Page 51 of 118 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ohsnapulon5000 View Post
    i bet when M is in action, characters like Jubilee think "that b*** just does the most". lol.
    I bet M thinks the exact same thing about Jubes every time she opens her mouth, LOL.

there's no way i'm supposed to believe that she wasn't faking. bullets bounce off her chest, she gets punted by the Hulk without so much as an "ouch" and Jamie Madrox's lil Madrox is supposed to churn her butter? nuh uh.
    It doesn't have to be from intercourse. You don't need have super strength to double click her mouse.

I agree with Furious, to a degree. Moe should stay gray for a while. Like, I've never gotten why people immediately liken her to someone heroic or altruistic because honestly that's never been where the character has come from. Is she evil at the core? heck naw! But like, read between the ines and you can decipher that she comes from a family that has always been mired in a kind of secretive, money washed, clandestiny, background and the character herself has more than once been telegraphed as only being an X-man, or doing "hero" work because it serves her at the moment or because she's bored. MONET IS BORED, ya'll. She's the poster child of ennui.

Literally the most positive thing that's come out of her mouth in regard for why she even works on a team is because she's sees them as her team, like a sports team that she's competitive with, and feels responsible for their victory as simply by the inclusion of her being. She's not a hero because she's particularly concerned with saving people, if it happens, sure, she chalks it u to her overall superiority, but ultimately it's things like crime against culture, crimes against decency, crimes against good taste that insult her and motivate her actions. Monet is like a shark, she has to keep moving, keep her talents in use or else she dies. The creeping sense that she really is the disgusting monster she knows she is deep down (now made pretty literal by Bunn) would totally immobilize her. Once, she romanticized death, and would actually look towards suicide to alleviate her self loathing, but now that she's been dead and knows that nothing particularly interesting happens, she doesn't even have that. That's why very very visceral things like beating people to a pulp, flying at break neck speeds, courting a madman are the juicier tidbits that keep her going. She's definitely one part Margot Tenenbaum, One Part Jailbait from Incorruptible. The petulant child act is a real thing because part of M's childhood was robbed with her being imprisoned at a young age, and yeah, that creates kind of like this brat from hell attitude that is only tempered by her need for refinery.

People always make this comparison to Monet and Emma and I barely get it. The division there is this: Emma Frost can actually experience joy. Monet, can't. Sure she can be pleased with things, she can find things amusing, but the character was patently designed NOT TO FEEL THINGS emotionally, physically, sometimes mentally- access to her receptors are cut off and I feel Lobdell did a pretty good job of laying this out without spelling it out. That's why she lost it when Synch died because she was for the first time, really, really close to actually experiencing a genuine emotion and then it was gone. She's got a line of sight dependency on people's feelings which is another reason she hangs out with people that are diametrically emotionally opposite from her (Siryn, Jubilee, Rachel, all emotional firecrackers) and also probably the reason Monet St. Croix has probably never had an orgasm. If they retconned it to where her multitude of powers only worked if people were directly looking at her, I would actually accept it.

Her big fat tragedy also being that Monet is still a patently handicapped character in that She probably doesn't learn anything from these horrific events in her life. She's seen what it's like to have her soul eroded from the inside and replace it with pure ego. It's always her against the rest of the world in some way because she's built to take it on. No suprises, No thrills. For Monet St. Croix, Paris is always burning.
    So my biggest takeaway from this wall of insightful eloquence is that a buddy cop book with Monet and Our Goddess of Levity Alison Blaire would be the greatest series in the history of comicdom.

Monet has had an orgasm...That multiple comment from Jamie's Duplicate. I think she really fell for Jamie then later Strong Guy.

Ultimate Member

Or she was just teasing him or trying to make a joke as she is prone to do...all of that bit was PAD trying to make Jamie look as cool as possible...

that is a dark and depressing view, is it so hard to think Jamie rung her bell and briefly made her happy?

BANNED

I agree with Furious, to a degree. Moe should stay gray for a while. Like, I've never gotten why people immediately liken her to someone heroic or altruistic because honestly that's never been where the character has come from. Is she evil at the core? heck naw! But like, read between the ines and you can decipher that she comes from a family that has always been mired in a kind of secretive, money washed, clandestiny, background and the character herself has more than once been telegraphed as only being an X-man, or doing "hero" work because it serves her at the moment or because she's bored. MONET IS BORED, ya'll. She's the poster child of ennui.

Literally the most positive thing that's come out of her mouth in regard for why she even works on a team is because she's sees them as her team, like a sports team that she's competitive with, and feels responsible for their victory as simply by the inclusion of her being. She's not a hero because she's particularly concerned with saving people, if it happens, sure, she chalks it u to her overall superiority, but ultimately it's things like crime against culture, crimes against decency, crimes against good taste that insult her and motivate her actions. Monet is like a shark, she has to keep moving, keep her talents in use or else she dies. The creeping sense that she really is the disgusting monster she knows she is deep down (now made pretty literal by Bunn) would totally immobilize her. Once, she romanticized death, and would actually look towards suicide to alleviate her self loathing, but now that she's been dead and knows that nothing particularly interesting happens, she doesn't even have that. That's why very very visceral things like beating people to a pulp, flying at break neck speeds, courting a madman are the juicier tidbits that keep her going. She's definitely one part Margot Tenenbaum, One Part Jailbait from Incorruptible. The petulant child act is a real thing because part of M's childhood was robbed with her being imprisoned at a young age, and yeah, that creates kind of like this brat from hell attitude that is only tempered by her need for refinery.

People always make this comparison to Monet and Emma and I barely get it. The division there is this: Emma Frost can actually experience joy. Monet, can't. Sure she can be pleased with things, she can find things amusing, but the character was patently designed NOT TO FEEL THINGS emotionally, physically, sometimes mentally- access to her receptors are cut off and I feel Lobdell did a pretty good job of laying this out without spelling it out. That's why she lost it when Synch died because she was for the first time, really, really close to actually experiencing a genuine emotion and then it was gone. She's got a line of sight dependency on people's feelings which is another reason she hangs out with people that are diametrically emotionally opposite from her (Siryn, Jubilee, Rachel, all emotional firecrackers) and also probably the reason Monet St. Croix has probably never had an orgasm. If they retconned it to where her multitude of powers only worked if people were directly looking at her, I would actually accept it.

Her big fat tragedy also being that Monet is still a patently handicapped character in that She probably doesn't learn anything from these horrific events in her life. She's seen what it's like to have her soul eroded from the inside and replace it with pure ego. It's always her against the rest of the world in some way because she's built to take it on. No suprises, No thrills. For Monet St. Croix, Paris is always burning.

This is an interesting insight, for me though I'd say her powers work around her mental state "mind of matter" (mutant ver. Of gladiator )

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Likewater View Post
    that is a dark and depressing view, is it so hard to think Jamie rung her bell and briefly made her happy?
    Monet doesn't strike me as the kind of woman who would tell a man something like that if it weren't true. In fact, I think she'd bluntly (even cruelly) tell him the exact opposite.

Ultimate Member

Well when before that he'd had little to no success with women at all and then suddenly both Siryn and M and apparently both went over very well...a lot to ask for from a guy that had nothing to stand on in that department before, then to suddenly be great with every woman that he meets and sleeps with...I call shenanigans...especially to the point that M would bring it up so quickly, she'd more likely lie to him about it...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well when before that he'd had little to no success with women at all and then suddenly both Siryn and M and apparently both went over very well...a lot to ask for from a guy that had nothing to stand on in that department before, then to suddenly be great with every woman that he meets and sleeps with...I call shenanigans...especially to the point that M would bring it up so quickly, she'd more likely lie to him about it...
    Eh, Jamie and Siryn already had a history together, and as for M... A, I don't see her lying about it to spare Jamie's feelings (that's completely against her established character), and Jamie was the first person on-panel that Monet ever slept with. It isn't like she has a wealth of experience or anything.

Ultimate Member

Actually Jamie and Terry have no history at all until PAD, that earlier bit of dating was all a dupe and his later admittance to that broke her heart, which only made what happened in X-Factor all that more strange for her to have had anything to do with him romantically that fast..., I didn't mean that she'd lie to spare his feelings more that she'd lie about how good it was to him and then take it back later or admit the lie later on...

Actually Jamie and Terry have no history at all until PAD, that earlier bit of dating was all a dupe and his later admittance to that broke her heart, which only made what happened in X-Factor all that more strange for her to have had anything to do with him romantically that fast..., I didn't mean that she'd lie to spare his feelings more that she'd lie about how good it was to him and then take it back later or admit the lie later on...
    I remember Syrin had a conversation with a dupe in X-cutioners song that seemed romantically tinged when the dupe warned her he wasn't the original. But that is the extent of my knowledge of pre 2000 Multipleman x Syrin.

Syrin was on X-force which I read, Multiple Man was on the Government X-factor team which I didn't read.

BANNED

Oh, you're right! I had forgotten about that, and that was the most important part of that subplot!

Ultimate Member

I remember Syrin had a conversation with a dupe in X-cutioners song that seemed romantically tinged when the dupe warned her he wasn't the original. But that is the extent of my knowledge of pre 2000 Multipleman x Syrin.

Syrin was on X-force which I read, Multiple Man was on the Government X-factor team which I didn't read.
    IT was after X-Factor captured X-Force and put them in those cells in the mansion, Terry tried to use her past relationship with Jamie to get him and the others to cut X-Force a little slack, Jamie responded by telling her that their relationship had been a lie, that it had been a dupe all along, that it was like watching a movie about their relationship, he knew it was going on(Jamie said while pointing at his head) but that he didn't feel anything romantic for her at all (he said while pointing at his heart), she seemed pretty broken up by it...then Jamie stands up to Scott and add in a little alcohol and suddenly they're having sex on the same night that he/a dupe has sex with M, then it's all played up for laughs afterwards and the whole baby storyline is all about Jamie...at the time when a mutant pregnancy was driving the rest of the X-books Terry's pregnancy was never even mentioned or last I checked even really known about in the core books, after the baby was gone with Jamie re-absorbing it the next issues were mainly about Jamie reacting to it, then it was like it never happened and Jamie quickly moved on with Layla, who was all to eager to help...

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Two questions about Monet answered here:
    http://www.cbr.com/x-position-bunn-t...uncanny-x-men/

Well, if there was any doubt at all, Madrox is indeed who Monet has been mourning after Secret Wars ended.

And Bunn goes into the M-Em merge a bit more, but really just seems to be saying that it's more like the old timey merges, but not exactly 'cos it's more like possession/infection, and not magic. It's 'cos the St. Croix siblings always seem to be able to merge in weird ways.

Now that we’ve read a few issues of the event series “Death of X,” xhx23x wonders if that has had an influence on your run.

Does the recent revelation about Madrox’s fate tie into M’s current state in any way? Or is the person she lost someone else?

You’re right on the money, xhx23x. Very early on in my involvement with the X-Men, all of the writers got in a room to discuss the events of “Death of X.” I couldn’t help but think that Madrox’s death would hit Monet in a significant way and would impact her characterization going forward. It was a little tough to write, as I had to keep that a secret up until the revelation in “Death of X.”
    Look at that — we solved a mystery right here in X-Position! And speaking of Monet, here’s a question about her current state from WhySoFuriousGeorge.

How exactly did Monet and Emplate merge? The last time they merged, and formed M-Plate, they actually fused into a composite being with new abilities, which makes me think that this is something different…like a magical possession. Emplate does have some command of dark magic, so I thought I’d ask for clarification.

Hey, WhySoFuriousGeorge. I think looking at it as a kind of possession is along the right track. I don’t necessarily think it’s magical, though. This is a physical change, almost like an infection (Elixir even brings this up in the annual). They merged through some familial mutation. The St. Croix family is always merging and changing shape. I don’t know that I’d ever get too specific about it, though.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007