapon X-Force self.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 11-23-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Fear not, M-fans. I come with good news.
    spoilers:
    I haven't had the chance to read the issue for myself yet. But Weapon X #27 arrived today, and Sabretooth is officially been reverted. He's a villain again, so M-fans have no need to fear Monet getting involved in an kind of relationship with him. Then again, Pak may not have been writing them as a pairing anyway. Again, haven't read the issue. Maybe Monet did see Creed as a brother figure. But fans who HATED this pairing can now rejoice. It's officially corked.
    end of spoilers

Fear not, M-fans. I come with good news.
    spoilers:
    I haven't had the chance to read the issue for myself yet. But Weapon X #27 arrived today, and Sabretooth is officially been reverted. He's a villain again, so M-fans have no need to fear Monet getting involved in an kind of relationship with him. Then again, Pak may not have been writing them as a pairing anyway. Again, haven't read the issue. Maybe Monet did see Creed as a brother figure. But fans who HATED this pairing can now rejoice. It's officially corked.
    end of spoilers
    Taking a day off school to celebrate!!!!

I'm taking a day off to seethe, and rant when the time comes to vent in the discussion threads. After the initial rage, it'll be back to the status quo.

Oh well. Disappointment is all my life ever was. So leaving Marvel comics, and back to Headcanon. I am never disappointed there.

Thankfully, I can still get my fix through commissions.
    d0D2zFN2333.jpg
    They help with the headcanon-ing lol Can't wait to see my full version.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-12-2018 at 06:24 AM.

I'm taking a day off to seethe, and rant when the time comes to vent in the discussion threads. After the initial rage, it'll be back to the status quo.

Oh well. Disappointment is all my life ever was. So leaving Marvel comics, and back to Headcanon. I am never disappointed there.

Thankfully, I can still get my fix through commissions.
    d0D2zFN2333.jpg
    They help with the headcanon-ing lol Can't wait to see my full version.
    lol Aw your ships sinking...
    Question: Do you ever have to do a Head-retcon? lol That joke was horrible but I do wish your HeadCanon only Good vibes...You truly seemed to enjoy the pairing and your knowledge was unmatched

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    lol Aw your ships sinking...
    Question: Do you ever have to do a Head-retcon? lol That joke was horrible but I do wish your HeadCanon only Good vibes...You truly seemed to enjoy the pairing and your knowledge was unmatched
    I do it all the time. lol Given who my favorite characters are, in any form of fiction, and how they usually get treated, I stay in headcanon or fanfic mode. My taste has always been in the minority. So damn near every bit of fiction I read, I never got the stories I wanted from my favorites. But I always got plenty of the stuff I was indifferent to, or hated. Same thing irl. So I have become a master at getting lost in my own world.

Really, you can't say the ship sank when it never left the harbor. lol But I can handle that. I never expected it to sail once Bunn left the helm. lol However, I am pissed at this reset because I know it means nothing good for the character. So that's another favorite biting the dust.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 12-12-2018 at 07:24 AM.

That was a disappointing issue (I have mixed/almost neutral feelings on the ship) that didn’t even require M’s presence. M was merely a “frail” in distress in an sloppy comic.

Someone treat my girl right!

That was a disappointing issue (I have mixed/almost neutral feelings on the ship) that didn’t even require M’s presence. M was merely a “frail” in distress in an sloppy comic.

Someone treat my girl right!
    Yep. I have been saying that for a minute. The ONLY reason M would've been in this book is to wrap up that thread of her bond to Creed. And that didn't happen. Their relationship got no new development, nor any closure since Monet doesn't even know what happened to him.

If they weren't gonna focus on wrapping up her & Creed properly, she didn't need to be in this series. She could be in Uncanny Dis. right now. She could've been in Red or Astonishing. She certainly didn't do anything of worth here. And her personality did come off more soft, damsel in distress. Since when is she so easily captured? And it's not like her to tell a guy to think of something to save her.

BANNED

After the M-plate thing I think this was a good transition point for Monet...for as many flaws as it has....it makes sense that she would be somewhere she can punch out her anger in all directions without abiding by some tired dogma (Xaviers).

I just dont see her being among all that nonsense going on in the other Xbooks.

at least someone cared what happened to him. Now she can move on.

Kind of reminds me of Marceline and Ice King.

X-Factor wasn't a high-profile book, but she was a fan-favorite in a cult classic that lasted for several years. She got a lot of momentum from it and was glad to see her land in the all-female X-Men team.

I think BotA, losing Rogue, Brian Wood's controversy, and a myriad of other issues really squandered what should've been an epic run (Monet was also wanted from the get-go but at the time X-Factor was expected to maybe last a bit longer...being robbed of a Coipel-drawn Monet still stings).

I would love to see Kelly Thompson, Rainbow Rowell, or Mariko Tamaki take a stab at the group again.

Storm, Rogue, Kitty, Jubilee, Monet, X-23, Betsy, and Jean revisiting the Warlock New Mutants, EMMA, Kwannon, and tons of leisure time is the book I want and need.
    Keep kelly thompson far away from monet please. She'd 100% ignore of all monet character growth to write her as some bitchy/sassy brawler like she's currently writing rogue and america. She even said it in a podcast (jay & miles xplain the x-men i think) how she "loved rogue in x-men legacy but it didn't feel like rogue she knows and loves from the 90's". All of rainbow rowell books are littered with racism and "i'm not like other girls" tropes plus she trash the female x-men in one of her books so... I'd love to see Mariko tamaki, leah williams, saladin ahmed, g willow or even seanan mcguire write an all female x-book again that's character oriented